This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

My fiance left for book camp about a week ago from tomorrow. It has been so hard on me and it is only week 1. I have been so lonely without him. I have already started writing letters to him though I am waiting for an address to send it to. Maybe if I made some friends going through the same thing, it would help. Also, we plan to get married after his submarine school and "A" school. Has anyone else gotten married after "A" school? If so, I would love some advice.

Thanks in advance! :)

Views: 340

Replies to This Discussion

My fiance left for boot over a couple of weeks ago, I think we will marry during A school. It's been challenging but it gets better, when you get that phone call, it gets so much easier (I got mine after 2 weeks!). Also, when you get the form letter with his PIR and address, you will feel less scattered, I did! I'm planning my trip to PIR and I'm excited because I can look forward to seeing him on a certain date. I started writing my sailor the day he left, the first letter I mailed him was a little book ;). It gets easier, I promise. Feel free to message me, I'd love to be in touch with another lady who is going through the same feelings and challenges. 

Best!

I agree with you. The moment that I know his PIR date, I will feel way better. I also started writing him letters a bit ago. So far I have like 5. Do you know if there are any restrictions on what envelopes to use? I've heard that there are, but I'm not sure. Also, when did you get his letter? Was it after a week?

My boyfriend left for boot camp April 29th. The first few weeks were so hard, I cried all the time. But once you hear his voice you'll know it's all worth it. It does get better, trust me. I can't believe it's been over a month already! Once you start getting letters you have something to look forward to every week. I write him every day and I'm always thinking about him. And even though it's hard to be away from him I know it'll all be worth it. Hang in there! The women on this site are so helpful and there's so much information, it's amazing!

If you need someone to talk to, you can always message me. It's nice to have girls to talk to who know exactly what you're going through. Stay strong and good luck! (:

i agree that there are helpful people on this site. I am so glad that I joined. Ya, I have definitely cried a few times. Even on my breaks at work whenever I would watch videos of the two of us. It's going to be hard for me to adjust to this lifestyle. I miss seeing him all the time. We had so many inside jokes and fun times. The moment that I remember it, I cry. Btw, when do they know exactly what will happen after graduation? Does he know when he moves on to the next thing or whether he gets to go home for a short time? My fiance will be going to submarine training and then "A" school. But I am really not sure of when he leaves for sub school... I'll probably also feel better when I find that out.

It'll get better. I used to be the same way, I cried over everything, just thinking about him made me cry. But I'm 4 1/2 weeks in now and I don't cry nearly as much. It just takes time to get used to him being gone. I'm pretty sure they leave for "A" school right after boot camp. PIR (graduation) is on a Friday and if they stay in Great Lakes for "A" school they get like an hour liberty and then have to set up at "A" school but then have the whole weekend for liberty. If they're going somewhere else for "A" school, my boyfriend is going to SC, then they usually fly out the next day, on Saturday. They get all of Friday for liberty and you can see them at the airport Saturday before they fly out.

Hi NavyFiance2014

Write write write! Write about your day, your feelings and how you miss your fiance. My husband finished boot camp on March 15 and is currently in A school. Of course you are going to miss your fiance and feel lonely but remember this time apart will make your relationship stronger. During boot camp I hung out with friends, his family and worked out (it was my new hobby) it help me to get through those 2 months. This site was great help and made new friends I was able to meet at his PIR. 

My sailor and I got married during A school so I do not have any advice on getting married after. 

Hope this helps! 

Yep. I've been writing him a lot. Just waiting to get his address. Congrats on getting married by the way. I have also been making videos on my camera that he will get to see in sub school. Somehow, talking about my day on there helps a lot too. Thanks for the advice. :)

So I am going through the same thing. My fiance left on May 7th and I write him everyday and I will admit it was really hard the first week and after his P-days I got a phone call from him on sautrday and it just made my whole day even though I was crying on the phone. But do something to keep yourself busy like right now my fiance (Jake) and I plan to get married when he comes back from his "A" school in p-cola which will be in August and I have kept my mind busy planning for that and spending it with family and friends. I have no one who has gone through this and its very hard for them to relate to what I'm going through but the phone calls that I get are amazing. And also as far as an address you will get one like in a week or so from when he left its really 10 days but it could be sooner or later. And that letter will have his graduation date on it and who he is inviting to the graduation ceremony and a return address which isn't really where he is but it will get to him. If he chooses to write you he should put a return address which the letter you send him will get to him quicker with that one.

Ya, I can't wait for his call. I miss him so much. I am looking at some wedding stuff now, which is helping a little. When you spoke to him on the phone, was it for a decent amount of time or a short phone call? I agree though, I have talked to some people that I know about it, and all they can say is it has to be hard. I don't blame them for not fully understanding. You have to be in this situation to fully get it. So, part of my expectations for this site is to make new friends going through the same thing. I'm so glad that I joined the site. Glad to know that I'm not alone.

Yea the first phone call to be honest was like 6 minutes but that was because his group was running behind that day and he wasn't able to talk for that long, But the second phone call was about 30 minutes he said that he gets like 60 minutes and 15 for each his mom and dad and 30 for me I can't complain that much. But yea I have fully put myself in my wedding planning and have kept him in mind and since we didn't actualy plan on getting married till like October of 2014 I'm glad that I have gotten this far. Yea I have one friend who he husband is in the Army and she is close in age to me but they didn't even get engaged till he was already in and he was stationed in Germany. The best advice to give him and the best thing to do is write him everyday (maybe not mail it everyday) and tell him everything that happened that day even if you didn't do anything I write my fiance even if I just get off the phone with him I still write him and he says that it helps and takes his mind off of things for a while and just thinks about me, but he thinks about me all the time LOL. But message me if you want to talk and help eachother through this.

Rikki

Btw, did you get a call when he got there? I never did get one from Collin and nor did his mother

Sorry for the delay, but yes I did get one. It was only like a minute long and he could only make one phone call, but depending on the person he could have texted someone or sent them an email, I know my fiance said that some people did that if they weren't sure if their families were awake. And when did he leave?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service