This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

I thought I'd start up a discussion for the wives/mothers of SR's in the same ship/division.  Welcome everyone.  I know I'm still missing my son very much and he's only been gone a week.  We got his box with some notes in it today.  My daughter and I have sent a card or letter every day since we got his address from the recruiter on Friday.

How is everyone else doing?

Views: 358

Replies to This Discussion

They 'should' be on Day 1-3.  Should.  Makes me wonder if my son will have his wisdom teeth out.

I was just reading that a lot of other moms went with their kids to MEPS.  My son never mentioned that we could go and neither did his recruiter.  It seemed like it wasn't something that we could go to.  That really is upsetting.  I don't know why he didn't want us there.  Maybe because I would have cried? 

So how are you holding up today?  No form letter yet but I wasn't expecting it until next week.  I made reservations for August already and really can't wait to see him.  It seems to be getting easier not having him at home.  I stopped expecting him to walk in the door.

I just got the form letter!  I cried again.  Ugh.  His note at the bottom made me pray that the weeks fly by.  I got really upset though because he'd listed the four people on the list and it said we were limited to those four but the RTC boot camp site Family Guide says that children 12 and under do not need to be on the list and don't count towards the four - my daughter is 12.  I'm going to print it and take it with us.

I bought two more cards today at the grocery store and I was telling the checker (whom I know) that I'd sent him something every day, and today I sent a postcard and a letter.  She said I was a little attached and I started to think maybe I was overdoing it - until I talked to another mom from another Navy mom support site and she said that I should be sending him something every day. 

My daughter seemed to find lots of cards - she was looking at the 'thinking of you' and 'cope' section.  It's amazing how many of those cards are appropriate. 

I started another letter last night telling him I got his letter.  I'm not going to stop writing, or even slow down.  As his mom I can't do anything less.

I told my son about a robbery at a convenience store, the end of the flood danger, that his brother had to go do manual labor for their grandparents instead of him.  I say funny stuff and tell him what everyone is doing. 

Darlene - have you seen the bootcamp.navy.mil site?  They've listed their graduation.  There are 13 divisions graduating that weekend!  Wow. 

I know you aren't going, I'm so sorry about that, but I'm so excited that all of our reservations are set, as are his girlfriends.  We even have a friend in Chicago that's going to pick up his girlfriend from the airport and take her to the hotel so she doesn't have to wait hours for us to pick her up.

I'm waiting for that first letter.  I hope one comes this week.  I sent him a prepaid priority envelope (if it fits, it ships - no weight limit) today so he can send back all the cards and letters he's gotten so he doesn't have to pick and choose what he saves.  I hope it's big enough.  :)

How are you doing?

I tried to privately message you but it won't let me send.  :(  I wanted to tell you something I'm not putting on the board.  Maybe someother time.

Oh, a ziploc bag would probably be perfect to keep everything neatly in, especially if you pressed out most of the air.  Good idea!

Yeah, I'm just about beside myself waiting for that first letter and praying they get a phone call this week.

My daughter is writing up one of those questionnaires but she is being really slooooowwww....  I guess she and her brother don't know how to just write about senseless stuff.  LOL  Good for them, right?  I must bore my son senseless with all the nonsense I send.

I sent a message early on but haven't been able to send one since.  I should try from home tonight - maybe it's a setting on my work computer.

My son tells me I have ADOS all the time - attention deficit, ooooo shiney!  I think I write a lot like that.  I jump from one thing to the next, sometimes with only a sentence about something and then another about something else. 

I miss talking to him.  Every day he would make 10 or 15 minutes just to talk to me about whatever was happening or plans or nothing at all.  I miss that I won't have that again for a long time.

I keep up with my oldest sons life on fb too.  I text and call but we don't see him much - and he lives about five miles away and works one mile away.  :(  Kids.

I forgot to try sending you a message from my home computer but I did get the questionnaire.  Thank you!  It's great!

LOL This sounds just like my letters !! I miss our conversations as well, catching up or

the way he could make me laugh all the time ! ADOS ...luv it!

glad to see your SR is in the same div. and ship as mine! do you know what site I go to too see about his graduation time to print off passes?

http://www.bootcamp.navy.mil/upcoming_grads.asp

It says you can print off the parking pass 11 days before.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service