This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I just thought I'd get an offical discussion for our 11/128 group going. Please make sure to share what's going on!

Views: 619

Replies to This Discussion

Hey all. Even though we've ascertained that several of us have children on the same ship, we don't have an actual disussion in the PIR group.

For any new members who may join us, hello! I'm Riptide and I have a 21 yr old son who flew from SeaTac airport (WA state) on Feb 9th. This has been a horribly tough experience, but so far we received his box (2/15) and his form letter (2/19), with a note that said, "I'm doing really well....miss you, love you, etc" but not much more. LOL  The "doing really well" was obviously a huge relief! LOL

Hi! My boyfriend is Ship 11 and Div 128 as well! He is a Corpsman, 22 and from CO. I definitely understand your feelings! It has been really rough for me, as well as his mom who I am going to forward this discussion to! I got the box a day before you did (14th) and his form letter on the 19th too! His said similar things about "miss you, love you" and he said he has been writing letters daily, but they didn't send them yet. So I am guessing it might be a week or so before we start getting their letters.

Thanks for creating this!

Denver,

You're so very welcome. I'm glad to meet you and glad that you're sending on the site to your b/ts mom. N4Ms is an absolute God send! There are so many helpful people who know what you're going through and are right here with you. Congratulations to you on your b/fs decision to join the Navy. It's a very wonderful and responsible thing to do. It's as tough as can  be, having to send them away and live without them for a while, but one of the things that gets me through it is thinking of it as "unselfishly" as I can.

We only have to miss one person while they're away...to worry about one, while they're gone. Even though that's a whole lot of missing, it's not nearly as tough as what they're going through. They've left everything and everyone familiar back home. I am so very glad you joined the board and joined the group.It really helps, doesn't it.....knowing that you now know someone else who has someone in the same ship and division as your boyfriend?  I hope your b/fs mom comes on board with us.It will make things so much easier. You both will find so much information on here so that you're able to walk through everything he's going through and have a better idea of what to do as his training progresses. Please keep writing him and letting him know just how proud you are of him. That helps so much!

Absolutely! It definitely helps a lot knowing other people who are in the same position.  This is such a great experience for him and the benefits of it are incredible.  I'm happy to know that we will all be able to share their experiences on here! I've definitely been writing every day and will finally be able to send them out tomorrow. I'm glad I can be that support for him in this transition time. I can't imagine what they are going through being away from everything familiar, but I know they will all come out of it for the better.  I hope your son is doing well and you hear from him very soon!

My son's note on the bottom of his form letter said that he is doing "really well", so up until that moment anyway, it sounds good. LOL  Of course, we're really looking forward to that first "real" letter. LOL  Hopefully he will have more details. You are so right about the benefits of your boyfriend joining the Navy and I'm so proud of YOU that you can see those benefits!  Isn't it wonderful, that with today's job situation,s that there is that surefire way of starting a "career"?  It's got to be so very good for these people entering the military...to finally have some sort of stability and security. Up until entering BC, everything was so up in the air and uncertain for them. I know that my son needed this. Even going to college, doesn't ensure any sort of security anymore. What good is a degree if there are no job positions for you, once you graduate! ((((((Denver)))))))  Hang in there. Also, yes, I am soooo looking forward to getting my next letter mailed today. It's been sitting here waiting for the mail to run again. LOL

Good I'm glad he seems to be doing well from the form letter! My boyfriend said he had been writing every single night, so at least it sounds like they get time! 

I thankfully have already gotten my degree and have a great job that is fairly movable, so that is making this process a little easier.  I'm just trying to take it day by day because looking into the future is so uncertain!

What job is your son going in for? And where is his A school going to be, if you know yet?

Good morning Denver!  Honestly, my son is not a big writer, so I don't expect that we'll hear too much...just the essential details.LOL   How wonderful that you already have a degree and won't have trouble relocating. Oh hon, I hear you, about the future being so uncertain. You know though, at my age (almost 50), I have come to believe that the only thing certain in life, is that the future is always uncertain! LOL   Expect the unexpected, as it makes for far less internal chaos. hehe....

My son is going in as a Hull Technician. He will be attending A school there in GL. It also appears as if his C school will be there as well. In other words,he's not going anywhere for a while!  Have a great day my dear!

Hi All, I am very worried my son is in the same ship and division Ship 11 Div 128. I have not heard a word since the first night he got there. No clothes or form letter. I am just really worried about my son. I have a P.O.Box does that make a difference? Please help me I feel like my son has just vanished. I called his recruiter he said no news is good news, but what does that mean. Have any other Moms not received their son's clothes and letter? His recruiter also said his PIR might be changed and it may not be 04/08/11. I feel so helpless, I cry all the time. I don't know what to think.  

I can't imagine what you must be going through. Did your recruiter tell you his ship and div? My boyfriend is ship 11 div 128 and I received his box of clothes on Feb 14th and his form letter on the 19th. The PO box isn't their address. This seems pretty consistent with everyone else. I know that a lot of recruits have been getting sick, something is going around and that could definitely change their PIR date if they can't pass a test. I was told that if their grad date changes or if they fail a test they call you to let you know.  Is there anyone else that your son might have sent the box and letter to? You can always call the red cross emergency # on the navy bootcamp website if worse comes to worse, but I don't know what info they can give.

I'm so sorry you're being kept in the dark, I know mail can take up to ten days depending upon where you are. I wish there was something I could do for you. I will tell you that if he is in that ship and div, the other recruits I have heard about seem to be doing well.  What day did your son leave? Our recruits all left around the 9th of Feb

My son left Feb. 9th as well. My son may have sent the box and first letter to his girlfriend in Northern Ca. and she hasn't called me to let me know if she received anything. I will have to call and ask her. I miss my son so much but, I am so proud of him. I spoke to his recruiter today and on there website he is in the April 8th graduation. So at this point all I can do is wait to hear from him. It's agonizing. Thank you for your support.
OH I'm so sorry natalena!  How awful this must feel, coming on here, seeing how we've heard from our SRs and you not hearing anything!  Oh hon, you need to call the girlfriend. She has to have heard something. I don't think they're allowed more than one "I'm here" phone call, so that probably came into his girlfriend. It's entirely possible that that's where his box is, too. Remember though, although we've all received our kids-in-a-box, they do say it can take up to 3 weeks. Again, please call the girlfiend. You really need to have a good relationship with her, especially if she's the one he's communicating with, as you WILL have to go through her for your information. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, you know. You can rejoice and grieve and lean on each other if you're communicating.

Just posted this on PIR 4/8/2011 thought it might be helpful here too:

My son is ship 11/div 128, PIR 4/8.  This may be helpful to some as far as airfare - I booked on SW on Sat after receiving the form letter.  From Seattle it was $390, checked today and the same flight was $350.  Was able to go on and "change the flight" to the same one and now have a $40 credit for future travel.  This definitely makes SW worth the "cattle call".  My older son graduated 2 1/2 years ago grad-n-go, had a couple of hours after PIR and a couple at the airport, then his new wife and I had to kill the whole weekend in Chicago (was very depressing for her).  Changing the reservation was way too expensive.  Hope this helps.  Also Navy Lodge was a great place to stay.  We did drive to PIR, but left the hotel at 6:30 and didn't have to long a wait in line, plus being grad-n-go we were able to stay with him until the last minute then head straight to O'Hare.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service