This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Any one else find out yet that their son/daughter to PIR from Ship 11/Div 118 ? The letters shoud be arriving any day now. I got mine yesterday! There is also a great link for photos etc. http://www.navyformoms.com/group/pir40111/forum/topics/keelphotodvd...

Views: 560

Replies to This Discussion

I vote "Chrissy099" as our fearless leader as she was the lucky girl to start this discussion!  If all agree....Chrissy picks our group color :-)
I will gladly wear whatever color you guys decide.  Today there are so many shade of green from lime to kelly that I think we will need to reference the shade of the color from maybe a picture of something on the net so that we will all be on the same page. 
Hello Ladies.  I second this.  Chrissy099 has my vote.  We sure seem to have a small following on here.  Are there 5 of us? Has everyone made all their plans to attend the PIR

Hey Kym,  yeah...we are a small group.  I keep getting confused with all the ladies when I look at the different groups that I am in. Looks like we have 6 in our group. 

Joanne - CA * CamyandRodsMom - GA * Chrissy - CT * Kym - IN * HooyahProud - TX * and me Michelle (Mushell) - TX  

I booked with Southwest Air to fly into Midway Thurs eve 3/31 and will leave Mon morn 4/4.  also booked a room at the Residence Inn.  seemed everyone was raving about their shuttle service to the grad as well as a few other good things.  My husband is currently working in Australia and I'm not sure he'll be back in time for grad, I booked 2 airline tickets....so last minute change...my older college son will attend grad with me.  We are getting in kind of late at 5:30pm thurs, so we wont make meet and greet at the Ramada.  seems like a lot of the groups meet there the night before.  But hopefully some of our boys will be buds in this group and maybe some will be staying at Residence Inn. 

Also, I know Bubbas Mom is in our group, she hasnt been on in a while.  She had started the discussion ship 11 div 118 over on the PIR4/01 page.  She'll find us soon though :-)  then we'll be 7 people!!!  I did send her a note last week letting her know were here  take care, Michelle

Hello,  We are from north  east corner of Indiana and  driving over after Dad gets off work.  We looked at the Residence Inn and was pricey for us.  Our SR has 6 siblings and a grandma and a grandpap and girlfriend coming. He is the oldest and very loved and missed!   We found rooms for less at LaQuinta INN.  A little farther away (about 8-10 miles I can't remember) but for the price it will be worth it.  We have friends in Chicago and they said should be a nice stay.  Free hot breakfast,  pool ( very important with 6 kids) hot tub (very important for  Dad)  :).  We will try it this time and see how it goes...

Very excited about meeting you ladies.  Glad to know there  are 6 of us.

Take care and talk to you soon, Kym 

Hello Ladies!!

Sorry I have not responded before now, but I am out of town in Michigan! I actually drove by the base where our boys are now, it is quite bigger than I imagined it would be.

We are flying in 3/31 to Milwaukee from DFW it was cheaper and only an hour from base, we are renting a car, we have two younger siblings going with us. My parents are driving up. We booked rooms at the Navy Lodge, it is right on the base, clean rooms and it was $65 + tax per night. They will shuttle us to the graduation and back. We are flying out 4/3.

As far as color for ribbons, just let me know, Kelly green works for me, that was my sons high school colors!!

Since I am out of town I don't know if we have a letter yet from him. We saw lots of sailors that just graduated Friday today at the mall by the base, they said as long as the boys do what they are told, life is easy!! If one recruit messes up, the whole division pays the price...so keep our fingers crossed!!

Keep in touch!! Kristie

Hi Everyone! I am sorry i have not been on in a while. But apparently i have been voted to pick a color for PIR. What a nice surprise. (Thanks Muchell) green sounds good, as long as it is not too bright and clash with my red hair. LOL I know it's crazy but i found this link on wiki : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Shades_of_green let me now if it works, its a link to all shades of green. I vote for for Hunter green, i think it may be easier to find clothes, ribbons etc in that color. Or we could to the obvious and do "Navy" blue. just a thought.

Also for Kym check out the Navy Lodge www.navy-lodge.com their prices are very reasonable. $65 per night. They also have rooms with kitchettes, so if you want to cook in your room for some meals you can do that too. It is close to the base too. That is why i chose it too besides hearing good things about it. 

Has anyone gotten a "real" letter yet?? I'm going crazy wondering how he is doing. I'm sure he is fine, i just  want to hear it from him.

I promise not to be away for so long again. Talk to everyone soon.

Hunter green is my vote!
Hi Bubbasmom, Great one vote for hunter green! I'll keep track and see where we end up. :)
Chrissy, I am good with hunter green...No real letter yet still hanging on to those 4 little lines at the bottom of the form letter..lol  Thank you for doing this for us!

Yeah......hunter green doesnt really work for me.  It might clash with my eyes or something....  Just Kidding!! 

Alright everybody, our fearless leader Chrissy099 has spoken.  Hunter Green is our "Official Color"!  Love it!

So, I havent been on here in a while, basically because I dont have much to say......because I havent gotten a letter or anything yet!!!  Still clinging to those four little sentences at the bottom of the form letter....sigh

So my 11/118 comrades, you all take care and be strong and I look forward to all of us receiving our first letter's

ok, Hunter Green it is! And your too funny Mushell!! Well i hope today is the day for all of us for a letter. Lets keep each other posted. If one gets one, there is hope for the rest of us!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service