This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Hi Mom's

My son is scheduled  for PIR on 2/4/11 an assigned to ship 11 div 061. I could not find any groups for moms who's sons are assigned to ship 11 div 61. Sooo I am hoping we could get together here and compare notes from our sons.  I dont know much about this division, I have read from other moms that certain divisions mean certain things.  Well I hope to hear from you guys :)

Views: 574

Replies to This Discussion

Some of us ordered scarfs from there. They are not plain yellow, that are yellow/cream striped. Also, it is a 'ships wheel', not an anchor (but they do have anchor scarves, they are red/white.)

My husband also said he will try and wear something yellow, so i am hoping that between us, we will be bright enough.)))

Potsie-looked back and noticed it's not an anchor, but a ships wheel on it.  Sorry!  I'm going to look at the local craft store for a nautical theme to sew on. 

Morning Ladies!  I ordered my scarf from LL Bean too.  I looked for two straight days in every store within a 30 mile radius of my house and there are no yellow scarves anywhere.  When I asked the store clerks if they have any yellow scarves, they all looked at me like I had a third eye.  They said, "No, we won't get anything spring like in for a while yet...this is MN afterall."  I just learned to go with the flow and let it roll off my back knowing that I could always order the one from LL Bean - which I did.  Should get it in a few days.  I bought my husband and my son each yellow ties (much easier to find) that had blue in them so they can wear blue dress shirts. We are gonna ROCK and look HOT!!!  LOL.

Pamela-that's what we do too. We have a note pad by the phone and we write down what we need to ask our recruit.  When  he answers the question we write down the answer, etc.  Works a whole lot easier than the snail mail.

Look how far we've come ladies!  Only 26 more days!  My heart just pounds with excitement just thinking about it. 

Hi ladies, Just wanted to let you know, if you happen to want a Navy anchor patch, to sew or iron on your scarves go on e-bay.  Just type in the search Navy anchor patch.  There are 3 pages of them.  Hope this info is informative.   
Im going to check them out tonight.!! Thanks Pamela
Potsie- your welcome!  I just won a yellow cashmere scarf on e-bay.  Now to just win the patches I want!  Have you gotten any new letters from your SR?  We haven't.  Hopefully one will come today.  Or better yet, a call!  It's snowing like crazy here in NC!  Looks so pretty out there.  It's probably what it's like up in GL all the time.  We still don't know yet, if our SR is G&G or not.  That's the biggest question I have for him.  I'm pretty sure we will drive up there.  It's 750 miles for us.  My hubby is taking that week off for vacation.  That way if there is a snow storm heading up that way at that time, we can stay ahead of it.  I'm so afraid to have a flight cancelled or delayed and miss his graduation.  We'd be so upset!!  And I know he would be too.  He'd be looking for us and we wouldn't be there.  That would be so awful. 

Hey moms-- Did any of you order the ribbons from LaLa?  I didnt.  I was going to and even sent her a friend request for the info, but after going to ebay like Pamela did (thanks pamela), i saw so may cute patches (iron on , yayyy), that i think i might do that. I might add to the scarf. Plus, my sons girlfriend is very artistic (she is moving to Connecticut to attend art school, yayy, my son wont be lonely), and she said we can maybe make our own ribbons. 

I know its early yet, but im getting excited. Already putting stuff aside for packing (him and us).

I ordered them, but haven't gotten them yet.

Potsie- I ordered mine patches this morning!  They are really nice.  I ordered 2 so that I can put one on each side of the scarf.  They're coming from Thailand!  But, the estimated delivery date is Jan24-31st.  So, I should have them in plenty of time.  Lots of times the items arrive a lot earlier than expected.  Good luck if you decide to order some. 

Hey ladies")))

Dont know if you saw my post on the schedule or if you guys got schedules too, but he also marked the 20th as a phone call day and the 2nd  (after BS21) !!! I hope they do well.

Also, he wrote me about the funniest story that happened. I was laughing hysterically. 

I hope they do well in the Capt's Cup also.

He also said he will mail me a bunch of mail he has accumulated, i  guess hes running out of room.

I miss him so much.

They are getting photos taken on Fri.  I cant wait to get them. 

Our sailors are going to look so handsome :)))

Let's hope that our sons/daughters division earns a call!!  I hate to have to wait a whole week from today to hear from him again!  I'm really missing my boy!  Hope to get a letter soon too.  It's been a while.  Maybe all this snow and ice is slowing mail down.  No school at all so far this week.  Tomorrow has already been cancelled.  How crazy is that? 

Potsie,  Thanks for the info on the specific dates you got in your letter.  So appreciated!  Gives me something to look forward to.  Only 3 more weeks from Friday!  So anxious. 

My son is in Div 62 Ship 11.  Scheduled for PIR 2-4-2011.  Where are you guys from?  We live in Nebraska.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service