This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Welcome to the Division Discussion for divisions 063 and 064.

These two divisions are brother divisions and will be training together from the beginning through BS21 their final test. Your SRs, soon to be SAILORS, are becoming friends, and some of them may be heading to A School together.

Get to know each other, your SRs are!

Please still use the Main Wall of the PIR Group to post questions, and concerns, we “veteran” moms don’t always get to into the discussion area as often as we would like.

Every single question that is asked is important Every single concern is genuine Every single member is important to us We don't want to accidentally overlook any of them or you.

Hang in there!!!

Views: 2368

Replies to This Discussion

GOT MY CALL TODAY and a letter!!! It was HEAVENLY to hear his voice!!!! He sounds good!! I am so relieved. It's so helpful to know that he is doing well, it's was his "half way through" call. So proud. January 18th can't get here fast enough for ME!!!

dehoopba ship 13 Div 064

I was so excited today when he called!! I almost missed it as I was talking to my mom on her cell when her land line rang and my dad yelled out "it's Jimmy"  I was shocked when I looked at my phone and realized he had called me first and I missed it!  I told my mom what I would not hang up with her until I knew that he would be able to call me back - which he did and we talked for about 12 minutes.  I heard yelling in the background and he said he had to go-hard to say goodbye.  I made it throughout the phone call but bawled for 20 minutes after just for sheer joy!

hang in there other mom's, don't fret if you miss it, they will call you back ASAP.

Hugs

Does anyone know if we can send like holiday candy, cookies and things like that to our sailors?

No candy no cookies, no glitter or musical cards is what I've heard so I'm sticking to that-don't want to get my boy in the hot seat.

Ok thanks that is what I thought and I agree I don't want him to be in trouble!

I know this is off topic...but I can't get my mind off of Newtown, CT....yesterday while I was at work and reading the developing story online, I texted all three of my kids, including my SR..just telling them I love them and couldn't wait to hug them when I got home. It is still so surreal and I can't comprehend what would bring a human being to such a place where they could first kill their Mom and then kill SO many innocents, especially the beautiful children. We have to do better as the UNITED STATES...we have to come up with answers. God Bless them all...

The shooting in Connecticut is indeed a tragedy and very sad.  Mental illness most probably played a role in this and as a nation we have to come to terms with mental illness AND we do need to do more with controlling easy access to guns.  I agree that as Americans the constitution gives us the right but with that right comes responsibility.  We have Americans be qualified with regulations and testing to drive a car, operate machinery, drive 18 wheelers, etc etc   that can be used irresponsibly without regulations as a weapon but we squawk and clutch the constitution whenever there is any hint of controlling actual weapons. There is common ground to reach if politically we can recognize and accept that regulation and rules don't necessarily infringe on our right to bear arms but protect the rights of others to the pursuit of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  Prayers go out to those in Connecticut that have lost loved ones and to our nation-we should and can do better.    

My husband Thom got a letter today but none for momma :(  We came up with a questionnaire that we sent him and he mentioned that he liked it when we spoke the other day.  We had fun with it too.  He liked the moleskin and blister care bandaids I sent and he didn't get into trouble as it obviously was not contraband. I also sent SASE (most with my name and address on it ), blank address labels, stamps and a large envelope so he can send some of the old cards and letters home for safekeeping to make room for more :)  Hopefully he can streamline his writing with the SASE and labels to maximize the limited time he gets to write.  Jim did say that he loves the cards and letters and  to keep them coming.  He said he lost weight (tall and lanky anyway) but feels stronger and is enjoying BASE training but IT is rough!  His letter was good and he sounded upbeat so we are again relieved. Can't wait 'til graduation.

Thanks to all of you moms out there sharing-there is strength and comfort in knowing I am not in the boat alone :)

Can not believe that it is 30 days til Boot camp is over.  Miss him so much.  Made reservations today for flight, car and hotel.  It seems that it is getting real now

Well this afternoon I was home be myself and the phone rang and it was my son! He said that he is doing really good! He said that their ship and division are all doing good! He called my husband on his cell and my husband thought it was a telemarketer and didn't answer it so he calle me back. We got to talk for an hour! I need help with the gift card idea to Mcdonalds. Can anyone tell me about it. Thanx in advance. One happy Texas mom

Got a letter but no phone call yet.

A letter usually comes in Wednesday's mail, but none today. I'm thinking there's a lot of Christmas mail over loading the post office this week. I got a phone call last Thursday. Keep your phone close; might be before the weeks out. My call came @ 6:40, which is 5:40 their time.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service