This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
hello any one have a loved one in this div havent heard from my daughter missing her very much she is my first born and only daughter of 4 ....we all can hardlly wait for grad 2/12/10

Views: 190

Replies to This Discussion

My son is on this Div! I have gotten 1 letter, but friends of his tell me he has also written them. I have gotten to speak to my son a couple times by phone since he calls to get info sent from me for his security clearance. We are in California, what part of the country are you from?
we are in florida at one point i was gettin several letters and calls just havent lately an was a lil concerned but i guess no news is good news
i recieved a letter from my daughter yesterday she said that she was having less bad days an that she may not be able to call until after the battlestations ....
Hello ttuc31 - I have received letters from my daughter and she has told me this division have a brother division of 093. They are both co-ed groups. There is alot of clashing going on with the girls but the guys I have no idea how they are getting along. They have doing alot of IT(Intense Training) at least 3x's a day due to others back talking, not doing what told and making mistakes while learning to march. They have not earned a Flag yet but had a chance to earn a flag this past week, which I really hope they did. I think they have started Hell Week which consists of several tests. The RDC's have been telling they if they don't straighten out that their PIR could be changed. Just keeping my fingers crossed and praying that they can come together as a team. I could go on and on.......My daughter just wants this done and over with so that she can start A school. Only 3 more weeks to PIR.

Well welcome to the group and just keep sending letters to your daughter! That's what they want more then ever. Talk to you later.

Lori B
hey Lori your right my daughter had mention this to me in the past about the div but she didnt in her last letter im hopin that means all is well i write everyday an her brothers write 3 x a week they will get it together i know it its getting down to the wire i cant wait to see her found myself to be very emotional today but i will be fine thanks for the welcome i will keep you posted and if possile you can do the same for me...talk to you later
I have got one phone call from my son two weeks ago. No letters since. I had heard that they were in Hell week this week. IMy last call was on a Monday evening, so I am hoping for one tomorrow. He has mentioned in his letters that his div. was doing a little better at working together. I hope this has continued. I dont know if he has any flags yet. Forgot to ask that when I talked to him. 2/12 cant come fast enough for me. lol
My son is writing after taps - his only free time - I wish he would sleep as he's not getting much but that means no letters - has watch each night plus a few other jobs - don't like to go into detail on this site - he says he can handle it but is exhausted. He just wants boot camp to finish. They are having lots of extra IT too - the group is coming together but a few are still acting up or need extra practice and they are a team - so they have to work together to get them all through. The ones that are still acting up - the navy will only tolerate so much before they get removed - it will all come together at Battle stations - then they HAVE to work together - some divisions don't get it together until these last two weeks (from what I've read on the sites) - no news is good news - some in this division are allowed phone calls then they don't have the time to call - the pressure is on for them all to pass the tests and drills - they are all knuckling down and doing what it takes to graduate - lets all hang in there - not too long to go now - it will be all worth it at PIR - ship 14 Div 094
yes your right in my daughters last letter she said they are very busy ..ship14 div 094 and she said she wouldnt be calling for a lil while but she is not as sad as she was so i took it as a plus
Hi ttuc 31
Nice to meet you, our daughters are in the same Davison. We are also from Florida, Lakeland just around the corner from you.
My daughter has been writing the same as the other kids, about how their division has been doing. However this week she said more upbeat things and even put a smiley face on her envelope.
I’m not sure if things are finely turning around for the division, or if it was due to having her wisdom teeth pull. She was writing from her rack that same day, it may have been the medication. LOL
PIR is will be here soon, keep our prayers up. …. Toni
yes we will i am kinda nervous to book anything with all the talk about pir being pushed back these days if you get flight deals or anything its no refunds but i guess i will get on the ball the last lettter sound promising..see you on the 12 .....with my red scarf right?
Hello ladies! I booked our flights this past Saturday! Yikes keeping my fingers crossed. We will be on AirTran and it will only cost $75 if the PIR date changes. Now only thing to do is to get a rental car. Can't wait, hope these weeks go by fast! I should be getting a letter on Wednesday, hopefully.

Talk to you all later:D

Lori B
Got a call today, if ya want to hear about it. PM me and I will tell ya what I know. He is happy , sounded tired. and he is ready for PIR.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service