This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Hello to all!  I got my letter today and was wondering who else out there is in Ship 13 Div 330 with a PIR of 10/1/2010. 

Views: 202

Replies to This Discussion

Hey reeniegalla! Hang in there I bet your letter will arrive soon! I think her PIR date will be 10/1 like ours! I saw a link somewhere where you could go see all the DIV graduating on the 1st, but can't remember where! lol Like so many other things I have read! lol
I hope your letter is at home waiting for you too! Although I still have not received his box. lol Oh well the letter is way better than a box full of dirty clothes! He did write at the bottom of the last page. He said that it was pretty cool there and that there are about 75 other guys in his division. He said that he loved us and bye! Short but oh so sweet!!!!! For future reference we are not supposed to put our sons full name on here unless it is in a private e-mail~ Too many rules to remember! I have had a pretty good week! Hard at times but my job keeps me pretty busy! I have already made my reservations for graduation. I made them at the Red Carpet Inn. It is only 1 mile from the base and costs $65/night. I am a little anxious, can you tell?? lol Hope you have a good rest of the day and hope that letter is waiting for you!
Hi All! Janet here from Colorado Springs. My son David is also Ship 13/Div 330. I got the form letter today along with his 4 line note. He said they only had 4 minutes to write, that bootcamp was rough so far, that the information on graduation was in the letter and that he missed and loved me. That was it! Not much info. I sent him a stack of letters today, so hopefully I'll hear more from him very soon. Glad to know be is at least setteled in with his division. This has been a long first week! Still a little anxious.
Jmom so glad your letter was waiting for you yesterday. So sad about Becky's son! I do not understand how they get that far through the DEP program with a condition but looks like it happens. I bet they are so tired when their head hits the pillow that they could sleep on the floor if that was all there was. lol I have several letters that I am sending today. I will be waiting anxiously for the mail tomorrow! Hopefully we will have a letter then. Hope you have a great day. I have to take my other son to football practice and work all day!
Hello Janet! So glad your son son is in our DIV. It is a relief to know that they have settled in and learning who is in their DIV. You are so right this HAS been a stressful week. But I felt so much better yesterday when I got the letter and then the box. Hopefully the next few weeks will fly by. Alot of info on this site if you haven't already figured it out. Once again welcome!!!!! Hope you have a great day!
Hello ladies! I hope you are having a great day!
Me too! I can hardly wait!!!!!! I almost don't want to go to work tomorrow! But I must! lol Have had a good day. My son had football practice this morning! I mailed like 6 letters and a card to my son. (I put all the letters in one envelope) lol Just helps having an address to mail somehting to!
Hello to everyone in Ship 13/Div 330. This is my first post but I have been reading many and it has certainly been helpful. Thank you to all of your for the information and for sharing your feelings. Most importantly, it's nice to know the feelings we have are NORMAL.
I got my letter this morning in the mail and sent out his first couple of letters I wrote. It was nice to finally get his address and to read his sweet message at the bottom. I was not expecting that so it was certainly a great way to start my day. I will go look for some humerous cards tomorrow. I did a little research already on flights to Chicago and refundable flights seem to be 2 1/2 times the cost of a regular one. I may just go ahead and book my flight non-refundable and take the risk.
Welcome Twin Falls Navy Mom! So glad you decided to join us. Yes the feelings are normal. I was just glad to have others that understood what I was going through. I have friends that are supportive but they don't understand how this really feels. They are telling me that it is just like he is away to college. And I say no it isn't. I can't pick up the phone and call or go see him. I guess what I am saying is that it is nice to know that there are other moms that are having all of the same feelings that I am and that understand how I really feel. We are driving to Great Lakes for graduation so flights are not a worry. I would also recommend that you look into a motel because I read where the motels closest to the base fill up pretty fast. I have already reserved my rooms at the Red Carpet Inn (1 mile from base). I am thinking I can walk that to meet my son. lol Once again welcome to our group and if you have any questions ask, if we don't know we will find it or ask someone else. lol What job does your son have? Mine is a GM. Hope you have a great day!
Thank you Sondra. I appreciate the welcome. I too have heard our experience compared to college. It is not the same in so many ways. Just getting his address has been a huge relief to me and I can't wait to receive a call. I worry I will miss it though. Thanks for the info on the hotel. I plan on booking something in the next couple of days too. I am still learning the site and the terms, but Michael is in the submarine electronic computer field program. What does GM stand for in military terms?
A GM is a gunners mate. I was just wondering what kind of jobs everyone had in the div. I don't guess they are placed by jobs. I will have to look into that. lol
My son is an MM (Machinist's Mate), submarines. Basically an engineer (jack of all trades they say).

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service