This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

I have been thinking about visiting my Fiance at A-school before he leaves Pensacola. I haven't been getting much info on how that works. Will I be able to spend time with him after classes which is usually around 5 PM or so and on weekends how exactly can he leave base?  He told me about something called over night chits but I don't know any real info on how that works. Is it always approved? Since my trip will be centered around the weekend he doesn't have duty which allows him to be more avail.

Someone mentioned something about being a buddy? What is that?

I'll be about in my mid 30s week of pregnancy so I don't want to be to overwhelmed by the possibility of not getting to spend that much time with him. He is expected to Graduate by late April early May and since leave isn't a "for sure" deal after A-school this visit would be great for us.

Quick Question: A girlfriend of mine  is marrying her sailor in Pensacola around that time in fact we are going up there together since I can't drive especially not alone. She's nervous about not having any time to get married, since her guy ends his day late and the court house closes at 5. So when he is filling out his marriage chit, and it is approved. Is there any consideration? Is he allowed to leave a bit early on that day?  I told her it certainly shouldn't be impossible he isn't the first one to get married up there and others have done it, but I can't be to helpful since Idk mself.

Anyone who married in P-cola who can give me more insight would be great.

Views: 518

Replies to This Discussion

Hey! I am visiting my boyfriend in A school tomorrow in Mississipii and what he did was requested a over night stay outside of base but needed it to be approved with a liberty buddy, both have to request and get it approved a few days before you want to go. His friend is being cool about it and rented a room at the same hotel we are staying. So if that's the case, he needs a liberty buddy for the overnight stay. Plus if u have plenty of time most bases haw hotels on base you can stay at but that takes longer to get approved! Hope that helps!

A liberty buddy? Hmmm Okay thanks for the info, I didn't really know.

I was hearing other women mention being their Sailors buddies or the mothers, I really didn't know how that worked.

It can only be immediate family, so a parent or spouse, not girlfriend or fiancé, or another Sailor, for a liberty buddy. In your case your friend's fiancé and yours could request to be liberty buddies

Hey,  my sailor was in A school in Pcola up until Nov. and I visited him twice during his stay and then to attend the graduation and take him home for leave.  It really depends on the Phase that they are in.  The 1st time I visited he was in Phase 2 which means he couldn't stay overnight.  He had to back by 12am and then I picked him up around 6am. I was his liberty buddy and I had to sign him out and back in (he is my boyfriend).  The second time I visited was Phase 3 and I picked him up from base on Friday around 4 pm and signed him out and he didn't have to return until 10pm Sunday night.  Feel free to ask me any questions...we had a blast there....He is now deployed since his leave in Nov....

So you got to be his buddy as GF? I would love more info. adding you if you don't mind.

He needs to ask his LPOs and people in charge of his barracks to see if they will let his girlfriend sign him out. The first day I went they only let me sign him out because the LPO said we could to get married but said otherwise they wouldnt allow me to. As far as overnight they can leave for the weekend if they are in phase 3 otherwise they have to be back like the other poster said. I have mostly been told that its not allowed typically for anyone other than a spouse or family member to take them. And def dont lie about it. They dont want to find out later he married his cousin ya know? I have heard of girls trying to do that too. Not saying you would just warning :)

As far as the other girl she needs to tell her sailor to talk to his LPOs and whatnot. Thats a determination for them yet again. My husband got out of class at three the day that we got married, but not all barracks announce liberty at that time. My fiancee got to leave the barracks early but it was still after classes. To get married the same day they have to be at the courthouse by 4! even though it closes at five to get married the same day you fill out the paperwork thats the rules. If either of them is a FL resident they will have to wait three days I think so that needs to be taken into consideration as well.

Again, it can be 100% different for your sailors then it was for mine because they are in different barracks, new rules, different LPOs, so many different things. So a little longwinded but most of this stuff is going to fall on your sailors to get sorted out. My husband filled out an overnight chit and was about to be in phase 3 and it was the weekend after we were getting married and they still denied it. I still got to pick him up though. I took him back at midnight and picked him back up at 430 am.

ps if I wasnt clear 100% my sailor was in pcola for A school. I am a bit drugged up because I am sick so I just wanted to clarify lol.

What was his rate? My sailor is a CTT

When it comes to doing these things he is so laid back it drives me insane. So all of these little details, I'm sure he hasn't even taken them into consideration. I am going to just burst tonight while talking to him..

Ooh Forgot to say Thank You Meagan and everyone else. :)

My husband was AM but I think it was a barracks thing for him not a rate thing. He had to get permission through the chief or an LPO or something in charge of the barracks lol.

Yeah my sailor was too. I sort of kicked his butt into gear. I told him I was done with him not putting any effort into doing the things only he can do since I do everything else. I told him even if he wasnt allowed to leave base because of his own fault I wouldnt mind going to the beach by myself lol. 

but I would certainly suggest if he can have him sign out with your friends sailor if he cant get the chit approved. Be warned though they do need to stick together if they sign out as buddies. If something happens to either of them and their buddy is not with them they can get into a lot of trouble.

Oh okay, well I am kind of upset now. Since he just told me he has 3 PT days out of the week which leave only Tues or Fri so I am kind of turned off to the whole idea now.

My friend is only staying till Wednesday or whatever so at this point it is not going to work for me.

yeah they usually PT three days out of the week.. but for my sailor they were always before class at like 430 am and only lasted about and hour.

His PT is after class for him so

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service