This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Welcome to the Division Discussion for Division 918

Your SRs, soon to be SAILORS, are becoming friends, and some of them may be heading to A School together.

Get to know each other, your SRs are!

Please still use the Main Wall of the PIR Group to post questions and concerns, we “veteran” moms don’t always get to into the discussion area as often as we would like.

Every single question that is asked is important Every single concern is genuine Every single member is important to us We don't want to accidentally overlook any of them or you.

Hang in there!!!

Views: 1284

Replies to This Discussion

Okay ladies,

I am going to post here, but will try to get more on the PIR 3-14-14 group too.  I just got a call from my SR.  He said that this week was better and yes they have gotten in trouble a couple of times, but wasn't horrible.  I am not sure where to start or what to say.  He told me that one young man who was absolutely the best had a knee problem and had to leave.  My son said that he wasn't certain if it was for good or it after surgery he would be allowed to come back, but that the young man had such a look of defeat.  My son said it was so hard to see and his heart went out to him.  Again, he said that they are really breaking down on the SRs talking to each other. They usually only know last names and are not allowed to share to much personal information.  SR says they try to  get info and support each other.

MomofLP - wasn't your son the one with the heart murmur thing?  My SR had spoken about a young man that was pulled out of their division because of that.  He didn't know of any of the others who left (they are many) that had heart problems, but I thought that would have been your son.  My SR has not seen him again.  Is he still in div 918?  I hope so, if would be strange to have two boys pulled for the exactly same thing.  We need to keep in touch about that.  

SR said that they are loosing people fast.  They have dwindled by about 20 so far and he said that others were be being sent back, or sent home.  He said a few of the people just did really stupid stuff.  One got mad because he was tired and felt others were making to much noise.  He threw and broke a chair.  

They took their swim test and seems that everyone has passed, if not the first time then the second.  SR said that some of the really muscular guys had a harder time floating.  LOL

He has a new bunk mate.  He is a young man with a four letter last name and starts with a B.  Does that sound familiar to anyone?  Please im me if it does.  

Gosh how much more can I tell you.  He mentioned so many things.  He has been able to make it to church services and has been blessed for it, but also misses the young man who was giving prayers at night.  No, one has offered to pick that up, so they are going without.

He confirmed that letters come everyday, but that he hadn't gotten any of mine.  He said that others were getting 20 letters at a time and he was wanting to get something in the mail.  I am going to hunt down and call everyone and tell them to mail letters.  It really is the only way to let our SRs know that we support them.  I was so worried that my son would get their and get bunches of letters and someone else would be going without.  Never thought that it would be him.  

Well if I think of anything else I will post more later. 

Yes, I got a call too! We were able to talk for 35 minutes. He sounds sooo much better! Said he is finally transitioning and passed the swim test too. The test came back that it wasn't a heart murmur so he is still with the division and hanging in there. He said the leader of their division is the best, that they couldn't ask for a better leader. He said that he was from the Bronx and already has things all figured out. My son also mentioned that they started out with 98 and they are now down in the 70s. He said they got their first IT the other day and actually laughed when he said they make a big announcement over the loud speaker and the rest of the ship started mocking them :-). He said that it's going to be real important that they stay focused this week (lots of inspections) and not loosen up on their military bearing. He said they were able to send off their first letters today. Yay!
I was able to talk to my son today too! I was out shopping I sat down in the store and just let him talk. He sounds great a little sick but not too bad. He told me their division is awesome!! He has been to medical twice and he has to see a foot doctor tomorrow. The boots give him a lot of heel pain. I am praying that its something that can be fixed with a different boot. He is really enjoying this experience for the most part. They have had IT a couple times and according to him that's a really low number. My SR said they were able to write letters today he has not received any letters yet either. I hope they get a whole bunch tomorrow. Can't wait for the for his first letter but two phone calls already is more than I could have hoped for. Hoping all goes well with the foot doctor tomorrow.
I'll be thinking good thoughts for your son for his appt. Tomorrow. I wonder if it's possible he bruised his heel somehow? My son has had a lot of issues with the boots too. Had to have a toenail removed and still plenty of blisters. He said they have to wear them real tight because any friction from being loose causes blisters and pain. I think their division is doing really well to have already earned two phone calls and long ones too! Glad you were able to hear from him!

Good morning,

We were so glad to get our 30 min phone call from our SR yesterday 2/2/14.  He sounded really good.  He told us that he did get his wisdom teeth pulled last week, their division is doing great, it is really cold, boots fit okay because his feet were already callused from his cowboy boots.  We asked what he wanted to do on the weekend he graduates he did not know he was able to have time off; he would have to check into it.  His sister asked if he wanted to go to the mall he said no because he has clothes lol but he does want to go to a movie. He has not received any mail this past week but was able to mail his letter 2/2/14.  So hopefully he gets our letters this week and we get his. 

Okay ladies, we are down another mom. Please let me know if you are still reading. I could use conversation with other moms with SR in 918 division. MomofLp. How are you ?
Hi Dittersmom! I'm still here....just work long hours during the week so it's tough to respond too much. I read posts every morning though and it's what helps get me through. I still haven't received his letter and am going wth no news is good news! Still, we've had at least three phone calls so I know I should consider myself lucky! Are you hanging in there? Weekends seem to be the most difficult for me because I have more time to think about it. I still can't bring myself to go into his room.

Good morning all,  I am still here too, I haven't received letter(s) either, and I am very thankful for the three phone calls I received   I am hoping and praying that our SR's do well and can earn more phone calls because I do miss my son especially on Friday's because that is when I am off and everyone is either working or at school.  I seen on FB that a lot of SR's were able to call home because they did well on exams.  I was waiting for a call but did not get one. I have my blue candle on my phone going. Have a great day everyone!

Moms, get ready! Our boys earned another phone call! Just finished talking with my son. They earned a scholastic flag and rookie/Ricky heaven as a reward too. Be ready to answer those phones! Dittersmom, I posted some info. About your son on the main group for PIR 3-14-14 :-). Our boys our doing great!!
Hello everyone! I got another phone call today right when I walked into my house from work & I received my first letter from my SR! I am so stoked now!!! I hope everyone was able to get calls & letters also. My SR said they got an scholastic award & probably be able to go to "Rookie Heaven" this week! He sounded really good & is trying to recruit his sister! Go Navy!

Hi Ladies,

I have some news. I was able to make contact with a wife of one of our SRs.  They both (wife and SR) grew up here in my home town.  If was funny that some people made a joke at my SR's good-bye party about seeing their brother-in-law at boot camp and low and behold they ended up in the same division.  Anyhow, I have directed the wife to our N4M site and discussion group.  She is waiting to be approved.  I can't wait to welcome her.

That's great news! We need more div. 918 moms to be part of our group :-). It's sad to think people are going through this alone without this wonderful resource.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service