This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

my son is on ship 3 div 149. have no ideai how any of this works. just received his address from recruiter yesterday. sent all my letters to him this am. not sure when his PIR is? Guess I'm waiting on the Offical ltr. ???

Views: 517

Replies to This Discussion

I found the answer to my own question on if videos or pictures can be purchased of the PIR.  I found this on the official Navy website:

Read below. I am going to drop a letter to my SR to make sure he orders these things or if he hasn't to let me know. Sure sounds better than trying to video it yourself.

The Navy Exchange Photographic Services at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes offers each graduating recruit the opportunity to purchase division and individual photographs, a division Cruise Book, which highlights the Recruits’ Boot Camp experiences from Night of Arrival to Graduation Day and a videotape of the Recruit Pass-In-Review Ceremony.

Photographs and cruise books may be purchased only by the recruit prior to their graduation from boot camp; however, if your recruit did not order a videotape of PIR, the Navy Exchange Photographic Services Office will accept orders.

Please verify with your recruit that a videotape has not been ordered by them prior to placing your request.

To order a videotape of your Recruit's PIR, please provide the following information:

Recruit's Name
Division Number
Date of Pass-In-Review Ceremony
Return Address (Sorry, No P.O. Box or Overseas Addresses Please)
Daytime Phone Number

For prices and additional information, please contact the Navy Exchange Photographic Services Office at 847-578-6205 or via e-mail at william.dermody@nexweb.org.

There has been little discussion for Division 149 in a while-  Has any one heard lately from their SR's?  It has been quiet lately. hope to get a letter tomorrow- no phone calls expected- but sure would be nice to get one soon.  Maybe we won't get another one now until they call saying they are a "Sailor" after Battleships.  does anyone know when their Division will go through Battleships? Other Divisions are hearing so wondered if any of our SR's know yet.

Also: Is anyone on Facebook? Apparently you can see photos of the Divisions posted - not sure how to get them, but other divisions are seeing their divisions photos - posted once a week - maybe Navy has a face book site? I don't do face book so if anyone does, it would be great to copy and paste our division on this site so we can see them?

Navymom,

I am wonderng the same thing.  Starting to get really anxious.  We got a letter last Wed.  Said things were getting better but he was not happy and he was so sick.  Staying at home every night hoping for a call.  He hasn't called since Sat. the 2nd. 

From what I have read on DIV 150 page, they do Battleships on the 20 and 21.  149 is their sister unit and should go with them.  That leaves almost a week till PIR.  I don't know how this works.  What will they do for a week?  I pray all day long for 149.  Sounds like they are having major issues and my heart aches for them all. 

proudmom;

I am praying too for 149..and for everyone to be healthy..hopefully by now your son is! I know they all had colds a few weeks back.

I read that for Battle Stations, as explained by diannep on the Battle stations group information,   they are divided into smaller groups and evaluated as a team as well as individuals. some of them may fail and have to go through again with another division. They don't have battle stations on Fri or Sat nights because of Captains Cup on Sat- then they resume Sun-Wed nights. May not need all those nights depending on the size of the PIR group.

Phone calls start coming in on the 21st then for 149-150 ; and at any time I guess!  We may not hear from them until next week - hopefully when they call letting us know they are a "Sailor".  Will be praying everyday for all our SR's to pass!!!!

I am glad it is the 20th and 21st- My son's birthday is the 19th- that would be a hard way to spend his 21st birthday!

Check this out moms for Division 149 !!!

http://www.navyformoms.com/group/ctratemoms/forum/topics/boot-camp-...

******BATTLESTATIONS SCHEDULE******

Thurs, Apr 21/Fri, Apr 22         Div 149, 150

Mon, Apr 25th/Tues, Apr 26th  Div 151, 152

Tues, Apr 26th/Wed, Apr 27th  Div 155, 156

Well I don't know about everyone else but I got my letter today! So I will share the happiness by filling you all in on what they've been doing!
I received two letters(well two in one). The first was written on Thursday 4/7/11 I don't know what this rank means, but my SR received Marksman in shooting! Don't know what it is but I do know it's an honor he gets to wear on his uniform!!
So I can tell you they have done their shooting! He said tomorrow (Friday 4/8/10) "we have our final shots we have to take and then we get to go to the NEX" By final shots I don't know if he is talking about the weapons shooting, or shots as in pictures? He said next week (this week) is firefighting and gas chamber. Also they've received their first pay stubs! (my SR had a lot of deductions so prepare for that!)

Next letter was written on Sunday (4/10/11) He said "firefighting starts tomorrow" So they had firefighting Monday!
Also they have their last PFA (physical test) on Wednesday (today!) "Also we have our last test on thursday" So academic I'm guessing? And They are doing gas chamber sometime this week but I don't know what day!

Hope this sets some minds at ease for those of you that haven't received letters yet! They are on their way I bet because I got mine! Hang in there everyone we're almost there!
OH OH almost forgot!! The whole division got a 120 minute phone card for free for being on good behavior!
WOO!
15 more days we are so close!!!
:)
oh and also, My SR was sick along with the rest of the division. He said he is feeling tons better (as of Sunday) So hopefully they are all healthy by now!!!

Oh bless you! You made my night!  I hope to hear from my SR tomorrow as it is usually my letter day! I am so relieved to hear what is happening! Thanks for sharing !!! I think by shots- he might mean another medical shot- because I think they get two of those big injections at boot camp1 But i could be wrong. Marksman in shooting i think it an award for doing well at firing the 9mm...My son was so anxious to get that so I hope he did too! 

I hope my SR uses his phone card to call me this time! How great to know they got an award as a Division! WHOO HOOO

Thanks again- for the latest news!

so glad I could make your night! I would have posted it earlier but had such a busy evening!!

I didn't even think of medical shots ha! I guess that's what he means that makes the most sense!

woo! Well I'm glad I know what he did good at now ha! I hope your son gets it too! The more that receive the award, the higher the morale will be and they will be more positive to work together even more now!

And I was so excited to hear they got the phone cards! So I'm hoping this means they are earning an extra phone call sometime soon! Or that they get extended calls on the I'm a Sailor calls!

And you are most welcome!

I got 2 letters yesterday, a 6 page front and back letter from my son and a letter from one of the other guys I wrote to who hadn't been getting mail. Here are highlights:

the recruit leadership has been replaced a couple times-apparently normal

they have received all pieces of their uniforms (he was very excited to have these)

service and division pics have been done (they had the opportunity to order packages)

they earned the next flag for drill inspection, scored 4.53 out of 5.0

they received the National Defense Ribbon for the uniform (given in time of war)

Test 2 scores were good, earning them a pennant for their already earned flag for academics

My son earned his Marksmanship Ribbon for shooting (he wanted expert so he's disappointed)

they got the collar devices and stripes (if applicable) for their uniforms

PFA2, final PI, damage control class, Test 3, firefighting, confidence chamber, and Battle Stations are coming

He said they're more a team now and working together. But he asked for prayer for them because now there's a Home Free attitude. They need to focus and keep their heads in the right place. I'm glad to hear things have gotten better but they did lose the last phone call they were supposed to get because several didn't pass the mock personal inspection. The IT started again for that. Overall my son is enjoying his training and making good friends. I'm hoping they get to make calls this week. The last time they called B was sick and couldn't call home. It's been too long since I've talked with him!

Oh happy day!  Got a letter too.  R wrote so much in comparrsion to the last two letters.  He sounded so much more positive too. 

The peanut butter is a shot in the back side.  Said the stuff they inject is same consistancy as peanut butter and there is still a bump, which makes it hard to sit. 

He is feeling much better and thinks he actually had the flu.  Same symptoms as his bout with it three years ago. 

Said spirits were high because they were practicing for PIR.  14 day to go ladies.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service