This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Anyone else with at recruit in the same ship?

Views: 591

Replies to This Discussion

Same here...
It shows them doing PT and then there is one in the Marlinspike? There are a couple of them marching.

Pics from today? Which one is their DIV?

Wow Brettany, that is wonderful news about your hubby!! He sounds like a very smart young man...you must be proud! I agree with you that it is even more of an honor that he was nominated by the other SR's. Send our congrats in your next letter. He sounds like a perfect candidate for the Seaman to Admiral program. (STA-21). I read about it on the RTC website when I was studying for the trivia question last week!!!
Yes, he has been looking forward to the STA-21 Program since he enlisted. His recruiters have been saying he'd be perfect for it! He got a perfect score on his ASVAB, Honor Grad, EPO, and he is a Nuke... He has everything going for him right now! As long as he continues to succeed and strive for the things he wants, he will do great!  I will tell him for you! It will make him feel good! I'm so ready for the question tomorrow lol I want a pic! Idk if your boys told you, but Josh said their Battle stations will be 5/26! I can't wait to hear from him!

Hi Brettany, The boys did write about battlestations on Friday. I really stressed in my letter to work together as a team and to pay attention!! I'm going to be saying some extra prayers for div 189 on Friday. Your husband sounds like he is officer material. I have never heard of a perfect ASVAB score, that is fantastic!!! I would love for him to rub off on my younger son. He is very smart, but young and doesn't always apply himself. He's is the middle one in the trivia picture. I think the Navy is perfect for him, it has showed him already that you earn rewards and honors thru hard work!  Good luck with the trivia question. I won't play again because that would seem rude if I won again!!!!  I'll give you a tip....study the main RTC website. I even took notes.... LOL!! I'm going to lurk on there tomorrow and watch, I hope to see your name on top!!! 

Thank you I hope I can win too! I hope I'm home in time! My dog is getting fixed so I'm taking her to the vet. And yes it was the first time his recruiter had seen a perfect score as well. But if you ask him what he got, he will just tell you he did very well... He's so modest! Something I admire about him!! I can't wait to be with him again next week! Or for his phone call on friday! I'm sure they will do great at battle stations... They seem to really be coming together as a team!
I can't wait either!!  I'm going shopping today to buy another suitcase and an outfit to wear to PIR.  I know this is a trivial question, but what are you all going to wear to the ceremony?? Dressy or casual? I've been checking the weather there too and I don't know what to wear. It seems to rain one day and warm the next. I also wanted to let everyone know that we are able to print out the gate pass now. You have to use the password that was written on the first form letter you received from your SR.

Your question is not trivial.  I've been trying to decide because I wanted to wear a dress but don't want to wear heels and where we leave it is already close to 90 so again how cool is it going to be there?  I think I've decided on dress paints and nice blouse so hopefully I'll be comfortable. I'm a little worried about rain though.  Don't want to spend time on hair if the rain is going to undo everything I've done since we have to be there so early.

Hello 189 Moms,count down is moving fast I'm so excited,My daughter wrote and said everything is good and they took pic in there whites and she said how proud she were of herself. She is the baby so she is spoiled..Now she is a spoiled Sailor.. I'm so excited and June 3 is not coming fast enough...but anyway my dress apparel will be a casual black  pantsuit with flats I been following the weather so it looks like it will be cool in the morning and warm  up in the evening. because I dont want to go back to the hotel and change. Div189 Good Luck and Prayers are with you this week..See You on June 3.

Im wearing a dress that goes right above the knee... semi strapless lol i dont know how to describe it... it got the haulter type top bit its a string with thick beads on it. (http://www.zappos.com/christin-michaels-wooden-bead-strapped-dress-...) LIKE this one, but not as fancy... and brown beads and its Navy blue =). oh and I only paid $13 for mine! haha I love bargains! (Burlington Coat Factory)  I hope I don't freeze! It still hasn't really warmed up here yet... and I love in Southern California... Only 9 more days! I can't wait!

It funny that you live in California and transferring to SC.  We live in NC and my son and his family will be sent to California for A school!  I tried to talk my son into Nuke but he decided on CTI so California here he comes.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service