This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I just thought I'd get an offical discussion for our 11/128 group going. Please make sure to share what's going on!

Views: 643

Replies to This Discussion

No calls or letters yet here either! I was kind of expecting them today. My SR said they send out every Monday and I have been receiving them on Thursdays, but maybe tomorrow! I hope they are all doing well and yes...no news is good news! Only 21 days left ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay gals, I got a letter today.....WOO HOO!   He wrote over many days, and it sounds like he's doing okay. It does sound like they're still having some trouble working together as a team though, in many aspects.  They got their uniforms fitted and have them all now and it sounds like he's done well on his tests. Unfortunately, it does sound like there are a few pretty uncouth guys in our SRs division....you know, peeing on floors and toilets, blowing snot on walls, constantly having to be screamed at to shut up. Yeah.....that was the last part of the letter, so bummer huh?  He can't believe that grown men can behave like some of the guys in their division are behaving. That's really sad, huh?  He's just praying with all of his heart that he doesn't end up having to do A school with some of "those" guys, because he's so disgusted with their behavior. It makes me wonder how some of these guys were raised. :-(  I hope you ladies get letters today! (((((HUGS)))))

I got a letter too!  He sounds good and said the same thing about the individuals that act like idiots.  kinda sad when you think about it.  I bet those will get straightened out one way or another LOL!

Maybe we'll get a call...only 20 days!  It was 25 days in his letter and he can't wait!

Have a great weekend ladies =)

I got a letter today too!!!  Mine are never nearly as newsy as yours, I'm glad I get the info from everyone else.  He did say they leave at 0200 Sat morning (going to Charlston, SC for nuke school), so I guess it's just Friday for us and then a very late night at the airport so I can get his things to him.  I'm wondering if the flight leaves at 2am or if that's when they leave the base.  That will definitely be a fun night.  But I think this has solved our issue of weather or not to buy a ticket for my husband - $525 is an awful lot of money for one day with him (at least mine was significantly less).  I'm probably going to change my ticket and leave on Saturday, it should only cost an addition $40 and I'll save way more than that in hotel and rental car fees.  Dinner's ready gotta go!  Have a great evening!

Letters!! I got about 4 today, some were pretty long! I heard the same about uniforms, they got their dress blues, whites, and working uniforms (the tan ones). My SR did really well on their first test, missed one question! He's still having a hard time adjusting to the guys as well, he's almost 23 so the immature attitudes are rough...and to top it off he is in a leadership role so he gets punished when guys goof off. But his life experience has helped a lot...he said a lot of guys have been asking him to help them sew! haha I guess they needed to for some reason (probably buttons or something simple...that's all he knows!) He said they get their next PHONE CALL scheduled for April 3rd so stay by your phones ladies =) He also said that "next week" which I think is this week that is over now....is "hell week" so hopefully they can all make it through and smooth sailing from there! 

My SR is a corpsman and said he will probably be land-based the whole time! Super excited about that! And he is staying in GL for A school so we will get the weekend with him. Also, 14 days of leave after A school!!!!!! Hopefully he will be home this summer for a bit! Glad to hear you all got letters as well! 20 days!

Ugg- sorry to hear about the guys in the division giving people such a hard time!  Unbelievable.  I am surprised they haven't been run out.  My son said a couple of guys were gone after just a day - the chief didn't want them in "His Navy".  

Denver - my son is 24 and has a really hard time with the young and immature guys, too.  He is also in a leadership role and has had to get punished when the guys messed around.  I know exactly what you are talking about.  He said a lot of the guys are calling him dad or big brother - and following him around.  Sort of gets on his nerves but he is dealing with it.  I haven't heard of any behavior issues like you guys have to deal with in our division but I am sure they are there.  My son will just stick them on the line and wait for the Chief to punish them.  

I was stalking your group - it helps me to know what they guys are doing - my son doesn't write much!

Stalk away mumziepooh!  Heck, there are so few of us 128 moms here, we need all the extra visitors we can get! LOL   

I know that my son is beyond frustrated with some of the immature, disrespectful guys he's having to deal with. He's got a younger brother who's nearly 15, and when your 15 year old brother is far more mature and respectful than some of the "adult" guys you're having to live with, that's saying something!  My hubby is an ex-army man...who said, "Yeah, I was never a part of one, but guys like that?....that's who blanket parties were held for!"  

It's probably going to tick my son off.....but hey, that'a a parent's payback right?...In my letter today I'm going to say, "Hey hon....remember how you boys rolled your eyes at me when I'd go into the bathroom and find "drips" on the floor in front of the toilet and get snappy?...or complain when y'all shaved and left hair all over? or had "loose stools" that spattered and you left it for mom to clean up?.....Yeah, so believe me, I get how "messy and nasty" guys can be.....three sons, one hubby....uh huh?...guess you get it now, huh?"  LOL    I know....I'm a stinker.....but hey, why miss the opportunity for a lesson? ROTFLOL

oh riptide ain't that the truth!  hubby, 2 boys and me...I had the fun job of wiping down toilets every day! or I'd have to live with stinky bathrooms...thanks guy who invented lysol wipes! 

Stinkybutt boys is what I call 'em....

19 DAYS ladies can you believe it! 

LOL.....stinky butt boys, indeed!   It's funny though, isn't it, how they don't understand how disgusting that stuff can be, until they have the opportunity to clean it up?  I can hear him now, "Yeah, well it's different when it's someone else's!"  Uh, yeah....well us mothers are generally cleaning up OTHER people's stuff!  The fact that it's "someone else's" is what's causing the PROBLEM. If it was OURS, it wouldn't be nearly as nasty now, would it?  LOL

I hear you, there - hubby and 2 boys for me too!!  They had their own bathroom and when they were old enough it was their responsibility to clean it.  When girlfriends came over I always told them not to use the "boys" bathroom to come upstairs and use ours.  I would clean when company was coming, otherwise it was up to them!!!

It's funny how most of our boys seem to be the older ones, mine is 22.  He pretty much goes with the flow, but is probably seething inside!  He has a terrible temper, but is able to keep it in check it situations like this.

Oh how I love the sound of "19 days", we're in the teens now, can you believe it!!!!  Strange how looking back now it seems that the time went by pretty fast but a few weeks ago it was dragging!!

Getting ready for hubby to come home tomorrow night, he's been on the Tiger Cruise with my oldest son on the Abe Lincoln for the last week.  Should be pulling in to San Diego in the next couple hours!

Hey Riptide - can you believe we have sunshine today!  And I thought I was going to need a boat instead of a car yesterday!!  Gotta love WA!!!!

Glad to hear my boyfriend is not alone in that feeling =) Feel free to join our discussion anytime!

Just got a phone call.....as I'm sure did the rest of you!  He sounds good, but has the nasty respiratory crud "again". Ahhhhh what a wonderful weekend that phone call made. Apparently they passed their "zone". It makes my heart feel so happy to hear how much respect he has for his RDCs. He's got another peanut butter shot to look foreward to, right before firefighting. LOL  Mommy's really, really happy today!!  Uh..for the phone call, not for the PBS!  :-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service