This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Hi Mom's

My son is scheduled  for PIR on 2/4/11 an assigned to ship 11 div 061. I could not find any groups for moms who's sons are assigned to ship 11 div 61. Sooo I am hoping we could get together here and compare notes from our sons.  I dont know much about this division, I have read from other moms that certain divisions mean certain things.  Well I hope to hear from you guys :)

Views: 549

Replies to This Discussion

jamie--ive thought the same thing..my son is so outgoing and social..i hope this hasnt taken it out of him. My sons GF will be there with us..so maybe you guys can exchange notes..lol

Did you watch the video that was posted yesterday? It was of a young military man talking about the difference betewee 'regular' girlfriends and 'military' girlfriends. My sons GF loved it so much, she posted it on her FB page.

If not..let me know i will post the link..looking forward to meeting you.

I didn't see the video, but I would definitely like to. Glad to know I am not the only one with these thoughts. This is just such a big change in terms of our relationship, guess I'll just have to see what happens.

jamie--here it is...make sure you watch the whole thing..its really sweet. Hes so animated when talking about it:)))

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1441460609926&comments

Hello all you 061 moms/GF's...has anyone received an kind of word?  Letters? calls? SOS? ...morse code even......?

Im getting discouraged, and i think his GF is running out of steam as well. This seems so close yet so far.

My husband had to get some shots in his back today... he mentioned to the nurse we had a long drive coming up soon and she asked where we were going. We told her BC graduation, and she was like "NO WAY... my son just joined the Navy,,he is in the DEP right now and leaving in the spring!!" She was so excited and proud (as to be expected) but on the way home..my husband said "That poor woman has no idea what she is in for"...lol  So true!!

Cant wait until this 'part' is over with...I want some word!!!

We got a letter Monday. Our SR sounded a little down, I think he is so ready to have it over with. He signed up last March so its been a waiting game. I'm just praying that they all do well so they can move forward with their heads high and proud that they made it though. I know we are proud of him. We are leaving our two younger children behind  with grandparents :( but our 17 year old is coming with us. He can't wait. I don't talk much on here but felt like i needed today, can't wait to meet you all. Maybe we should wear yellow the night of the meet and greet so we know each other, just a thought. I just keep praying for them all. God Bless

Thanks so much for the info..i think they are all about at wits end. Can you blame them..poor boys.

Im glad you decided to post today,,i need some info to relay my sons GF..its been a while since we received any mail and she is starting to get depressed. She gets mad at the Navy..lol

I might have to wear my scarf to M&G then also... thats the only yellow item i own.  lol

I am wearing a name tag...maybe i will make that yellow? Cant wait to meet you and your family. My other son (21) is coming home to attend the PIR with us also. He cant wait to see his brother march.:))

Wish my 18 year old son would come with us.  Especially since he's joining the Navy also.  Then he'd get to see the base and what graduation is all about.  He just hates the 13 hour car ride.  Ever since he's been a lilttle guy he's gotten very car sick.  I know his brother would love to have him there.  Oh well, once he's in Charleston in A-school I'm sure they'll see each other.  That's the way it goes sometime.  I've even tried to bribe him with all the good Chicago style pizza.  He's not falling for it though!  LOL! 

I bought a beautiful bright yellow sweater last weekend at Wal-mart!  It's the same yellow as my scarf.  Plus, I finally rec'd the 2 anchor patches I bought from e-bay.  I have to either sew them or iron them on.  Getting so excited!  Hoping for just one more letter!!  Maybe we'll all get a call this weekend. 

We are bring our son because he thinking of going into the air force or navy also. He graduates from high school this June so we will see. Our SR is also going to South Carolina but to Goose Creek. He's going into the nuke program so he will be there 2 years. Which is good for us, it's only 4 hours away. Can't wait to meet you all
I got a letter today and mine got his Duty station, Whidbey Island. Not sure if he is going to get leave after A school since his school is only 17 days. He sounded ok, till the last letter in which he got in some trouble. He has one of the most important divisional jobs, and he has been working so hard on that that his personal stuff like his rack have been neglected, so he's getting punished for it. I feel bad cause he is so stressed with his job, like he gets woken up 3-4 times every night while everyone else gets to sleep. poor thing. i can't wait to see him....i'm so ready for this to be over.
Ok first  where the heck is Whidbey Island..lol.....and secondly I know it is stressful but he will be fine. What is his job?    I wish my sons a school was only 17 days. I hope your sr gets leave they all deserve it for what they have been put through (and us)...I will say a prayer for him. 
He is an airman, unspecialized. I wish his A school was longer cause the school is close to me and then we could get to be with eachother. Whidbey island is in Washington. He is part of VAQ-137 "the rooks". That's all I know.

just think jamie...when this is all over (BC)..you will be able to go with him if you want. You are getting engaged...thats a good thing:))

I wish my sons was only 17 days also...his is 33 weeks!! And so far away (connecticut)...his girfriend is going to move up there to be closer to him. I know shes scared..:(( poor thing...

Im hoping this 'nightmare' is over soon also....i only call it that because it keeps me up at night.

Im so proud...i just want him to be happy.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service