This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

I received the short phone call that he arrived last night. I think thats when this all became real for us. My son has wanted to join the Navy since he was a little boy.  I'm so proud, and selfishy SO SAD!!!  I am thankful for this website, reading the stories and knowing I'm not the only one!  Thanks to all of you Navy moms.

Views: 589

Replies to This Discussion

I called our recruiter this morning and he had all the info for me by this afternoon. Yay!

Hi, my son left 9/4 also from Tampa, that phone call was quick!  I plan to write him a letter today also, just hope he is making it these first few days!

I watched the video that is posted on this site about what the first few days of BC is like. It was really helpful. I really like the part where they said "We are not trying squash the person your son is, were trying to turn civ's into soldiers” It’s a great video, (as great as a video of BC can be I suppose) if you have a chance to watch it, do!

It's so strange, I'll be just fine going through the day, and then I get some little reminder and I just lose it. I'm counting the days, minutes & hours. I just hope with my whole heart he makes it! I've read some of the posts about the Nuke kids not all making it, and I just pray Kyle digs deep and fulfills his dream of being a United States Navy Nuclear blah blah blah (I can't remember what it's called but its part of their engineering program)

Have a good day MOMS! :)
Toni
Kkbmom-I am the same way. I went to put something in his room last night and just started crying. It happens! My son is going to be a NUKE too! Let's think positive!

We received his "box" yesterday.  I thought it was going to take more like two weeks but it only took 3 days.  I was hoping he had slipped a note in there but no such luck. It was hard, seeing his stuff.  I wasn't expecting it so soon..  Hopefully we'll get his form letter just as soon!  I miss him. 

Toni

Hello ladies my son left from Seattle on 9/4.  I had to comment because you all explain so well what I am going through.  I know he is doing great and will do great things but wow I new it would be hard but it is much worse than I thought.  The good Lord will pull us through and keep them safe.

Hi Sonya, (Neighbor) :)

It is an amazing time for our kids, who are transforming minute by minute!  Can't wait for Graduation, can't wait to see my son.

Hello kkbmom, I too am a Oregon mom and my son entered on September 5th.  Our boys may have flown out together. I am so ready to be able to write, talk to him.  I am going through waves of emotions how are you doing?

HI Oregon mom!!  :)  Having the waves too!!  It's hard to be apart, it's hard to have no contact.  But i get a great satisfaction in knowing he is exactly where he wants to be.  I cannot wait to hear his voice, and I can't wait to hear what it's been like for him! 

Where in Oregon are you from?  We're from Gladstone just south of Portland. 

Toni

Hello, my daughter left 9/4 too, but from Los Angeles.  I never got a call, but a text that said she was there and they were shipping her things.  Finally today we got "the box"  I searched the whole thing to see if there was a note, but to no avail.  :(  I miss her so much!!!  I know she is exactly where she wants to be though as she had a smile from ear to ear when she was at MEPS.  I hope to get the letter soon with an address so I can send her letters.  I really want to book travel for graduation, but can't make any plans till we get info.  Does anyone know how long it will be?

Just a little tidbit....your recruit does have the option to donate their clothing/possessions instead of mailing them home so if it's been awhile and you haven't gotten the box then maybe that's what they did so don't worry. They are ok. Saying that, this doesn't mean I have been completely hit by some random thought that busted all the pipes on my face while sitting in a coffee shop or reading a book at the library and going in his room requires an entire box of tissues. We all know all the good positive stuff, but we have been their moms/dads forever and it's hard to let go and let them grow up without us being there. My son has only been gone a week and I feel like I lost my right arm and no amount of logical thinking will change that right now. Reading all your posts certainly helps me feel less alone. Thank you

My son arrived in GL on the 4th too.  I received a 5 min. call on Sunday (I guess a few divisions got to call).  He sounded great and said graduation will be 11/2/12 and they were filling out the form letters on Friday.  So, I imaginerd they were mailed Saturday or Monday.  Hoping to get it soon with the address.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service