This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Fifirecruit liked Momof2sailors's discussion Sandbox information
yesterday

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

I would like to know if there is classes that we will have to take to get married while he is at A school. My soon to be mother-in-law told me that there is classes that we would have to take before they will let us get married. I'm trying to plan a trip to see him in Dec....Hoping that we could get married while I am there. There is just a lot that I dont understand yet.

Views: 159

Replies to This Discussion

How long have you been married? I dont know where she got her infomation.

You don't have to take a course, he might.  Family Service Center does offer classes for new wives, but that's your choice later.

She told me a finance class and another one. I just dont know where she is getting her infomation. Is there any type of wating period after you talk to the chaplain and get the paperwork done?

Some places have like a waiting period. When we got married we got the license an could married like 24 hours later or something like that, that was in New Orleans though. Look up the states courthouse website online an it will usually tell you.
As far as your mother-in-law don't listen to her. They all like to think they know more about the navy than we do. Most of them don't! mine tried to tell me when my husband was In a-school if I went to visit they would search my car an I had to have one of his relatives with me!? Crazy huh? Yea all lies!

I wouldn't listen to your soon to be mother in law.....what ever info she has is old info.

As Anti M said...HE may have to take classes...NO ONE can require YOU to take classes...why you might ask....you aren't in the military...so you don't have to follow orders.  HE DOES!

If he is in Great Lakes, he will be required to take a class or two and fill out paper work...if you want to get married in Dec...he better do that all NOW!!!! As it can take two months to get everything done.

What A school? My hubby didnt have to take a class. He should have talked to the chaplain but there were mix ups and he didnt. Depending on the state some have marriage classes (like Fl will waive the waiting period for residents who take the class and lower the fee for takng the class) But in FL if both of you are not residence there is no waiting period. He probably should put in a chit for it. Have him ask him instructors what paperwork he needs for his command. Make sure he asks and does not brush it off. My husband has quickly learned I know more than he does about how to get things done becuase of this site, my own research, and friends that recently got out. But things do change all the time with the navy.

He is at Groton right now. I'm sure that he would have to, but i tried to tell her that i have never hear me having to take classes. We have a child together as well. I also have another child from someone else, but he has been there the whole time.

I would try to see if you can find a page specific to his A school for any specifics but like stated before no one can make you take any classes. So no couple courses would be required. After you get married a great resource would be Compass Class. I learned so much there and it would have been super helpful to have some of the info I got there beforehand. Best of luck!

Don't waste your breath trying to explain things to either...all it will do is stress you out, lol!  Just smile at her and thank her for her help

my daughter and son in law had marriage counseling with their pastor before they left.  Their choice to do so.  He had A school in San Antonio and they were not required to take a course - he did have to take a course in finance when he first got there, but not because he was getting married. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service