This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Hello, I am still looking for anyone with someone on ship 11 Div. 0062. I would like to hear from others as graduation nears it would be nice. We have received one phone call last week and 2 letters so far.

Thank you for your time.

Views: 276

Replies to This Discussion

posie lee- I am sorry to have confused you, but after reading your post on how it was not a good Idea to use our SR name in our screen name I decided to change it. The discussions were all started by me so, you are right. Just decided to change it... still the same person. Have a great day.
May I suggest purple as out Div. color??????
Hey everyone.:)   I am always afraid to give out screennamse just in case one person may not wish to be contacted, but in the case of the mom from Hawaii, i looked, and she has a discussion posted up here also. So i am thinking it may be OK, and  that she is looking for others as well. If you go to 'discussions', she is about the 3rd page in and  her name is Lucig. She has the PIR date listed as 2/14/11, which is just a typo. If you want to leave her a comment, just click on her screenname and it will take you to her page, where you will be able to post one. She may be happy to hear from someone else in the same division. She may not respond right away, it think she is mainly on FB, but learning to navigate this site.
Thanks potsie lee, I am going to send her a msg. right now.
Hello...Got my reservations finally, but I will be at the Red Carpet Inn which is a little bit cheaper. Finally found Div. 62 here. There was so much info on the discussion. It has helped me a lot. Hope I could visit at Ramada Hotel for the M & G day. I don't know how far it is from the Red Carpet Inn.Thank you guys for the abundance of wisdom and info. God bless all of us. I am so nervous really. Hope to God all will be well for all of us.
I am so glad to hear you have made reservations. I hope that you do make it to the M&G at the Ramada. Just think that there are only !& days left!!! I have faith everything will work out perfectly with your flight and your stay at GL. I have faith that all of us will have safe travels to and from GL and that our SRs will do wonderful at Battle Stations!!! God Bless us all. Can't wait to met you!!!

Hello, my son is on Ship 11 Div.062.  We received a phone call from our son 2 weeks ago.  The Div. started with 89 kids and when we talked with him the Div is down to 69 kids.  Sounds like he enjoys all the physical activity.  Our 3 year old son sent our Navy boy a musical Buzz Light Year Christmas card "You got a friend in me".  Our son had to open the card up 10 different times and do 8 push ups each time.  A total of 80 push ups.  He's asking for us to send more musical cards along with candy to see how many push ups they make him do.  LOL.  He said that he has gain muscle weight but lost inches.  Sure wish they had Navy Mom boot camp.  It's going to be great to see our boys.  Talk to you later.  

Captain

Yah my son told me too that some did'nt really make it. Hoping again all will be well. God bless all.

The last time I talked to him was 2weeks ago? He said he owe his oficer  500 push ups....ewww. Mistakes of his group I think he will be in trouble. He was given some responsibilities I guess.  and everybody will be punished. he he. He said he does'n't mind anymore. Some would even woke him up like 2 in the morning if they needed some help. In the mornin' he said he would sleep march. LOL. He had some friends now he said and they're doin' fine. I don't know if I am allowed to tell in details what's goin' on in their group.  They get along pretty well for now. They cannot wait  to graduate. Some threw up and did'nt make it to the bathroom with one thing they had done.....hope I will not be in trouble for sharing too much..we talked  longer the last time he called...pls. tell me what needs to be shared. thanks all. I miss him so much. I miss his smile. I remember in his letter one day when he told me that he got in trouble when he smiled. oohh.

His smile would be precious now. God bless all mothers.

Hi, My boyfriend is in Ship11, Div 0062. I've received one phone call and three letters from him so far- it seems like they're all doing great! It's so great to find other people on this website.
MissChristine- Hello!!!! my son is in Div. 62 glad to hear from someone else in our Div. Will you be going to PIR?

Unfortunately, because I'm going back to school 2 days after PIR, it will be a lot of traveling for me. I wish I could go just to see his wonderful smile that shows how proud he is and how proud we are of him! I will not be able to attend PIR but I know his mother and grandfather are going. I'm so anxious to hear from him! Looking in the mailbox every single day! Hoping to get a phone call from him soon- do you know when they are going into Battle Stations?

I think Battle Stations are scheduled for Feb. 1&3.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service