This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Our son left today for boot camp. We were at MEPS and able to be there for his swearing in. It was just him and us, so a very personal event. Glad we could be there and see him off. So very proud!!

Views: 221

Replies to This Discussion

Our daughter left August 9, yesterday!  There were quite a few kids but not as much family there to see the swearing in at MEPS.  It was so proud I could have popped!  And then, I cried for a really long time.....

Hey There,

Congrats on your daughters shipping out! So glad you were there for her, I know,we saw alot of kids without family for their swearing in. I have to admit I didn't cry much, it was more a sense of relief as our son was a bit of a challenge this past year. I know he is where he needs to be and will a much better man for this experience. We are so very proud and can't wait to send him letters. Keep in touch, and good luck to you all!

my son left on the 9th from WY.  He went to Denver with his recruiter and one other recruit, a girl he went to high school with.  He called me at 1 am this morning saying I should hear from him in about a week, and he was headed in to bootcamp.  It didnt hit me til this morning when I woke up.  I had been telling him for months to clean his room and get organized.  The morning he left  he looked around his room and told me he should have packed up his room!!  I have been saying that for months!!
Congrats to you and your family! My son decided to pack up his room just a few days before he left. I mentioned it a few weeks ago and he said no, but then HE decided to do it. I think he just threw everything away lol!! Boys!! I wish you well and so proud of your son for joining!
My son left on Aug 8 for boot camp.  I  got my phone call at 9:23 to say he arrived safely at GL.  Miss him~the box arrived via FedEx today!

Hi Spencer's Mom,

Maybe our son's will be together? We're in California and were surprised to get our phone call at 9:00pm our time (11pm @ GL) that he was there and doing good Monday night.  We shouldn't receive a box since our son went with clothes and shoes to donate and just his wallet with the items and info he could take. We decided to play it safe and send him with minimal items. Looking forward to the "form" letter with his ship and class info on it. I'm starting to write things that are happening at home daily so I won't forget and can send his first letter to him as soon as I get his address. My husband is having a little more difficulty than me, funny how that works! I'm fine because I know this is right for him and so does my husband. He just wants to be the mouse in the corner giving the "atta boy"! 

Wishing you all positive thoughts and strength for you and our brave kids!

Cheryl

Our sons might be together ~ I have found out that my son is 7/327 with a PIR date of 9/30.  Hope you have received your form letter with his official address!!  The box was hard to get from the FedEx man but the form letter was a turning point for me because my SR was able to include a short personal message!  He said he was well and LOVES IT there!  How can I not be happy for him~~he chose this journey and I am thrilled that he is happy so far!!

Sending you positive thoughts for peace and strength as your kids take this journey together :) 

Spencer's Mom

We don't have our daughter's box yet, although she also left 8/9.  Hopefully it comes on Monday!

That must mean I will get a box on monday.  I havent received anything yet.

Our daugher left on 8/8! Unfortunately we were not able to be there for her swearing as we live about 3 hours from the MEPS and she had to spend the night in El Paso before going to MEPS. Thankfully though, her recruiter allowed us to drive her from the recruiting station in Las Cruces to El Paso, which they don't normally do. I guess it paid off serving for five years. He told me, I am only doing this as one sailor to another.
This last week has been hard on me. I thought I was ready to let her go but I wasn't really. Are we ever???? Her five siblings have done pretty well except her 9 yr old sister. She has had a super rough time of it but I think she is finally adjusting to her sister not being here.
I got her box and letter today and was so excited to find out she is in DIV 947. My husband, who also served in the Navy, and I both were encouraging her to speak up about her band, marching, drill and drum major experiences if asked and be a part of the 900 division. She was telling us she wanted to be a part of a regular division but I guess she changed her mind once she got there!
Congratulations to all of the other parents with children at BC right now! It is hard but I can tell you from personal experience, it goes fast and you realize it is not as hard as you thought it was going to be!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service