This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

If you have a recruit in this division please let me know. I know that all of us who have someone graduating on 06/11 have to stick together. But it is so nice to know the family and friends of the men my husband is spending all of his time with. Also, I thought we could send letter or cards to each others recruits to add a little variety to their letters. Please let me know what you think!

I know my husband would be so thankful to know that I am getting so much support from his classmate's families. I look forward to talking to everyone on here and learing more. I can not wait until the meet and greet to be able to put a name with a face.

Good luck Navy Ship 11 Div 212!!!

Views: 880

Replies to This Discussion

Destinye, Congrats and the Best of Luck to you and Josh!!! After all you have been through the faucets must be flowing. Now you can get started on the second phase of Navy life (A School - all together different than BC, less stress). I hope you can get to graduation , there is nothing like the feeling when you finally spot your sailor in the Sea of White Uniforms. We had to use the zoom on the camera to find ours, and once you do find him you won't take your eyes off of him!! I won't spoil any off it for you, but I'm sure you'll shed a few tears there. Again..... HOOOOOOOORaaaaaaaaah!!!!
Navywife5, Thank you so much! That was great, I even got to see my son in the video. I still get chills seeing them in thier dress uniforms. My son was in div. 212 also and I have been wearing the t-shirt since we came home from graduation in GL. I talk to Kyle pretty much on the phone (now that he has it) but I can actually see that he really is in Fla. Thank you again for sharing that with all of us. Bren
You're welcome! I am so glad you spotted your son!! What job does Kyle have here in Pensacola? Is he still waiting on his A-School to start too?
NW5, Kyle is going to A-school for AT and he has not classed up yet. I told him about the video and he said I know her husband he was our laundry guy. I don't know how long it will be till they class up which is nerve racking but you have to remember there is alot going on at the base. Military coming in, some shipping out and they have to wait for teachers and creating groups for specific classes. I grew up in the Navy, my father was a 20 year man, and it was always hurry up and wait! Patience is a virtue in the Military life. Once you husband goes through all the phases he will be able to come home for the whole weekend, that is something to look forward to. You never know what to believe from anyone, we were told that if they go through fire fighting they are close to getting classed up. So I guess we will have to sit tight and wait. Good Luck to you and how Lucky to be right there in Pensacola. Kyle already has me looking for reasonable airfare and hotels so his girl can come down to visit! Again thanks for the video and TTYL, Bren
Wow, I can't believe they know each other! Small world haha -- well, kinda since this group is their division I guess ha. Yeah, Josh was the laundry PO, he said he loved it because they all left him alone there and it was better than cleaning the heads. Josh is actually doing the firefighting tomorrow at 3:30AM so, maybe that means he is close to classing up like you said..I will pass the info along to him too. If you need anything since I am right here in town let me know..Thanks again!
Is anybody's husband/son/fiancee/boyfriend/whatever in Pensacola? If so, what job are they doing? My husband is an AO and is having to live on base even though we have a home here in Pensacola...Does anybody know how long it is taking to "class-up" for AO A-School? We have heard all the way from 3 weeks to 3 months!! Any advice, whatever will be appreciated :)
Ladies~ He did it!!!!! Josh is a United States Sailor and I'm his very proud wife. Go Navy!
He will not have any liberty this weekend due to the rush to get to school. We were able to talk online and by phone today for almost 2 hours. I am so happy for him and proud of him for not giving up. How are all of your guys doing? I can't wait for updates!!!!
Destinye, How wonderful for you and such a relief! Are you going to go to graduation or just wait till graduation from A-school? It is great once he gets settled at A school he will be able to call you all the time. No more wondering what day the mail will come or am I going to get a phone call this week? Again Congratulations and Welcome to The U.S. Navy!!!!! HOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fantastic!!!! Oh, what a feeling!!! Are you going to get to go to the graduation?
You tell him congratulations from our family. I'll pass word on to Kelly - he'll be very pleased to hear that as we all are. Congratulations to you too for taking care of the family while Josh was going through all this. That was a big job on your shoulders and you're to be commended for that. Brenda is right in that once Josh gets settled into his school you'll be able to talk so much more. Kelly an I both agree that it's like a weight has been lifted. Keep us posted!
He's not attending graduation due to the rush, but I will be able to see him at school in 2 weeks. So both of our families are going down the first weekend to throw him a congradulation party. I am going to have his phone and laptop sent down first thing next week. Being able to talk to him last night was a weight lifted already for both of us. I slept better than I had over the last 11 weeks.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service