This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

I am on every link on all these sites and getting so confused.  I'd like to know how long BC lasts......some say 7-9 weeks and my son tells me 8. I'd like to know as I would love to be there when he graduates.  I thought I read somewhere that the Navy provides the airfare and that hotel accomidations are my responsiblity.  I am just so confused and my job is kinda strict when it comes to taking time off.  Is there any way to find out if I have to purchase airfare/hotel for the ceremony?  And how long he will be in BC......like an approximate time frame.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views: 320

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Melanie

Yes I am a very spiritual person and I do believe in God and prays. I only have 1 week vacation and I am sure someone else is scheduled for that week off. Like I said maybe they will find it in their heart to allow me to go also. I just went nuts trying to get onto the internet.  Again it went down this morning and by the grace of God it just came up for me to reply. Just so hard doing it on my iphone. 

Let's just say I work at a very famous "Cheese Steak" establishment.  and they have very strict rules.  But as I said .....it's not like the place will fall apart if I take a few days off.  I do have a positive attitude that all will work out and I would love to be there and meet you face to face also.  I do have faith that it will all fall into place ....but you just never know.

He finally contacted me and understands that I don't have the time to find a hall for a big party and he told me that he never  wanted a party in a hall or anything, just a get-together.  However I will have to do this a week before he leaves and on my day off. 

I texted my daughters gf who is also like my second daughter who makes cakes for extra money being a stay at home mom right now.  I went crazy last night looking for ideas for a cake and after I messaged her she found a perfect cake and is going to make for the party.  I am so happy about that and love the cake.  I will try to send you a copy of it ....it's so kewl!

I have to say today I met a new Sailor today at my job and he made me feel so good.  My co-worker said to me Kathie look and it was a young Sailor in uniform with his Gf......he came to my window not to purchase anything but to introduce himself to me.  Such a handsome young man .and I told him that he leaves for BC in 25 days.  He said he will be fine and treated well and that it will all work out great.  He too is now attending the same school that Joey supposedly will be attending doing the exact same job/schooling.  His gf was so sweet too telling me to write alot (which of course I intend to do). He shook my hand and wished me and Joey the best.  It made me feel so good but of course I started crying in work. (I know they saw me crying) they how much this means to me to attend SIR.  Put like you said I am keeping the faith and hopefully I will be able to attend graduation and get to meet you.

Your little family vacation sounds great. God Bless.....and Im sure all will go great and definitely something they will always remember. 

Sorry so long with this message.......I don't know if my internet will go down again and im sure it will.......thanks for being a "new Navy mom"  and I look forward to a long friendship.

PS going to try to send you a picture of the cake......oOo please internet dont go down now......

You hang in there too and keep in touch.......my thoughts are with you and yours also..... :)

I'd love to see a picture of the cake. But don't stress over it, you have enough to worry about. You gave me an idea though, My son loves chocolate cake so I think I will have my mom bake  him a big huge chocolate chocolate cake. And put "Anchors Away" on it too. I did not even think of the Thanks for the idea. I think I start looking around for some cool sailor  cake decorations. 

It sounds like the visit from the Sailor at your work was a message that things will be ok. Don't worry about the tears, it just shows your are human, and love your son very much. 

Keep the faith in your heart and try not to doubt, no sense in worrying about things that have not happened. 

Take care

Melanie

internet keeps going down......can't find it on my iphone......looking for an app to the site....hope you see the picture of the cake

Oh I love it.... that is so awesome. LOL. I am sure Joey will love that. 

Somewhere on this sight I remember seeing a countdown of what the recruits due week by week.  It was spelled out like W1D1, and went through all the weeks.  Now I can find it. Can anyone help me find it?

Hi Mat's mom. I know what you mean I saw it a while back but I can't find it either. 

I did find this one on P-Week. http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/1799199040?profi...

I thought the other one was on the bootcamp web site. 

http://www.bootcamp.navy.mil/index.asp

Thank you those are great. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service