This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Here's a place for all of you who gave recruits in Ship 6 Div 948 to gather and support one another .

Views: 880

Replies to This Discussion

lol, Most of the recruits in the 900 divisions had marching experience. That made it easier for them and they practiced their routines when everyone else was learning to march. They did have more on their shoulders but I don't think it was bad at all. The first letter for me was very hard. The processing is so hard for them. They get yelled at a lot and they are kept awake for a long time. My daughter was awake for 46 hours and she said that the first night she cried herself to sleep. It took a good 10 minutes before I could even read the rest of her letter. To know she cried herself to sleep broke my heart and made me want to go get her right them. She went on to say that she thought it was because she was emotionally and physically drained because of lack of sleep. And she was much better the next day. It was hard waiting on that next letter but it was much more positive and she said it wasn't that bad as long as you listen and do what you are told. By the 4th week she said she loved boot camp. I don't think that is the norm lol. They did not yell at her as an individual usually just at the group or others who weren't listening or were talking. It helped that she was physically fit going in and could pass all their requirements even before she got there. She would write almost every night. She did it in journal form and dated each paragraph. I got a letter from her before I even got the form letter. They got to write the first Sunday they were there but she was the last one in the division so it may have been a week longer for some of the others. They also got to write an extra day for a holiday and about 4 weeks in they were able to send letters out 3 days a week. That was awesome. She was very good about writing and I lived for the mail. She was very excited to be chosen for the choir and she got to perform with the choir for PIR 2 weeks before her own. I went to that PIR group and asked them to please take pics of the choir and come back and post them. They did and I got to see her in her dress white uniform and was soooo excited. I copied the pic and sent it to her. lol, she and her friends were amazed that I had a pic of them and couldn't believe I got one. I was a very happy mom lol. The worst part was she was a grad and go and she left for FL on a chartered flight. We only got to see her for 7 hours on Friday and haven't seen her since. We do talk every day so that is good. Let me know if you have any questions. I know you must have a million lol. :)
Wow Lala! I know that first letter had to break your heart! So, you received a letter within a few days????? Oh lord, I hope I get one soon. My son has been gone a week today. I wasn't expecting anything for 3 weeks, now I'm hoping for one earlier : } Did you know she was going to be in the choir, or did she write you and let you know. My son has a wonderful singing voice, I was just wondering do they have them tryout for the choir, or do they know before they even go to BC?
Lala, you said they kept your daughter up 46 hours straight? I though the first week was just paperwork and in processing. How much paperwork can there be to keep you up 46 hours? What are they making them do stay awake? They are not doing PT training the first week right? Ok....Ok.... I know, ....One question at a time. LOL Sorry
lol, so many questions.... it is fine, ask away. The reason they are up for so long is because when the day starts. She got up at the hotel at 4 am to go to MEPS, she left MEPS around noon for the airport, her flight from Charlotte to Chicago wasn't until 5pm, she had to wait at the airport in Chicago until about 8pm, then a bus ride to base, they were up all that night and the next day doing the in doc paperwork, moment of truth etc and it was very late that night when they finally could go to bed. She was one of the last ones to get into the division and PIR group so hers may have been a little rushed on the paperwork side. But I have heard that most of them say they were up for 36 to 48 hours. She actually had PIR a week before we had calculated so that was good.
Vincents mom my son was up about as long. They do that to get them all on the same schedule.Many come from different time zones. They are kept very busy during that time processing...shots, blood work, shoe and uniform fitting, medical, vision, dental. Being instructed on the rules...lot of things going on with them during that time.
They ask them during the processing if they have any experience with band, marching, singing, flag team or drill team. And I think it also has something to do with high asvab scores. We had learned a lot on this site before she left and told her to volunteer for the preforming division. She had played the flute in the marching band in high school and sings. We found out on the form letter she was in the performing division but didn't know she was in the choir until we got the second real letter. I am not sure if they had to try out once they got there but I will ask her this afternoon. :)
ok thanks, I also posted another problem on one of the other sites about an issue with informing my son on the death of someone very close to him. I am worried that he may have access to facebook and find out about the death on facebook before I have a chance to tell him at PIR. Can you PLEASE ask her if there is chance of that happening.
He won't have assess to FB or computers till after Battlestations
the only ones who get access to facebook are some who are being asmo'd I saw one girl who was waiting to come home and she was on there a couple of times. I have heard some get on after battle stations but not very many do. The computers are limited and they have to pay so much per minute to use it I think. My Aunt, my daughter's great aunt whom we lived next door to became ill and passed away while she was at boot camp. I did not tell her until after PIR. And I read your posts and I think I would not tell him. It seems like she is going to be just fine so there is no need to worry him. Just my opinion. And my daughter was upset that her aunt has passed away and she missed the funeral but she was not upset at all that I waited to tell her. I hope this helps.
Hi Lala, I know what post you are talking about with the sister getting into the accident. Although I am so happy she is going to be ok...that wasn't my post. My SR's stepbrother died in a boating accident on Saturday. I have already decided not to tell him until after battlestation 21. Thanks so much on the facebook info. I look forward to getting to know all you better.
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. That is so sad. My heart goes out to you. I will keep your family in my prayers. My oldest son (not in Navy) lost a very good friend on Sunday. She inspired him to go to school and become a massage therapist. She was such a sweet and caring young lady in her early 20's. She passed away from Leukemia and was 4 months pregnant. So much sadness everywhere you turn.
hello everyone! i'm so excited to meet all of you!! i'm just beside myself that we have our own group - OMG! i'm in the boot camp group, left august 18 group, the recipe group and now here!

i have to share my story with you all: i'd read on the site that you can try to phone the recruiter to see if they have a mailing address yet, so, i phoned my son davon's recruiter yesterday from work, and sure enough, he had it and shared. so, my plan was to go home and mail out the letters i'd been writing to him since july. then, no sooner do i get home and change, does my doorbell ring and i hear a truck drive off - a fedex truck! OMG! so, in less than a week, i have my son's 'box' (major boo-hoo'ing), AND his address! okay, & it gets even better...today, i got 2 letters, one from him, which he sounds so awesome, so upbeat, so into all of what's happening there, and the 2nd with ALL his graduation information! i cannot begin to tell you, that being a member with all of you at navyformoms to help me get through this, and to know exactly what's going to happen, is one of the best things i could've ever done - and so far, it's all happened so perfectly! i'm so darn proud to be going through this with all of you. and even though i'm a new navy mom (davon's 19 and 1 year outta high school), i'm here for all of you too, in any way i can! love y'all!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service