This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Anyone out there with a SR in Ship 9?

Views: 317

Replies to This Discussion

My son is 19 (20 in June). This is also his first time away from home.  He makes me laugh and he has the personality that will be perfect for a police officer.
hello everyone... are we wearing navy blue scarfes for ship 9?... my son is div 139... i received a letter from him yesterday, letting me know that HELL WEEK was starting (that's whay he told me they call it?) weapons, fire fighting, etc... he was really looking forward to it... anyway he also told me that div 139 is a grad n go:(... i was hoping to see him for the weekend!.. he will be flying out Saturday morning to Pensecola... is that the whole division?

Hi Christine: My son is also in the same ship and div.  That is what I heard ladies are wearing navy blue scarves for the ship 9 div 139.  My son is also a Grad and Go but he is going to San Antonio, TX for A school.  What is your son in for? My son is in to train as a police officer (or MP). My son has made a few real good friends. Would your son's name first initial be A, K or S? My son is 19 (20 in June).

Will you also be there for the meet and greet Thursday night before granduation?

My son also mentioned Hell Week and he was very positive about it. He was looking forward to it too. He also looks forward to the cookies they get every once in awhile lol.

he went in as an airman to air traffic controlling... he thought about MP... my my son's name does not start with those letters.. he is T... and he will be 21 in July, getting ready to have a baby... his girlfriend is due the beginning of next month... where is the meet and greet?... we are staying at the Residence Inn and all of us are coming... me, my husband, son, daughter, son in law, grandson, girlfriend and BABY... lol... hoping T can find 2 extra tickets for graduation, but if not - he will see everyone after graduation... T has not mentioned the cookies, which surprises me - he was such a junk food junkie... he already sounds more grown up in his letters... yours?

Hello! That sounds really cool.  Ahh congratulations to your son and his girlfriend. The meet and greet is at the Ramada Inn from I believe 6-8 and it is free, compliments of Ramada. They will have free appetizers. You do not even have to stay there.  Our family is also staying at the Residence Inn.  5 years ago I went to GL for my oldest son's graduation. He is also in the Nay.  I wish I would have brought my parents back then, but only had so many tickets. At the graduation, I thought, there was plenty of room I could have brought them. So you should try to get some extra tickets if you can. So it will be myself, my husband, my daughter (14), and my mom.  My dad passed away in November. My dad was in the Navy and I wish he could be here. Yes...I do believe my son has grown up by his letters and the day we dropped him off he slipped a letter to me and my husband. It was very heartfelt and sincere. He showed right there he was growing up.  He just continues to amaze me and I am so proud of him.  I had to laugh when you said your son is such a junk food junkie.  My son went for about a year eating only tuna, veggies, asparagus and chicken because he is 6 foot (he looks like a football player) but his weight was over. So they went according to body mass for him and he worked out every day and he lost all fat and gained muscle. He looked great. Then in his last letter he said he lost 10 pounds I could not believe it...I thought where can you lose it from. lol  My husband was in the air force so he and our boys have fun teasing each other.  Tell me more about your son.  Where are you from?  We live in Northern IL so we are only about an hour away which is nice for us.

The meet and greet sounds like a great idea... will you and your family be going?... if there is plenty of room at graduation, i wonder why they only allow 4 tickets per recruit?... anyway, thank you for the congratulations on the baby... this will be my 2nd grandchild, i have a 18 month olf grandson, but this is one is a girl!... yes, when we received letters this week, he had written myself, my husband (his step father) and his brother (13) our own letters... they were very heart felt... i was reading them out loud last night, while my husband was cutting vegetables for a salad and we were both crying.. LOL... my son is about 6 ft. but only weighs 140 lbs... tall and thin... he is built like his father was... has a hard time gaining weigh, just has one of those metabolism... wish i had that problem... haha... we are from Brunswick, Maryland... it's a small town outside of the DC area... we are actally right next to West Virginia and Virginia state lines... i have 3 children... a daughter (22) and T (almost 21) and a son (13)... been married to my 2nd husband for 17 years... i have a 18 month grandson - who is the light of my life... and 2 dogs... maybe we can get together and meet at the graduation

I wish I had that problem too..I love food. lol I have lost a few pounds from my surgery, and hope I can just keep that off. Yes, all but my mom will attend the meet and greet. My mom will probably just want to relax in the hotel room. Sounds like you have a very nice family. My oldest son is 22, he is married and they have a 6 month old (my 1st grandson). I wish I could see him more often. I have two indoor dogs, border collie and jack russell. Then my husband has a hunting dog...not indoor dog lol I have heard that some years the graduation is full and sometimes not so full so it all depends. But..definately worth asking for extra tickets.  Again..this was 5 years ago and they did not even look at anything when we walked in, but things could have changed by then. I have a friend who's son is in a separate division (her son and my son were friends when they went in). She is also going to look into getting extra tickets. I will see how she is going about doing it and if she is having any success.  I would imagine there would be some families that are not all able to get to graduation. Meaning not to jump around but I have been married for 25 years to my high school sweetheart. Our anniversary is coming up in June.  I have heard Maryland is beautiful. That is great your son is really good at writing letters to everyone.  I was surprised that my son does real well at writing back to everyone too. I also write my son's friend.  My son's friend is in a division that will be singing in the choir.  I would love for our family to meet your family at graduation. I can't wait!
that sounds wonderful... wow 25 years!... that is incredible and your family sounds wonderful!..i didn't think that T would write back, but it seems that he really misses us... haha.... we have a jack russell also and i have a schnoodle (the princess - LOL) at least that's what my family says.... they say that Sam (Jack) has a complex since i brought that little dog into the house... haha... T used to say he didn't really like Reese, but the letter he wrote his little brother at the end, told him to kiss Reese and Sam... i cannot wait to see him at graduation and hope that we can meet... i heard our kids need to find the tickets... if they don't have all 4 people coming they can add someone's elses name to their list, so you would have to know that recruits name... there are no physical tickets... you have to be on a list that only the boys can make... that's what i have been told anyway... do you think they will get another phone call... i know that they get one after their final test to tell us that their sailors, but do you think they will be able to call before that?... oh, and when is that final test given... they physical test - is that 2 or 3 days before graduation?... do you know?... i am full of questions, since you have had a son that already went through this... haha.. thank you
Thank you..we have our days lol  How old is your jack russell? How sweet about your son asking your youngest to give kisses.  Ours is 2 1/2 years old. He is so ugly he is cute. He has a really bad underbite. lol  We will have to compare notes from our boys' letters.  I will see if my friend learns the same thing about trying to get extra tickets. I believe they only get to make one more call and that would be after they passed the final test to say "I am a sailor"  I will just cry when I get  the call because I know that is a such a big deal but also he will be beaming with pride when he makes that call.  Ohh my it has been 5 years since my other son has been in BC and I have actually asked him about some things. Some he remembers but alot he does not. He said back in BC they did not have Hell Well...they just call the week they have to do all that hell week. My son said it was fun.  I have heard and I want to find out forsure but I have heard the final test is a week prior to graduation. Then they have a week to play games and not be so serious. Also time to practice for graduation. I also believe the call comes on the Saturday or Sunday before graduation. When I find out more I will be sure to let you know. My son has been going to the Christian Chapel on Sundays. I was so happy to hear that he is keeping up with that. He was baptized just before he left for BC.  I do remember the ceremony from my son's graduation. It is the most beautiful thing you will experience.  The ceremony puts such a feeling of pride for our young men and women who are graduating and pride for our country.  You will cry. It is very very moving.   When my son was in BC I did not have a place like this to go to for answers.  This is pretty cool. Feel free to ask me whatever you want and I will answer or if I do not know, I will find out the answer.  I will ask my son if he knows anyone who is not going to use all their tickets.  This is alot of fun staying in touch. I usually get a letter from my son on Tuesdays. I figure being only 1 hour away is why I get them so quick.
hey... sorry it's been a couple of days since i have been on... our jack russell is 4... he is a very stocky jack... not as stocky as SPUDS, but not a tiny jack by any means.... haha... i got another letter from my son today... letting me know that he was going to write again this past Sunday and tell me about what he has been doing this week... he was very excited about shooting this week... he told me about a terrible storm last week.... did you hear about there heat in their barracks going out?... he told his girlfriend about it and said they woke up and it was freezing!!.... LOL... so BATTLESTATIONS is a week before graduation?... so the week of the 11th?... i bought the perfect card to send him for BATTLESTATION week, that's why i want to know... want to make sure i send it at the right time...it is the funniest card... talk to you soon...
Hello my son is also (ship 09 div 139 ) I will also try to find a navy blue scarf for ship 9 div 139 .My son  went in for Hospital Corpsman.I haven't heard if he will be a Grad and Go but as I can see on here I should expect he is he will be leaving for San Antonio , Tx  A School

If he is going out for A school you may have to visit with him at the airport. they will give you a gate pass to visit with him  until he leaves.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service