This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

This discussion group woll be for the individuals who's loved ones are in this Ship/Div.

Views: 1663

Replies to This Discussion

I received a short letter too. He said Hell week wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. He also said he cant wait to see us. Just like some of the other recruits moms posted. I am sure these last 2 weeks are very hard on both of us and them. He wrote the girlfriend that our division passed inspections with an overall 76% some division didn't even pass.   

I am so happy to hear the we got 4 out of 6 flags. Did any of the other recruits write when the final run was? My son was complaining of shin slints I am just a little worried and sounded like he was too. He has always passed, but still it is a mothers job to worry. 

THis is great news! I am so happy to hear some real positive stuff. I am proud of them for passing inspection!

I got my large priorty mail "flat rate" envelope that I sent the week before last back completely loaded to the brim with letters for storage. I looked all through the package and did not find even a "Hi Mom" or "Thanks for sending this" in the entire package. So I have no news to share!! :0) That silly guy. I tell you what, he has had tons to read!!

Maybe I will get a regular letter later this week and can hear about the good news from him too. I am so excited. Wow, if they keep this up, maybe a priviledge phone call will be on the list?? One can hope.

Congrats again everyone and thanks so much for sharing the news!

~s

Oh no, Mumz! What a terrible complication. I can't believe that this schedule is just now coming out.  I wish I had some answers for you as to what to do. I wish I knew - I wish I knew!

Take plenty of pictures for her while at graduation. Congrats to her though for having a solo and making it to the competition!

Wow-when it rains it pours! Two really wonderful events happening on the same day. I hope that your daughter's solo goes well, that is a real accomplishment to be chosen for a UIL event; I'm sure it will. I'm sure her brother will be very proud of her as well.

I haven't heard from my son but wanted to say thanks for all the sharing of info! That is awesome about passing inspection and receiving 4 flags.

Have to say I was really glad to hear the comment about "Hell Week not being as bad as they expected" - I was a bit worried about the experience. 

I am soooooo ready to speak to my son and wish they would get phone privileges. SOON!!

Hang in there moms - "we're almost there"! These final weeks are hard on everyone I think. I seem to be very weepy these days as well....glad to hear I'm not alone!

Ya'll have a great Thursday, only 1 more day and it's your week-end! Enjoy!

Traci

I am sooooooooooooo devestated right now ........... a little bit ago my phone rings 847 area code Im thinking yessssssssssss they get to call  as I have seen alot of divisions around ours able to call today ... so I answer CHING CHING (nickname) real loud and it is shanes  commanding officer my heart dropped .... shane got on and  was devestated  he got pushed back to graduate  on April 15 now  he didntpass his written book test today well  missed it by 1 question still not a pass ... they get to take it 2 times  if  fail twice pushed back .. the first time they took it he was in the SIQ ( in the dentist chair getting a filling) and they wouldnt let him out to take it  so it was an automatic fail .... sux that  it has happened  he was just sobbing as now he isnt  with all  your guys  had to  move to another ship tonight and had to  go tell the guys  he was moving I did talk to the  CO and he said this is by no means a disciplinary action   and that  he as  well is very upset  as Shane from week one  out of 83+ guys has been  the number 2 guy and he  too was upset that he was losing him  said he tried everything he could  to keep him  and that the  whole division would be  upset as they all have worked so hard .....  he said they wanted to put him in one division and he fought  that to get him in a division that  the CO wanted him in I  asked whey and he said because that CO  over there is my best friend and Ihave  told him  what a great worker and  determined kid Shane is  and  they have been togehter for 18 yrs in the NAVY so  he wants him there said he had tofight them and got his way hahah ..........Shane feels like he has dissapointed us  and by no means is that the case I told him  just told him  its one more week and he will learn  and know everything even better ... said he is so upset that he dont get to graduate with his brothers I said  me too I dont get to graduate with all my moms :(  he at least laughed  at that .... so ifyou canpray for some comfort for him  OK AND ME TOO  :)I am so sad  that I am not a division 123 mom  anymore and that I dont get to meet you all and mostly sad  for Shane and the guys..........I know it is only one extra week  and Iam super proud of him  being and staying Number 2 thiswhole time  that in itself is a HUGE accomplishment I wonder who is number 1  LOLOLOLI knowyou all are suiper busy with  your own lives  and writing your own sons but if you could send him a little card of encouragement I would and know he would so appreciate it . I am just a mess right now .... I know everything happens for a reason  and it will make him stronger and better  and wiser  it just sux .... crushed me to hear him  cryin..

On a better note I am happy you all are getting letters and  and hearing super news and  Rags your boy cracks me up  he better write you a GOOD LONG letter  after sending that  package hom e hahahaha

Hugs Michele

I'm onboard!

Oh Michele,

My heart just dropped with yours! I am in tears just reading this. I sent out a card just this evening to Shane as a congratulations on passing inspection. Oh, this is horrible. I so wanted to meet you at graduation. I will send him more notes - could you send me his new address when you get it in a private message? Please? I know that my son thinks a lot of him too.

Oh dang it - I don't get to sit next to your sexy brother now. I just got sadder. :0(

Super hugs going out to you  through cyber space. I know how hard it has to be on him to leave his brothers. They have to get so close during this time. I mean, really, look at all of us and we haven't even met yet and they are spending all day every day together. I feel horrible. Please know that I am truly saddened by this and my heart goes out to you both.

Stay strong and stay here and keep us posted.

~s

Michele,

I'm so sad for your pain, but listen up!  Everything is going to be okay. This can happen to any of them/us, This is very hard for our boys/daughters. I know he got close to his brothers,but right now the fact of the matter is that he passes. You will still be a 123 mom and now a new div. Please send me his new address in a private message and I will send him a letter. At least he is safe. When I started to read your letter my first thought was "on no hes hurt" So lets look at it like this. It could of been a different call.

I pray for you and for Shane to stay positive and strong.

Sandra

OMGGGGGGGGGG  so I got my airline changed have todo hotel change tomorrow and THEN I remebered I got a pkg in the mail today  opened it and  there were  the tons of ribbons I ordered  with div 123  and  then I thought OMGGGGGGGG the  tshirts I ordered 9 of those and 4 sweatshirts  oh Dear baby  Jesus what the heck am I going to do I hope they have made those yet ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I should just go to bed  LOL........... maybe Ill leave em  cuz  that is his "true" divison that he loves so much  and I will wear mine proudly April 8th when you all are graduating  :)  and of course I cant ask him what he wants me to do  as if they havent made  them  as of yet  theres enough time  to change  oh  good Lord ............ the whole  navy thing for us moms  ( well and them ) is such a catch 22  if you dont reserve right away  the planes go up or rooms get sold out ...  or not enough time to do shirts  etc .. just never know from day to day what could happen . but  YESSSSSSSSS I do thank the Lord that he  didnt get hurt  or anything like this ... jsut a small one question on the test setback ............ oh Lord  you gotta help me  LOLOL...... nite mama's 
Everything is going to be fine. You probably should go to sleep and not try to answer to everything right now. You have had a tremendous blow. Get some rest and think about. It will come to you. You will do the right thing when you feel it in your heart. Take a few moments to gather your thoughts and breathe! Let me know what I can do to help. You stay strong. Shane needs you to be strong and so do we. We can all make it through this.

Michele,

What a tough day for your son and your family.  I would be very happy to send him a card of encouragement.  Please share his address with me.  I will get one out today.  I would keep the shirt. He was a member of the Division for a long time and took part of the design.  He might not be ready to wear it initially but I am sure he will appreciate it in a few weeks.  You are a good mom and it must be satisfying for him to know that you are supporting him.  I am so happy he was not injured or sick.  It is a setback but he has a whole Navy life ahead of him.

Best of luck to you.  I would be feeling the same way.  I still get nervous when I see a strange telephone number show up on my phone. 

Michele! Good Morning,

Try not to want to fix everything right away take your time. Call the Tshirt place and you never know they might work with you on getting some new ones on time, but if you have a size Large blk mens tshirt or sweatshirt I can purchase from you. I'm sure the hotels around the base go thru this all the time and can work something with you. And for the ribbons I would still wear them on the day he graduates. 

Have a blessed day:)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service