This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Anyone's recruit on this ship and Division?

Views: 7609

Replies to This Discussion

5 inches of lovely white stuff fell in Maine yesterday, another one coming Saturday.  I will do my normal 85 MPH home just to check my mailbox!!!  I can hear it now...."but officer, I need to check my mailbox!!!"

We have a winter weather advisiory here in Dayton. Freezing rain, all that fun stuff. My SR's brother is at his Dad's this weekend. I'm still going out.

Just started snowing heavily here in LaPorte, IN, my son and daughter both work in Chicago and they say its crazy there right now.  Anyway, forgot that we are going to dinner with our daughters fiancee's family, so no meet and greet for us! 

No letter for me either :(  need a call or something.   Missing my son like crazy.   Had a good cry today again.   I was looking through pictures and just started balling.   

Couldn't say it better JC's Mom! I was at an old HS friend's house the other day. Her 21 year old still lives at home, and has gotten a DUI. Both parents were telling me how lucky I am because my son had a plan to be a sailor. I'm glad I have this website and know I am not alone.

Hi, so after getting the mail today and not seeing a letter from my son, I had a complete meltdown!  It didn't help that my black lab, hit a glass of diet coke and knocked it all over my brand new white carpet!  My husband, came in a held me until I stopped crying like a baby!  I feel like I've lost something and I can't find it!  I know that my son is just fine, but boy not hearing is tearing me apart.  Thanks for letting me rant!

No letter from my SR to his grandmother. She just texted me to tell me. Also postage goes up Monday. Forever stamps forever.

@Robbie's Mom - Don't worry.  Remember, no news is good news.  If there was a problem, he would have called.  I'm guessing (because of my form letter with a 1/10 post mark) that they are not quite finished week 2 of training.  Last Sunday, while the second Sunday my SR was gone, would have only been the first Sunday during training.  I was hoping for a letter this week, but next week is much more likely.  It is hard.  My daughter was learning "Anchors Aweigh" for a school project.  Well, now we are ALL singing it.  I watch youtube videos and look at RTCs graduation photos each week and cry tears of pride.  Eat!  Know that if you haven't been contacted with a reason to worry that you probably don't need to.  RTC is taking good care of our SRs!

Looks like it's warming up in Great Lakes this week!!  It was a cold one last week for sure.  Have a great week N4M's.  I'm still waiting for that 1st letter!!  My son's friend who graduated from Army bootcamp said their 3rd Sunday was when they gave them all their mail and they were allowed to write.  Cross your fingers we get mail this week.  I'm hanging in there. Can't believe he's been gone 19 days....

Yes Im hoping for a letter this week too. Went to see a movie yesterday and had my phone silent but in my pocket. No call. Mailed off 2 letters yesterday. My SR always watched the news with us, so I took the current Time magazine & re-did it in a way that he could share with other SR's. I finished another letter after the football game but had run out of envelopes! Off this am for more.

Was it just him from div to call? Oh my, please lets get a phone call or SOMETHING! I'm not good at this. I'm making lists of things I need to do today and I just keep checking in here. Also does anyone else have probs with site? I think they should have the last posting be the first one you come to on page 1. Just my 2 cents worth. Always have to wait for the snowflakes to load.  Lisa D Dayton. Ohio

He said that he was doing well enough to get to make a quick call, but it was so quick that we really just got to say, " Love you and miss you" keep the letters coming, he said he had mailed out a couple this weekend.  I really almost missed the call, I had my phone on vibrate and just happened to walk past it when I saw the call coming through!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service