This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Welcome to the Division Discussion for Divisions 107 and 108

These two divisions are brother divisions and will be training together from the beginning through BS21 their final test. Your SRs, soon to be SAILORS, are becoming friends, and some of them may be heading to A School together.

Get to know each other, your SRs are!

Please still use the Main Wall of the PIR Group to post questions, and concerns, we “veteran” moms don’t always get to into the discussion area as often as we would like.

Every single question that is asked is important Every single concern is genuine Every single member is important to us We don't want to accidentally overlook any of them or you.

Hang in there!!!

Views: 2993

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Everyone,

Saturday, early afternoon, waiting for the mailman.  Maybe a letter?  No phone call yet either.  My answers to a few questions asked.  My son is Ship 09 Div 108.  We are staying three days at the Courtyard.  Arriving Thursday afternoon and leaving Sunday.  Sarges meet and greet is held Thursday evening at the Sundance saloon for all families attending PIR the next morning.  We can walk from our hotel and will use the shuttle to base.  We are traveling by Amtrak from Grand Rapids MI to Chicago.  My son will be heading to SC for nuke school so he is what they call a Grad and go,  May only have Friday and airport time with him. 

So looking forward to meeting more on here and at PIR.

Want to order ribbons too?

How can I post a profile picture?  I was able to put a picture on my page but it won't let me upload one as a profile?

Thanks again to our veteran Moms for having this group and keeping us sane and informed.

To get a picture, go to your page and click on the profile pic ture box and it should say to upload one. I think..hahaa!

Did you get a call today? Josh told me that he hasn't been given any time to write. I think they get time on Sunday to write.

Just received our phone call

So did I!!!!!!! Was so happy! I cried!

I got a call today! I was so happy to hear his voice. He laughed at me. He's doing good. Said not too much going on. His butt hurts for 3 days from the shots. Wisdom teeth stayed in! Almost was going to redo the root canal he just got but the dentist is friends with his dentist, so told him he was all good! thank god, I paid a lot for that!!!! He said his bunk mate doesn't shut up, so he distances himself so he doesn't get in trouble!!!! lol, He said just head down and shut up!!! He did JROTC in HS,so he knows how to do that!! So great to here from him. He said the first week was hard and missed us, but hes good! Got a whole 15 minutes to talk to him! Made my day and my week!!!!!!!!!!

Ok is it normal to change there schooling?will they have to pass test to stay there for A school????very confused

Got a call Saturday morning from my SR. Made my day. He said his division is a"push" division, not totally clear what that means. Needs his wisdom teeth pulled/ but they said to wait for A school. He had a " boot camp pedicure",they cut away half of his toenail due to ingrown toenails from his boots, poor guy. Said it hurts but he's working through it. Said he hasn't been yelled at, that his RDCs are really nice and he's met some great people. He still hasn't received mail, broke my heartd how sad he sounded at that, but I assured him I sent LOTS as soon as I got his address. He wasn't sure when he could call again, but asked for another calling card for just in case. Made me feel better, but I'm constantly on the verge of tears.....anyone else? I know he's fine, just miss knowing what he's doing and him being so far away. Thanks for letting me ramble, co -workers, family and friends don't get it. My dear SILsaid she knew what I meant, it was hard to see her son go visit a friend for a week she missed him so much.....not quite the same, lol. Glad you moms are here. Good bless all our SRs. (ship 09/div107)

I know exactly what your going thru, I miss mine, I pray they can call this weekend again
Has anyone ordered any PiR ribbons???

Hi Lisa! I haven't ordered my PIR ribbons yet, because my daughter's and I "craft nerds"! LOL! If I see we can block a Saturday afternoon out to do them ourselves, we will. Otherwise, we'll just place an order. 

Have you ordered your ribbons yet?

I got a call from my recruit today!!! It was only 10 minutes long but It was the best thing ever to hear his voice. He said that RTC is the hardest thing he's done but that he's doing really well for himself. He said that he had 3 wisdom teeth removed, it hurts, but he's working through it the best he can. He said that he hasn't been yelled at as an individual by the RDC's but he's also not a "favorite". I'm just happy to hear that he's surviving and nothing has gone wrong. And apparently he LOVES the freezing weather and having snow shoveling duty, haha. It made my entire week to hear from him. I cried tears of happiness towards the end of the call. I hope that everyone has that opportunity. 

He did mention that a lot of the recruits had low morale and need some cheering up. Just a heads up that some that they need some more letters to help them feel better!!!

Division 108 Ship 09

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service