This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

I guess I'm just having one of those days. I miss my boyfriend a lot. I used to do everything with him and I'm still trying to get used to him not being here. It's been three weeks since he left for boot camp and his graduation is May 31st. He's called me the last two Saturdays and it made me happy. I got two letters so far and he send he was going to send another one out this week. I'm trying my hardest to get to his graduation seeing I told him I would be there. My dad and I are trying to save up money to go. He said that if I can't make it that it's okay but I feel bad about it. I don't really have anyone to talk too and I would love to meet some new people on here so I have people to talk too. I hope someone sees this and replies.

Views: 211

Replies to This Discussion

My friends understand but sometimes when they say they can't see their boyfriends it's like um...can we not talk about this please? haha. My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and almost two months. It's just so stressful and I know when we talk on the phone he can hear it in my voice and I don't want to bring him down with my sad moods. I write to him everyday but it's not the same. I'm 19 and my boyfriends 18. He told me he's basically the youngest one in his division and all the rest are in their mid 20's. I miss him so much but I try to stay postive and strong!

The last time he called me I was crying so bad. He told me to stop crying and that everything is going to be alright. My mom had bought him about 13 stamps so I better be getting some letters back! haha. I know I can do this now because I got my first phone call and letters. I knew those were going to be the things that would help me through this. Even I can't read his handwriting. I wasn't expecting another phone call for a couple of weeks.

Hey!

I have one of those days...every day ! haha i LITTERALY did everything with him, to the point that there were some days that i didn't want to go to school alone and i would drag him with me! the only thing we didn't do together was live together but we spent so much time we might as well have been! I bet you can relate! (: haha My boyfriend also graduates May 31st! and then he leaves to Pensacola! What division is your boyfriend in!? mine is in ship12/div208. I got one letter from him and his mom got one also I miss him like crazy! lucky you got two phone calls! ): I've only gotten one since he got his wisdom teeth out last saturday and wasn't allowed to call ): !! I also was worried about not making it to graduation, idk where you live but spirit has right now some REALLY great prices! i got my ticket from Florida to GL for 117 round trip! you should check it out (: !! if you need anyone to talk you got me! theres nothing worse than feeling like your going through this alone! but just remember you aren't I'm here along with every other girlfriend/ wife/ fiancee etc missing their SR <3

My boyfriend is ship 09/206. I live in Maine. My dad was going to drive down but he thought airplane would be easier. I've never been on an airplane before so I'm kinda scared. I'll look into the spirit thing right now! I know we can get a nice hotel for 260 dollars for three nights so that's not the problem, it was the airplane tickets that was killing us haha.

Yeah you have to keep checking the prices ! they change constantly!! I was on it for about 2 weeks before the prices dropped! and they dropped like crazy!! We booked a hotel for $200.38 less than a mile away from the base for 3 nights! so you can find really good deals everywhere you just have to click through a few pages (: ! and if you call and ask for the military rate because you r going to the graduation, they usually make it even cheaper!

Oh wow! Yeah the airline that you told me about doesn't have an airport close to me. My dad won't want to travel to Boston after everything that has happened down there. And we want a hotel near the base so we dont have to drive too far. Ive been looking on the Kayak airline prices too. But they all say flying out of Boston is the cheapest way.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service