This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Any one else find out yet that their son/daughter to PIR from Ship 11/Div 118 ? The letters shoud be arriving any day now. I got mine yesterday! There is also a great link for photos etc. http://www.navyformoms.com/group/pir40111/forum/topics/keelphotodvd...

Views: 560

Replies to This Discussion

Chrissy I can't agree w you more. I sure didn't want to discount those "college parents" feelings But it sure

IS NOT the same when you can't talk to your kid and are trying to figure out their emotion from a letter! Once

a week no less! And not even that for the first few weeks...I am so glad we all had each other to" figure out

the pieces" !  HEY GIRLS++++ MORE DAYS!  HOOYAH!

I wanted to say Thank You to all of you as well.....This has been such an emotional event, and I truly don't know what my experience would of been like had I not had this site and all of you to bounce my emotions off!  Just logging into this site and seeing one of us had made a new post or that someone sent us a message....I guess it's sort of like the high our guys get when someone at boot hollers out there last name "Youve got Mail" !  haha  So, here we are down to 6 1/2 days....and I am excited beyond words, not to mention my husband looks like he will be home from Australia this weekend (?) to make the grad with us. 

Just to re-cap....We are staying at the Residence Inn but are getting in late Thurs so we will not make the Meet n Greet at Ramada.  My family is wide open on our schedule either for any of the 3 days Fri-Sat-Sun.  to hopefully get together with all of us and our guys for a meal or anything.

Safe trip to all of you, see you soon, Michelle (aka:Mushell)

Can't wait to meet ya and see the SAILORS! :-D   Can't get the smile off my face!

Look what ya started here Jodi.....we're all getting so sappy and emotional as we head into the home stretch!  I Love you Man!!  hahaha

Here's a funny story....I am heading out the door in a few minutes to a going away BBQ party for one of my sons friends who is leaving for Army bootcamp on April 5th.  He is the one who convinced my son to go Navy because he was, then he was not able to get in the Navy due to a very small medical issue, but obviously my kid got in.  Then one day my son said to him...lets go to the Army recruiter, they'll take you.  So they went there together and he joined the Army.  He waited a week to tell his Mom because he knew she would flip out.....and she did....Now I got invited to his going away party. 

So....with all that said....If I am not at graduation...ya'all might come looking for me buried in the backyard at the BBQ!!!  hahaha  couldnt resist that ending!!   sigh..............

Actually, both of his parents seem very proud of him now that some time has passed and the "YOU DID WHAT!!!" has worn off

I hope everyone got to talk to their son tonight!!! I finally go to talk to mine and he sounded great!!! He was ready for the captain's cup tomorrow, its competition which he is always ready for!! I can't wait and now looking back at how much I was freaking out the first two weeks, I laugh!!! I know moms go through this every week just like us and now we are the 'expert moms'!!!!

1 week and sooo ready!!!

K

I got a  call last night from SR.  My husband and I were working at a Monster truck show and it was loud and busy.  We were working in the concession stand so my hands were gooey.  My phone was ringing and I didn't hear it at first  then I almost didn't get the phone out of my pocket.  I got it out and looked at the number and took off running to get to a place I could hear him.  He sounded great.  After my letter Wed. I was a lot concerned for him.  But last night he sounder totally pumped and ready for this to be over.  He won a race again and got a call.  He said 5 guys did.  If the 5 guys gave up their call everyone would get to call home.  They gave them up.  Everyone got to call home.  He got 2 calls and a candy bar,  He said he had never tasted such a good butterfinger.   Funny.  

He mentioned that one SR got a picture of the scarf this mom is wearing.  They all thought that wat pretty neat.

I couldn't agree more with you ladies...It has been so fun and comforting to be able to get on here and talk with you.  Thank you.  I can't wait to meet you!   Have a great day!

I got a call my SR as well yesterday.  I'm just like Kym....I was concerned after Wednesdays letter but all that flew out the window when he called home.  He said he won a sharpshooter ribbon and was really excited about that, all those hunting trips paid off apparently.  He told me about the mass of uniforms he has and that the pee coat was prob going to be hundreds of dollars...I dont get why they have to pay for all these uniforms.  I guess because so many drop out along the way.  Maybe a reimburse after so many years of service would be good, lets face it these young people dont make very much. It was an amazing conversation...he went on and on like crazy.  I had posted that I got the call yesterday, but had posted it on the PIR wall.  I am sooooooooper excited as we all are, cant wait to meet you all and your guys!!!  Michelle (Mushell)

ps: i made it home (alive) from the BBQ last night so thats a good thing.  It was a little crazy, because I got my call on way to BBQ and pulled off on side of road. So, when I got there I was going on and on like a mad woman all excited!  And nobody really got me, one lady actually said...wow that must be hard only being able to Skype and email with your kid for 2 months....after looking at her crosseyed.....I realized how much I love and appreciate all my Navy for Mom friends!!!!!  We Get It!!!

Woo Hoo     5 MORE DAYS!

It has been an emotional experience and I am so grateful that I did not have to go through it alone. Thank you for all of your support, through prayers, tears, cheers of joy, much needed laughter and most importantly the friendships that have been made!  Ladies you rock!  HOOYAH!

Michelle...Glad to hear you made it home (alive)...though right now I want to throttle you...skype and email !!! You holding out on us girl???? hehehehe

Joanne....I seriously am laughing so hard right now!!!!!!!!!!  Love it .. I'm sorry, but apparantly some of us girls are afforded more luxuries in life, like bootcamp Skype....It's all the rage you know.
I'm glad all of you got to talk to your SR... Its nice to know they are all well and doing great...

Bren....where ya been girl!!!  leaving us all hanging with so few comments from you!  Looking forward to hopefully seeing everybody.  I'm not sure how with this grad n go thing...we might be sitting with each other at O hare airport at 6am Sat !

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service