This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

If you have a recruit in this division please let me know. I know that all of us who have someone graduating on 06/11 have to stick together. But it is so nice to know the family and friends of the men my husband is spending all of his time with. Also, I thought we could send letter or cards to each others recruits to add a little variety to their letters. Please let me know what you think!

I know my husband would be so thankful to know that I am getting so much support from his classmate's families. I look forward to talking to everyone on here and learing more. I can not wait until the meet and greet to be able to put a name with a face.

Good luck Navy Ship 11 Div 212!!!

Views: 881

Replies to This Discussion

Tynan's mom~ you have come to the right place! This is a place where you can cry one minute and laugh with us the next. I'm glad you could join us. If you need anything at all let us know. Have you had any contact with your son? A few of us have gotten calls or letters, but most are still waiting to hear something. Again, glad you could joins us and check in often or when ever you need to talk (about anything). Have a good night.
He left for boot camp on 4/19 and I received the 'kid in a box' 2 days later. I then received the form letter the following wednesday and nothing since. I had surgery 5/4 and will be home all day everday, so I'm pretty sure I catch him if he calls. I will let you all know. Oh and my other name is Toni, all though I enjoy the name Tynan's mom much more ;)
Toni, our son left for boot camp on 4/19 also and we are from the eastcoast also (PA), welcome aboard. I have not had any contact with my son Kyle since the form letter, just hoping today will bring some mail! Will you be attending graduation PIR. We are all trying to meet at the Ramada meet n greet to get a picture of Div. 212 Moms. Hope your surgery went well and enjoy relaxing for a while. Just got home from work and have a million things to get done, have a great day and "May the Mail Gods be with Us".
Good morning girls and welcome Toni! I hope you can join us for the meet and greet. We're getting a pretty good following here and it'll be exciting to meet everyone in Great Lakes. I'm hoping for a letter today - wouldn't you think we would be receiving something any day now? I open the mail box door slowly and almost hate to peek in for fear of being disappointed. Toni - I was telling the other girls about a book I'm reading right now - you'll have to look back to the previous posts. After every chapter my heart is just more and more full with the things our sons/daughters/husbands and wives are doing there at bootcamp. What amazing people we have in our lives. I'm more and more proud of them everyday. Well gotta go....the toddler is throwing his breakfast over the tray....guess he's done! ha ha. Have a great day everyone!
to tell you thhe truth, before i joined the group i think i read all the groups and forums and every comment and i have already looked into amazon for the book, i found it for about $20. thank you for all the warm welcomes! i purchased my tickets right before learning of the m&g and we don't fly in until 8 at Chicago Midway so won't even be close to making it by 9, bummer. sorry for no caps, i can only type 1 handed, and its better than all caps.
Ladies~ I thought it would be cool if we all posted what made our recruit want to join the Navy. Why the Navy of all brances? And how you felt when they told you.
I'll start... Josh lost his job at the Post Office due to cutting his position. Almost 50 people lost their job that day. We had talked about it before, but we wanted to try for more babies first. I know it sounds funny, he lost his job and we want more babies.So he started working for my dad (every man's worst fear) and it was a decent job for the time, but nothing life long. I am a stay at home mom most of the time, but I do work part time as an EMT and I was in nursing school. However, do to money issues I wasn't able to go back. So we thought it would be good for Josh to go. So again we thought about the military and how they help with school. We finally went and talked to all the brances and the Navy just seemed to offer the most family oriented position. They were all very caring about what we were going through with 2 kids and a new baby and what we needed in our life. Josh decided that if he was going to be defending our country he wanted it to be with people not only that he respected, but people who respected him as well. My husband is very quiet and shy, but he will do whatever he has to to take care of his family and friends. And this was it! This was a way for him to take care of us (money wise) and a way to take care of his friends (serving his country). Quiet and shy are not how I see my husband anylonger. Standing up for what he believes in and Brave are what I think about when people ask about him now. I love my husband and I could not be more proud to be his wife. I thought I loved him the day I married him and the day we had our kids, but being away from him and the reasons why I'm away from him make me realize how much I love him.

I can't wait to hear your stories!!! Sorry I wrote so much, I didn't realize it until I was finished.
ok,here goes and i'll try to be short. i had my son 2 weeks before graduating high school, me and his dad were high school sweethearts but after 4 years had diff goals and agreed we'd be better friends and parents if we weren't 'together'. we're from a small town in ny, his dad moved to fl soon after so i was mom and dad for pretty much all his life. it was always just the 2 of us and we were and are very close. he seen me struggle to give him the best life possible,he actually helped me thru college when he was 8. i always told him there's a lot out there beyond our town, be smart, don't settle, go and do everything i couldn't, but know whatever decision you make, i'm behind you! all through school he always talked about going into the service,so it wasn't a surprise when he told me, just surprised the navy. but i didn't know he did a lot of research on all the branches before deciding. it also didn't surprise me that he wanted aviation,he's been flying, by himself, to see his dad since he was 7. i was so very proud of all the work he had done to get the right info. he told me one of the reasons he picked this instead of college is because no one would be 'riding' him in college. he is a good kid, well man now, he never got into (too much) trouble and made (mostly) good decisions, not perfect but as close as it gets i think!! i never really dated while he was growing up but found a very special man when ty was about 16 or 17 (he's 19 now, his bday is the day before grad),he is now my husband, ty walked me down the aisle in sept. ty told my cousin a week before he left that it made going into the navy easier knowing someone would be taking care of his mom, funny role reversal there and always brings me to tears saying it. i am just so proud of him and his decision, he is signed up for six years(air crewman) but i see him making a life of it. he's very determined and even though hes a great kid he said he wants them to 'break' him, so he's expecting it!

ok so not so short...
Super sweet, it brought tears to my eyes!
Toni, I just want to say sounds like you did everything RIGHT! I can't imagine raising my two sons without my husband, because we all know teenage years can be difficult and you hope you raise them to know right from wrong but sometime they just aren't angel. (Ha-Ha) I also married my neighborhood across the street, childhood friend, highschool sweetheart and never looked back. May 28th it will be 27 years. My sister is married to his brother (Navy Man) so we are one close knit family. Kyle got a lot of info and pictures of his Uncles stay at the Great Lakes and I think that kind of gave him a glimps of what to expect. Sorry I am rambling but I am actually waiting for that mailman!!! Talk to you girls later.
Thank you, i want to hope i did everything right. i wasn't a perfect parent, but tried my best. knowing that he tells me everything good and bad, tells me i did ok, he trusts me, and that is what is needed most in any relationship. that is so awesome that you are still married to your high school sweetheart. it sounds like Kyle had a lot of info without even looking far, so great!
Here is my story...Kyle played football in high school as a 6' 265lb. lineman being elected captain and earning all-state honors his senior year. He did not want to play anymore and said college was not for him. Upon graduation he landed a job as a learning electrician in a non union shop. After some hard work and stopping eating like he was playing football he dropped to 195lb. This was when he first told us he was thinking of joining the navy and his first thought was special ops. He has always been mature and mentaly tough beyond his years...he started in the
PA AAAA final game as a Soph. and treated it like just another game. His older brother could not believe he went to shovel snow at a parents of our friends the morning of the game. After his first trip to MEPS they saw he had some moles removed and contacted the Doc that removed them and the Navy docs got wrong everything he said. We got a letter stating he was medically ineligible. After a trip back to the Doc and a letter written, his appeal was approved...this took almost a year. In the meantime Kyle was working on and off as the economy took a crap but liked the work he was doing. He was fortunate to have full health care and his boss made sure he was covered till he left. After working in the field he thought this was something he would like to pursue. He will be going to A school to train in Aviation electronics/electrical and said before he left he wants to concentrate on electronics "because anyone can run wires". My husband and I have supported him all the way on this because of the kind of person he is and we couldn't be more proud of him! Kyle has some friends from the "hood" that are serving...navy...army..etc and has seen a change for the better in all of them. We are not sure if this is where he will stop but we know this is a good start for him. I always tell him he can do what ever he sets his mind to...I know he will!

PS. A letter or a call would be nice too:)
Toni - great job on raising Tynan - he sounds like a great guy! Congratulations on the marriage too! I admire women that will raise their children and put their needs before their own. Brenda - look at you with all those guys - aren't boys the best? Don't you miss the football games? It sounds like you have a pretty motivated guy there - he's bound to be a success at this.

I married my high school sweet heart right after we graduated from high school. We waited a couple years and then had Kelly and Scott. Kelly is the one in the navy. All through high school all he wanted to do was play baseball, go to college and be a game warden. He loves to play ball and hunt. We got him in front of a college baseball coach for a tryout and he was invited to come play for them that fall. So, we got him graduated, enrolled in college and moved into the dorm and exactly 9 days later he called me and said this was a mistake, he didn't want to be here, he had decided not to try out for the team and wants to join the navy. He said he wanted to join when we were talking about college but was too afraid we'd be upset with him. Ha ha...no upseting is moving your son hundreds of miles from home and then having him change his mind!! Ah...memories....anyway. He moved back home, went into the DEP program and now he's doing what I'm hoping he truly wanted to do. I don't know that he put as much thought into joining as some of the other guys did but I know in my heart of hearts that this is the best thing that could have ever happened to him. He needed to get away and start the process of growing up and begin learning the things that his dad and I weren't able to teach him. As spring rolls in I miss the baseball something crazy but at the end of the day I'm very proud and pleased with his decision.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service