This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

If you have a recruit in this division please let me know. I know that all of us who have someone graduating on 06/11 have to stick together. But it is so nice to know the family and friends of the men my husband is spending all of his time with. Also, I thought we could send letter or cards to each others recruits to add a little variety to their letters. Please let me know what you think!

I know my husband would be so thankful to know that I am getting so much support from his classmate's families. I look forward to talking to everyone on here and learing more. I can not wait until the meet and greet to be able to put a name with a face.

Good luck Navy Ship 11 Div 212!!!

Views: 888

Replies to This Discussion

Brenda,

Thank you so much for sharing your letter. I don't write very often on this site but do check it daily & it helps me so much. I haven't had a letter from my son in over 2 weeks. I'm afraid that I will be on the plane headed there when he gets a chance to call. We are leaving Thursday at noon. But it really is good to know their schedule. Just wanted to let you know how much your input & everyone else's input helps.
Judmcmi, I know how much i scan the site for as much info out there as I can get, so why not share we are all in the same boat but not all at the same time. BC on this site is like putting jigsaw pieces together. If one person gets a letter or phone call it could be on your off week and they contribute a little info and vise versa. This is a tremendous website. Who every came up with the idea should be saluted and paid very well. It has been a life saver for many BC families. Have a good night and say prayers for our guys! TTYL Bren
Woo Hoo!! This is awesome news Brenda! THANK YOU for sharing-that is a relief to know. Hey-I didn't get a call yesterday or today, so my son must have passed his final PFA-Yea!!! I can't wait for the phone call-I will be a nervous wreck on Tues/Wed! Do you think we will get calls on Wed then??? Many prayers to all of our recruits for their great success and for becoming our sailors!
Hey Michelle,
I'm glad I got a rise out of you, are you feeling better? I need to talk to you about what you are bringing to Meet N Greet! But I"m trying to get so much done today, packing, ironing and cleaning. I will for sure be on tomorrow after work, so hopefully you will check your site reply. I work right up until Wed. 3:00. We leave for GL at 11:55 out of Philadelphia on Thursday. I am going to light a candle tonight for the rest of this week. TTYL Brenda
I had mentioned us getting together after the guys go back to the base. What about a for a fire work show? There is one at the Navy Pier on Saturday night at 1030. Just a thought!!! They have live bands starting at 8 and then we could watch the fire works after.
Hi Everyone,
I got a letter also, on friday. Thank you Brenda for the schedule, it was an important piece of intelligence for all of us. I wish my Collin would write more detailed letters. He did say that they received their photo proofs and got to order the picture packages. He said they are very busy and doesn't know when he will be able to respond to any further mail. I still mailed one last letter. I've got a fresh candle for Battle Stations Tuesday and a lot of people praying for our Division's success. Well ladies I wish you all a good night. I must get some sleep, was at the ambulance barn all night doing my EMT stuff. Check in later. Good night.
Donna
Donna~ Are you a medic? That's what I do part time. Good idea to get a new candle, I'll do that too.
All ladies~ The other night on KLTY (our local christian radio station) they were taking prayer request for military, police, fireman and other heros. So I sent in a prayer request for our ship and division and my little brother's company.
2nd try--- I replied before but it is not showing up so this may be a duplicate. Yes I am currently refreshing my EMT, I volunteer with our town's ambulance, I was also a firefighter but don't have the time right now. My husband and I are both involved in the fire service. Long Island has all volunteer depts all over the island. I forgot to check the mailbox on saturday and there was a letter! Collin is sounding better and more mature with each letter and has been very inspired by one of the RCDs. I also wanted t mention that I have a full kitchen in my hotel room, Residence Inn by Marriott, and a covered BBQ area with grill and tables, also a pool. So if nothing else is going on we can have a party by me if you like. Just let me know. I will be at the meet and greet. Is there only one Ramada in town? I am not sure of the address. Talk to you later.
Donna
Ok so for the meet and greet I got red and blue table clothes, center pieces, confetti, little dangeling things that we can hang from the ballons, red,white and blue bows to tie to the back of the chairs. I also made 8 goodie bags for any young school age kids going. I have a question and it may be retarded, but I'm going to ask it anyway. So during graduation do they call out each Sailors name? Like they do in high school and college graduations? I was wondering if I should bring noise makers for when they call out our division or our guys names. What do you guys think? Oh and are you guys decorating your rooms? I am going to for when Josh comes back to the room and I think I'll get a small cake.
Donna~ It's cool you and your husband are both EMT's. It's a hard job to understand and it helps to have someone who can relate to you in that area. I know there are times that I tell Josh about things and he tries so hard to understand, but until you've been there it's hard. Yes there is only 1 Ramada in, but the address is 200 N Green Bay Rd, Waukegan, Il 60085 Phone 847-244-2400. I hope that helps. A pool party would be fun, is the weather warm enough to swim? I've never been to Chicago, but I hear it's cool. I am packing my swim suit anyway.
Is anyone planning on going to the Navy Pier? That's one of the things I REALLY want to do. Maybe even see the show they have down there and take a walk on the beach.
My children's bags are packed to stay with my parents and in law's (they are switching half way through the vacation) and I am washing all my clothes now to pack mine.
I am adding pictures of things I got for the tables, let me know if you can think of anything else we may need.
Attachments:
I just got another letter from Josh dated 06/01. He was letting me know that they guys got the cards the kids made and LOVED THEM! He said that they wrote a "thank you" letter to the school and they will give it to us at graduation. I am so glad that they liked them and I hope it helped the moral. just wanted to let you guys know. I'll see ya soon!
That is so great to hear about the letters! I am sure it was a HUGE morale booster and I think they couldn't have gotten there at a better time! Thank you so very much for thinking of that and making it happen! Can't wait!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service