This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
My 19 yr old son Tony is in this ship--going for navy Corpsman Fleet marine

Views: 499

Replies to This Discussion

Glad to hear you got your phone call Cheryl...it was great hearing there voices wasn't it....got all of our travel plans done also...can't wait for that day.
We got one too!!!! I'm using the term "we" quite loosely because it was actually "she", the gf who got the call.
I wasn't surprised that he called her, I would have worried if he'd called me instead! She was so good and called me right up and told me all about it...okay, maybe I'm a teensy bit jealous, but just teensy..
Cheryl I'm glad Josh has his dental work done- I've been reading along. What an ordeal for him to go through at bootcamp, and what an ordeal for YOU!
I'm so pumped for 4/23 too!
I got my phone call today!!! Best 20 minutes of my month! He sounded very upbeat and like he was doing well. I guess their Cheif is sick so has been a little easier on them this week. Graduation is still as planned and best of all he may be back into the Nuke Program but he won't know for sure until this Thursday when they go to Classification which is where they sign their final job contract I guess. Really sounds like he is making the best of it. Poor Div 168 is not allowed dessert with their meals even though everyone else gets it. He said he wants me to bring him cupcakes for his graduation :) So so amazing to hear him. I was kind of beside myself as to what to say because I was shaking so much, but we had a great conversation! I just love him so much, I can't wait to join him. Hang in there ladies...one month from today!!
Great news on the Nuke program will keep fingers crossed. My Josh said the same thing about no dessert..he says they call their Chief the cookie nazi because they can't have any cookies. Can't wait for next month!!
Isn't that funny how different people are, tony (staiti last name) said nothing about dessert but he is a health food fanatic so he is probably glad LOL
I got a letter from josh yesterday!! he sounded a little more home sick than he did on the phone..he's worried about all the tests coming up..he said that RTC said the next few weeks would go by fast..he didn't say anything about dessert bu he's not a big sweets eater anyway...it was so good to talk to him on tue, and then get a letter on wed. i hope all of you are getting phone calls and letters...they do make us feel better..
I got a letter from my Josh today....a 5 pager...that surprised me. He told me about how when they first got there they did not sleep for 41 hours. No wonder they are tired because they have not caught up on any..he did have SIQ day and said he slept the whole day after he got his wisdom teeth out. He said he was more nervous about that then going to boot camp. But said it wasn't bad and he said so far it has not been as bad as he thought it would be for boot camp. He told me he has not gotten yelled at and plans to keep it that way. As far as food goes he just said he wants a cookie and eat at Taco Bell (his favorite place) for Liberty. A phone call and a letter in the same week I am flying high......and he said in the letter he would write every week. Have a great day ladies:)
Hi my name is Pamela and my son Brandon is also on this ship...........So can not what to see him on graduation.
Welcome Pamela it is nice to have another mom on board with us...this place has definatly helped me get through the tough times waiting to here from our kids. I also cannot wait for graduation...where will you be coming from?
Hi Pamela and welcome! This site has been SO helpful for answering questions, plus for making friends along the way. Glad you found us! My son Ben is in this same ship with Brandon, but I don't hear much from him- the girlfriend is top priority, so I get my news through her. Weren't the first couple of weeks torturous- it seems like it's gotten easier lately, especially as we get closer to PIR. Are you going to attend? We're staying at the Residence Inn. I have to get back to work! Any guess as to what the weather's like in IL in mid/late April???
Anyone???
Welcome Pamela, lj1422 is right this has helped to sooo much to get through not hearing & wondering if our kids are ok and how they are doing...Hope you've gotten at least a phone and a letter or two!!! I'm hoping for a letter tomorrow!! If Josh wrote one on Sun. and mailed it then I usually get it on Wed. soooo crossing my fingers..24 more days till graduation!!! Can you believe it... I will say it has gone fast than I first thought it would...Hope everyone is having a nice week so far.. Our weather has been great the last few days...it's about time!! lol
I also hope you have gotten letters and a phone call to Pamela....Cheryl, I am waiting for Thurs. it was when I got the letter last week and figure it takes an extra day to get to Florida. I would love another phone call also. I have alot of things going on with my daughter this month before graduation so am hoping that will make it go by faster. Glad to hear your weather is good, my daughter is on spring break from high school and has spent everyday since Sat. at the beach except one...it rained Monday. Have a good night:)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service