This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Hi All,

Is there a group started for Ship 4 Division 809?  If not, lets get it started!

Views: 545

Replies to This Discussion

hello all!  My son is in ship 04 div. 809.  Thanks for starting this.  Are you familiar with the Navy or is this all new to you too?

This is all new to me!  I want to learn what I can and saw that other groups were forming around different divisions so I went ahead and threw it out there.  My son Is my youngest child (of 2) and he signed a contract to train for Search and Rescue.  He is 24 years old and attended 2 years of College before he decided he wanted to be a Search and Rescue guy.  I miss him like crazy but I know he will do fine!  I am really looking forward to getting that first real letter! How are you doing with all this and what is your son going to be training for?
Hi there.  Thanks for starting this...my 18 yo son is also in 4/809.  Has a diver contract with grad date of 5/6.  I guess I should say PIR.  I've seen a few others.  We've received both the box and the letter.  Now, waiting for the "real" letter.  I'm so anxious to hear how he's doing.  I need to get writing myself.  What are your guys going to be doing?  Rescue swimmer, EOD? SWCC?  Another diver?  Glad to connect.
hey there, my son has an EOD contract.  He is 20 and went away to college for 2 years.  I have a lot of experience with having him gone.  When he called that monday night he actually said, this is so awesome!  I am trying not to worry until he goes out on missions.  I am sure your son is doing fine.  At least we know that they are safe. It is so nice to have other mothers to talk to about our worries and answer questions we might have.

Glad to connect too! My son will be a Rescue Swimmer!

My boyfriend is going in as a rescue swimmer as well
so where do you both live?  I am from Michigan so getting to the graduation is just a 6 hour drive. I have already booked a room for the weekend.  can't wait to see my son.  he is an only child. 

My family is in Washington, but my folks live near Chicago.  I think we'll still find a motel though, I think they are beyond the 50 mile radius leave "zone".  My three younger kids will stay home for PIR, we'll save the miles so everybody can come to the A school grad.  I can't wait to get a letter, maybe this week, huh?  How are you guys doing?  I'm much better this week than last.

I am doing fine,  Its wierd how little laundry I have now and my grocery bill is cut in half lol.  My son has wanted to join the navy since he was 13.  I have had a lot of time to prepare.  So mamasan, is this your oldest child?  mine is an only.  I am now a stay at home mom with no kids.  You would think my house would be cleaner:)

I really miss all the action with friends over all the time.  Its really quiet around here.

Well, I'm feeling the loss, but honestly not much quieter...he kind of was a solitary guy anyway.  This is going to be quite an adjustment for him.  I still have three at home, he was the first to go.  Its going to start going pretty quick now...just like when they arrived.  It was the two year plan, 18, 16, 14, 12.  The interest in the Navy only came during the past two years or so.  I'm happy that he had the maturity and determination to come this far...he's pretty young after all.  It seems like alot of the other 4/809'ers are a bit older.

I thought they were a bit older too. When he went away to college I was a mess.  I don't know if it really gets easier but you learn to deal.  I look at it as he is following a dream and as hard as it is, I am not going to stand in the way.  I know that the groups all look out for and help each other. 
My hubby is in ship 04 div 809 too!  Thanks for starting this!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service