This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Recently received some really upbeat letters!  Maybe a phone call soon, I hope!

Views: 1952

Replies to This Discussion

I spoke with my husband too.  He said that their mail person has been sick so he hasn't been getting any of my letters.  Hoping he gets them soon.  Don't they know that's what keeps them semi-sane?  I made my travel plans and I'm booked at the Ramada.  Is everyone going to the Meet-and-Greet on Thursday the 26th?

We are going to try and go to the meet and greet.  I will have my 75 year old father with me so it just depends on how he's handling all the airport stuff and all the walking.  I'm still waiting on a call from my SR...he's been there 1 month and two days....only letters, no call.  When did your husband call? 

He called on Thursday, last week.  He had his teeth pulled that day and skipped out on taking any pain meds to talk to me!  He said that his whole division is doing really good, passed everything with flying colors, and that's why they were alotted the phone call.  I'm sure you'll get a call soon!!!  Keep writing, twice a day if you have to! 

Thank you for the information.  Every little bits helps.  I bet mine opted for the pain meds - lol  and went to sleep or dialed the wrong number  :-)    I'm so glad the division is doing good - my son says the same thing in his letters.  I hope to have a letter today. 

I'm hoping for a letter today too!  I asked a few other folks and they said you'll usually get letters on Thursday or Friday, sometimes Wednesday if you're lucky.  I thought that was good to know cause me driving home at seriously high speeds to get to the mailbox wasn't the safest or best idea!!  lol 

I thought this was too good to not share. It was written by a Marine and his only wish was to send it to as many people as you can.

Christmas Poem

T'WAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS,
HE LIVED ALL ALONE,
IN A ONE BEDROOM HOUSE MADE OF
PLASTER AND STONE.

I HAD COME DOWN THE CHIMNEY
WITH PRESENTS TO GIVE,
AND TO SEE JUST WHO
IN THIS HOME DID LIVE.

I LOOKED ALL ABOUT,
A STRANGE SIGHT I DID SEE,
NO TINSEL, NO PRESENTS,
NOT EVEN A TREE.

NO STOCKING BY MANTLE,
JUST BOOTS FILLED WITH SAND,
ON THE WALL HUNG PICTURES
OF FAR DISTANT LANDS.

WITH MEDALS AND BADGES,
AWARDS OF ALL KINDS,
A SOBER THOUGHT
CAME THROUGH MY MIND.

FOR THIS HOUSE WAS DIFFERENT,
IT WAS DARK AND DREARY,
I FOUND THE HOME OF A SOLDIER,
ONCE I COULD SEE CLEARLY.

THE SOLDIER LAY SLEEPING,
SILENT, ALONE,
CURLED UP ON THE FLOOR
IN THIS ONE BEDROOM HOME.

THE FACE WAS SO GENTLE,
THE ROOM IN SUCH DISORDER,
NOT HOW I PICTURED
A UNITED STATES SOLDIER.

WAS THIS THE HERO
OF WHOM I'D JUST READ?
CURLED UP ON A PONCHO,
THE FLOOR FOR A BED?

I REALIZED THE FAMILIES
THAT I SAW THIS NIGHT,
OWED THEIR LIVES TO THESE SOLDIERS
WHO WERE WILLING TO FIGHT.

SOON ROUND THE WORLD,
THE CHILDREN WOULD PLAY,
AND GROWNUPS WOULD CELEBRATE
A BRIGHT CHRISTMAS DAY.

THEY ALL ENJOYED FREEDOM
EACH MONTH OF THE YEAR,
BECAUSE OF THE SOLDIERS,
LIKE THE ONE LYING HERE.

I COULDN'T HELP WONDER
HOW MANY LAY ALONE,
ON A COLD CHRISTMAS EVE
IN A LAND FAR FROM HOME.

THE VERY THOUGHT
BROUGHT A TEAR TO MY EYE,
I DROPPED TO MY KNEES
AND STARTED TO CRY.

THE SOLDIER AWAKENED
AND I HEARD A ROUGH VOICE,
'SANTA DON'T CRY,
THIS LIFE IS MY CHOICE;

I FIGHT FOR FREEDOM,
I DON'T ASK FOR MORE,
MY LIFE IS MY GOD,
MY COUNTRY, MY CORPS.'

THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER
AND DRIFTED TO SLEEP,
I COULDN'T CONTROL IT,
I CONTINUED TO WEEP.

I KEPT WATCH FOR HOURS,
SO SILENT AND STILL
AND WE BOTH SHIVERED
FROM THE COLD NIGHT'S CHILL.

I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE
ON THAT COLD, DARK, NIGHT,
THIS GUARDIAN OF HONOR
SO WILLING TO FIGHT.

THEN THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER,
WITH A VOICE SOFT AND PURE,
WHISPERED, 'CARRY ON SANTA,
IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY, ALL IS SECURE.'

ONE LOOK AT MY WATCH,
AND I KNEW HE WAS RIGHT.
'MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND,!
AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT.'

THAT IS AWESOME!  I had heard it before a year or so ago...I copied and pasted it and sent it to everyone I know.  Thanks for sharing!

Today I came home to two letters!  One was a "Christmas Card" which was two index cards held together by a string!  He sent me a piece of his camo and a bracelet that he made from the strecthy stuff the put around the bottom of their pants.  Seriously, best gift ever!  Life is good!

MarissaLeigh....sounds to me like he's a keeper.  That was really sweet about the index cards.   My son's letters - I got three yesterday - said their Division has won ALL the FLAGS that there are to win. He says they are really a TEAM now and he is having fun.  He still counts down the days til PIR on the back of each letter - and says they don't get much sleep and have just about all learned to stand perfectly still with hands by their sides and not move even a little bit.  He says that was hard for him.  AMEN!  Life is good!  It will get better on Jan 27th!!!!!  I read somewhere that the NAVY will not change our SR's personalities... but just polish them up for us!  :-)   Merry Christmas to all in Ship 12 Division 050.

So glad to hear that our divison is doing good! I was really worried about all the guys at first but it sounds like they are pulling it together! (: The Navy so far has made my husband into a more caring and detail oriented person. He sounds like he is the best person that he can be now. SO proud!

I went onto Facebook's RTC Page and they said they will be posting pictures of different divisions on their Facebook page!!!  https://www.facebook.com/NavyRecruitTrainingCommand?sk=app_20298068...  Lets hope for some photos of our SR's!!!!  Merry Christmas everyone!

Did anyone's SR say when they might be calling next?  ...My SR missed his call - either because of watch or his Wisdom teeth.    This time next month we will be sitting on those bleachers smiling to high heaven!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service