This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Just another subdivision in our new navy life to chat w/fellow parents while waiting for PIR :)

Views: 3207

Replies to This Discussion

OMG, I'm so bummed. I'm at work and I've had my phone on vibrate, which I rarely do. I checked my phone and saw three missed calls. I missed the last one by one minute!

UPDATE: As I was typing 'by one minute', the phone rang again. It was THE call. The boy is doing well. He said it's just been pretty boring and repetitive.

Regarding the lack of discipline, he said it actually came to a head after taps last night with people yelling at each other. The OOD reported it to the RDC and there was hell to pay. That will get better.

So good to hear from my son.

OH HAPPY DAY HERE...... got a letter   AND A PHONE CALL... WOOHOO  FLOATING.sooo excited i can't even type. hahaha he sounds soooo good.... been sick on a bunch of meds.. been to dental alot.. but sounds soooo upbeat and really enjoying it...  i asked what his favorite part is...he said ...PT...  yup weird. thats my boy.....  he called while i was grocery shopping.... so i walked around the store for 30 minutes talking to him... laughing and people were staring ... and id say  MY SON IS ON THE PHONE... HES IN BOOTCAMP... and theyd say  OH MY GOD... tell him thank you... oh how sweet... 

and i didn't even cry... getting kinda teary now, but im doin OK...  HOPING FOR CALLS FOR ALL...  I LOVE MY N4M FAMILY

Funny, but my son said the same thing about looking forward to PT because everything else was so boring. He also mentioned chow being much better than he expected other than always having ham and eggs for breakfast. He's been a bit under the weather, too. I guess when you put 80-90 people together in close quarters and shock their systems, that might happen. Still, it was great to hear from him.

Got a call & a letter!!!

cleaver6-feel your almost pain there. My phone was ringing & I pulled it out of my pocket & disconnected the call!!!! I kept saying-call me back, call me back. When he didn't I started writng him a letter with my direct line at work & was just gonna cry & he called me back :)!!!! He had called his dad.

They are definately a tough division. Lots of IT. My SR said he was happy to be on watch so he got to miss it. He has had 3 different bunk mates.

He said it was week 2 day 5. Hard to believe when he left 4 weeks ago tomorrow. I'm just happy PIR is soon!

Overall he sounded good & was happy to be there.

Just a good hump day for me!!!!!

YAY Cleaver...my son said he had french toast and waffles .oh and Crab Alfredo..he loves to eat....but he won't eat the eggs tho..something about bm's hahhahah  

they are about to start their 3rd training week... won't be boring anymore..YAY  ..

Happy you got your call and letters. :-)

Wow. I am sooooooo jealous of all of you that got calls yesterday. I did not get a call :( I wonder why?? I am glad to hear that your boys sound like they are doing well. :) Did they say why they got calls or if just some of them got to call? Probably wasn't a topic they mentioned but just curious. Congrats again Moms!

my sr had been to the dentist all day... his letter said that if they all got a 4.5 on their academic tests they would have earned a phone call,  but they didn't ..   fingers crossed for you proudmom... maybe today or tomorrow...  

OH i am still floating

hi barbydahlszz, my husband is on the same ship same div and i got a call yesterday..he said their whole div was making calls. Maybe you missed the call??? Ohh I hope you get one anyways. I know how hard is not to hear the voice of our loved ones.

I got his call around 430 eastern time..  I WAS SOOOOOOOO  Happy.. how are you holding up?

ohh soo happy for you. I got a call yesterday for like 20min but I got like 7 letters in like 3 envelopes today...so that really made my day! My SR likes to write. lol

is anyone staying at the red carpet inn for 1-13 grad,can't wait

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service