This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Okay so I posted this because I feel that I am getting all sorts of conflicting information which is terribly frustrating

My fiencee and I have been engaged for well over a year but about six months in to the engagment he told me that he wanted to join the navy. Shocked, we agreed that it would be the best thing for him. The snag is that the recruter told him not to get married until after basic, that he himself got married the day after baisc and it was okay and good. Now as I am reading everything I am seeing that because he has to report to TX he will graduate on Friday and have to leave on that Saturday to get to TX which does not leave us time to get married. I am not really sure what to do, and I know that there has to be somebody else in a similar sitaution as we are so hopefully we can just get some advice about what and how to do all this so I will be in his final moving orders afte school.  

please, please, please any and all advice that you have is helpful. Thanks in advance! <3 Shannon

Views: 593

Replies to This Discussion

I just saw this today because I turned off e-mail notifications and I want to let you guys know that this information has been an absolute blessing! I think that when I posted this I was in information overload which caused me to get a lot more stressed out than I had to be but really you guys have helped calm my nerves a lot! I think that this time when we can not be married is a little more trying than it has to be because I was so ready to get married and we are just at a standstill, but even now I can see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel which has helped a lot. (Really though, I am learning how to compromise, which is awesome to learn before a wedding anyway.)  I mean either way we're getting married and a little time without Tim in NC won't hurt because I can super focus on work, getting a work from home contract, and saving as much as I can for things that we are going to need once we move.  So thank you all again, and Auntie M thanks for the links for the license information. I was looking in all the wrong places for that information.

See? You're getting a hold on the flexibility of being a Navy spouse already!  You'll be fine, and then you can guide the new brides.

I've gotten very good at googling for answers.  Marriage license info is always online, you just have to figure out the county, and to look for the county clerk site, then find the drop down menus or the site index.  Piece of cake.  Now googling for Navy regulations... that sucks, because a lot of it is not online, or is restricted access.  

Hahaha, I am slowly finding that out. Tim has his 30 day out on Monday or Tuesday (it was supposed to be at the meeting on Thursday but with the Holiday the CO was out) and he is supposed to get the information for where and how he will need to fill out the paperwork with the Navy so we can get married. I am seeing that there is a lot of 'red tape' to cross, but really in the end it's so worth it!

That webpage with all the county information was amazing! I found out that pretty much I only will need him to sign a paper while at the notary and say 'I do.' All of those things I truly feel that he can accomplish while being in school and not feel guilty about taking him away from the books. :) I feel that as a planner I finally have all the information that I need on my end to make that happen and it is a huge weight off my shoulders.

:)

Hubby flew home december 28th in the morning..we went right to the town clerks and did the paperwork..it was one sheet and the lady did it on the computer and just asked the info like name, place or birth, license birth certificate and social, occupation, parents place of birth, real simple stuff . We signed it and payed the $40. In New York there is a 24 waiting period so we went and enjoyed the day and the following day ,had a 12min ceremony (my bro in law timed it) at the justice of peace down the street from our houses. And had a nice dinner afterwards with the ppl that were there, our parents, his brother and his wife, my one brother and my maid of honor. My other brother couldn't take leave in time... It was so nice and simple! We wanted a big wedding but when it cane down to planning I couldn't do it..my family is huge. My mother is Albanian, every one of our weddings is like My Big Fat Greek Wedding times 3. Lol my dads American his family isn't that big, neither is my husbands but we figured if we did it at the JOP it would make our life easier and it has now that I'm his wife lol I will tell you in NY you have to Call the judge yourself a week or more ahead of time and get married when he or she is available to do so. I called the judge and he was like well how it the 29th at 1pm? Haha I was perfect. Called my husband and told him we were getting married on that date and time, which was perfect cause he came home on the 28th. Lol he was happy he just had to show up lol Shannon I'm happy for you that you are learning everything!! Best of luck to you :)

Thanks, I feel like with Tim leaving I have been so focused on just getting him ready (making sure the book is checked off and making sure that he goes through his stuff and is giving to GCF because our lease will run out while he's away and to save money I am moving in with some friends of ours) that I keep forgetting to check this forum. Sorry abut the late response on this.

Tim's friend is a minister and he offered to fly to TX and marry us, which is something that I am seriously considering. Everything is slowly falling into place. Thanks Missing for the information, I really appreciate it and I am glad that you were able to make your wedding unique! :)

how can i apply for a marriage license? my fiance and i plan to get married when he goes to a school in san antonio. he just left to bootcamp on wednesday!

Ashley the links that Auntie M tell you everything you need to know, they were I think the 2nd or third comment she left.

Thanks

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service