This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Welcome to the Division Discussion for Divisions 051 and 052

These two divisions are brother divisions and will be training together from the beginning through BS21 their final test. Your SRs, soon to be SAILORS, are becoming friends, and some of them may be heading to A School together.

Get to know each other, your SRs are!

Please still use the Main Wall of the PIR Group to post questions, and concerns, we “veteran” moms don’t always get to into the discussion area as often as we would like.

Every single question that is asked is important Every single concern is genuine Every single member is important to us We don't want to accidentally overlook any of them or you.

Hang in there!!!

Views: 4366

Replies to This Discussion

I've been worried every since receiving that late call from my son. He did not sound like himself at all. We all have never been a part and his brothers are having a hard time without him. He's the oldest and it was the first time we was not there for his birthday. Feeling so down this Holiday season.

My son said it is getting harder as of week 4, I could tell it in his letter. He seemed down but trying to brush it off. I think his friends mom will adopt him for Christmas which will give us a chance to skype. I am looking so forward to that and I pray that it comes true. He keeps saying if I make it if I make it. I know him and he is not one to give up so I can tell it must be getting harder. Praying for all of our SR's to make it the first time aroung. Oh by the way I am still looking for the mom who has a SR in ship 03 div 051 with the initials KM.

Hi Charlene! Thank you for your input and thoughtfulness! Our son is in Ship 03 Division 051, so I guess that is the brother division to your son. I can't wait to go to graduation! Praying for good weather! :)

You son must be the other Texan with my son. He wrote us and said it was on 1 other Texan.

Hello everyone! My Fiancé is on Ship 03 Div 51. I've gotten 2 phones and one letter so far. I'm retired USAF myself so I can relate to what he is going through and have a bit of a heads up with knowing what to expect. My father is always retired Navy. I've been counting down the days till I see him again. The first phone call home was hard for me to take in, I knew he was way out of his element and I knew being homesick was going to be the hardest part for him. I will say though that he did sound more optimistic than the first. I have no idea what he is doing for Christmas, I hope he gets to go somewhere he can Skype or even call home.

Hi Whitmae!  I have also received 2 calls and one letter so far from our son.  Yes, they are definitely going through so much right now and being away from home on top of it!  My son is definitely struggling with homesickness, too.  I am not sure what our son is doing for Christmas either!  I just keep telling family to not send care packages, and my mother-in-law keeps saying that that isn't fair....Lol!  Her son (my husband) was in boot camp during Christmas, and she was allowed to send him cookies so she hates that she can't send her grandson some!  I am used to it, though...When you marry military or go in yourself, you learn that you do what they tell you and recognize that the military is what it is!  Crying about what's fair and what isn't gets you nowhere.  ;)

Yeah...lette from our guy. Actually three short ones in one envelop (he is efficient). Short note to me and dad and a note to read at church (his extended family). He keeps track of the days by reading a chapter of Proverbs to correspond to the date each night before taps. Said that I would need a lot of vinegar for the sailor mouths (I warned him). All sounded good.

One of those "sailor mouths" is probably my son. Hopefully he is minding his manners as far as being polite about other people's faith and such. I reminded him that not everyone wants to hear about his religious beliefs (or lack thereof).

That's funny. T is not easily offended but I am glad he isn't joining in either. He didn't say if he was a part of the whole slide around in the socks episode. The OCD in me wants to know......

Welcome to the new moms/loved ones. doesn't look like our div was chosen to be pictured from the Tuesday trivia on Facebook; there is next Tuesday to look forward to. Hopefully this time they will post the question early enough so that I can see it before it is answered, geez give a girl a chance! LOL

Jam. Confused about what week they are in. The letter I said that the week after thanksgiving would be week 2 (even though he's been there since nov 7). He said the training is technically only going to be 6 weeks because of the holidays. I try to watch that day-by-day to see what they are doing, but I don't think it applies very well to our PIR group.
Question for everyone. We all give our kids advice to try and help them be prepared for the unknown. What advice did you give your child about military life? I told my son to make copies of his medical & military records between duty stations and advised him to mail those copies to me. I wish my husband had done that while he was active duty. He was medically seperated from the Army in 2004, but there are times even 10 year post-injury that those records would have come in handy. I didn't know my husband while he was active duty, so those records could help me help him fill in holes TBI has created. Oh and in other news, the hubbyman started training with his new service dog! Gunner, is the most well-behaved dog I have ever met! The connection between the hubbyman and Gunner was instant!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service