This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
LOOOK...... I figured it out.... 328.... here we are!!!!

Views: 397

Replies to This Discussion

We played at Cleveland High school. It is not in our conference, but they have put us in a new conference and the coach set up a few other games to fill out the schedule and this was one of those. Sorry, but we won 38-0. Yea! We had to drive back to Pendleton so didn't get home until 2am. The call came at 8am so that wasn't really so bad.
Most of the rest of the games will be closer to home, but we only get 2 home games. The first will be ...guess when...10/1!! But my football player was close to his brother so he's okay with me going to grad. Look forward to seeing you soon.
Congrats on the win. The long drive is always easier when you win. We are a 4A school and If I am correct you guys are 5A. Cleveland is not in our league either. We are about 25 miles west of Portland. Our league is mostly on the coast. Most of the schools we play in league are about an hour or so away. But preseason we play a game or two in the Portland area. The last couple of years have had us past you guys to Baker and Ontario in playoff games. So we get the long drives. Are you guys in one of those hybrid leagues? I will miss my sons Homecoming game going to PIR. But he gets it. He's okay with it. Mostly I worry about him getting hurt and us not being there. A few years ago he took a hit to the stomach and ended up with a lacerated kidney and almost lost it. Spent a week in the trauma unit at Emanuel. But alas it all worked out and he was as good as new by the next football season. Funny that it is such a small world. I don't think we will be at the Meet and Greet. We don't get to Chicago until 4 and have family coming to meet that evening. But I still hope to meet a few people.
My SR sounded very good! He did say that the next Test (#3) is supposed to be hard...he is worried but, I told him to keep doing what he has been doing! He said that the running and the marching are getting easier, and he was very proud to tell me that his marching is really getting better! LOL :) He also told me that he earned a "marksman" ribbon last week to wear on his dress uniform! I couldn't believe this one....they pulled his bottom 2 wisdom teeth, sounded like last week! I can believe they pulled them....can't believe I didn't know, and wasn't there to take care of him!!! He did tell me not to worry about it. He said they did a good job, and he never had any pain. This has been "emotional" boot camp for the Moms!!!

Paul did tell me that he would be in the front row of the Division at PIR...and as of right now he is holding a flag. He wants to go to Chicago...he wants to eat good food!!! He will stay in GL for a few days, then ship out to A school in Florida.

He sounds so grown up, and so in control! He did have a few banking questions, and a few banking favors. He said they have not ordered the pictures, yet. He asked what I would like for him to get. I told him to use his CheckCard, and I would deposit the money in his account. And, I didn't want him to take the CheckCard...he insisted!

I am so glad we got these calls...it rejuvenated me! I am soooooo excited for PIR!!!!
Awwww he's going to be right in front!! That is awesome!! Tiff didn't have her teeth done, thank goodness! WOW.... that's right you haven't talked to him since the beginning!! I also told Tiff to order the pics and I would pay her back when I get there! :)
Tiff's Mom...WOW that is awesome that she got promoted to E3!!!!! Did she go in as an E2?
No she went in as nothing! LOL She recruited 3 regular kids and one NUKE kid so that automatically got her stripes.... hahahaha she didn't "EARN" it, but she'll take it!!
You go girl!!!! I tried to get Paul to recruit some kids....I know I would have been! He was too busy working and being at the Firehouse to be bothered. He is a volunteer Firefighter at 2 stations. He spent everynite since he graduated in May at the Firehouse....except for vacations! Didn't want to miss a call!!!
That is what Tiffany will do if she isn't NAVY... a firefighter.... more, a paramedic!! My brother was one for many years! When he died.... oh my gosh.... the funeral and cermony was more than I expected.... it was TONS of fire trucks, his casket on the back of one and every firefighter from all over the country!! He was a "Chief" at the local Volunteer fire dept. so everyone knew him... he was a firefighter since he was 17!! His father in law went to every fire dept in our area and took pictures of their flags half mast.... it was the most Patriotic thing I've ever seen, this was after 9/11 and I was SO Proud that was my brother!! I just wish my sister and parents were alive to see the whole thing!! I have four bright angels in Heaven looking down on my GIRL and my kids, just wish they would pop in more often! :):)
OMG...you are making me cry!!!! I know what you mean....I have been to several FF funerals, it is emotionally overwhelming to say the least! What a tribute!! I am sure it made you very proud of your brother....that is so sad that you have lost that many immediate family members. You never know the crosses that another has to bear!!! I believe in the "angels"....trust that they are watching out for your girl, and you too!!!

Paul really wanted to be a Baltimore County FF after High School....with the economy it is very hard to get in right now! The old guys can't afford to retire, and they changed the years of service that they can get full-pension from 25 to 30. His plan when he left for BC was to do 4 years with the Navy and then try to become a FF. Baltimore County will count his military time toward his years of service for retirement! Who knows he may love the Navy!
Is there not a job just for firefighting in the Navy? I know they all learn basic firefighting but do they have a fire dept on each base?? Tiffany's contract is for 6 years and when she wrote the last time she just hope it goes by fast! LOL I'm sure things will look much better to her once she gets out of bootcamp! LOL I would love for her to make it her career... the benefits are so good!
I feel the same way! Great secure job, great benefits, retire at a decent age! I would think there is a FF job....but, I am always told that "everyone" in the Navy is a FF!! (from the old-timers) I talk to a Mom whose son graduated BC in the Spring...he is in A school in GL and loves it! She told me that life after BC is so much better. She talks to him a few times a week!
Did anybody get any letters yet this week???

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service