This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Anyone else with a Sailor in A School, Class 1107B. Let's keep each other updated as to what's going on!

Views: 33

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all - my son PIR'd on 11/5 and is now in Nuke A School, Class 1107B. Classes started Monday 11/22 and it sounds like things are going well so far. He said the class has about 21 students, so it's a nice sized group. Can't wait to see him over the holidays. This year's holidays will be quite a bit more festive as he's getting married when home on leave. Wow, can't believe he's starting his own life and his own family now. Anyhoooooo - let's keep in touch and compare notes on A School goings-on. I find I learn the most interesting and useful information on this site.
Hello. My son is also in Class 1107B. Things sound hectic but it sounds like so far the classes aren't too difficult, just time consuming. He went to Thanksgiving dinner at a Petty Officer's house, with another guy from class who was in division 361 at bootcamp and PIR'd the same date of 11/05. If that was your son, it sounds like they had a really nice time with that family, then went and played some pool after they got back to base.
Looking forward to that Christmas visit home too.
Am now changing my name to drop the division number and include the class number instead.
Great idea - I'm being a copy cat and changing mine too.
I should drop the PIR date too. Not really a need for that. if they are in the same class we know they probably PIR'd about the same time.

I was sharing on the Nuke Moms forum that my son said they are being told not to travel in their uniforms when they come home at Christmas because it makes them a target. I can understand that. i think he is a little disappointed because it does make him feel proud and he does like it when people acknowledge him for his service.

he also said they will be weighed as soon as they start back after the holidays and if they have gained any weight they will be doing a lot more PT, so he figured he'd wear his running shoes home on the plane, since he doesn't have any civilian shoes anyway, and then he'd also have the running shoes here so he can run over the break. At least they don't have to pack up a bunch of clothes to come home since they have clothes at home already.
Hi jb and Kat.
Kat, thanks (once again!) for the info on this group. I too copycatted and changed my name (again) to reflect the class #. Oh, and my son didn't go to anyone's house for thanksgiving, so it wasn't him - also, he was DIV 951.
jb, my son PIR'd 11/5 too, and is also MM.
Lisa, I sent you a friend request. My name is Kathy. We live in Phoenix. Are you in Texas?
JB and I (I'll let her tell you her name) had our sons in the same division at bootcamp, so it's an extra special treat that we became friends then, met at PIR, and also that our sons are in the same class at Nuke school.
Your son was in 951. Was that a special division for some reason? i thought I heard something about it along the way, but don't remember what it was.

i'll probably drop the PIR date from my sign in name after the holidays. Just wanted to leave it there for now so others could relate my questions to a fairly recent PIR date.

You asked if I went to the Meet and Greet. No, we flew into Milwaukee on thursday night and didn't get down to Great Lakes until around 9:00, so we missed it. what a great weekend that was.
We were saying that we need a do over for that weekend, so we can stress less and enjoy it even more.
Looking forward to Dec. 18 when Nick gets to come home for Christmas, as we all are.
Got it! Yes, I'm in TX, just north of Austin. All of the 900 divisions are performing divisions, so my son was in the rifle group - they even got a compliment from the Captain (not sure the correct rank) that day! Can't wait to get the DVD from PIR - did you order one?
Oh, so he was one of the rifle guys. They did such a great job. I was wondering how they got involved. Did they volunteer?

yes, my son ordered the DVD for us. I can't wait to see it either. I did buy a very small little video camera and filmed parts of the ceremony, but knew I didn't need to get the whole thing since we'd be getting the dvd. I did a long bit of when they first marched in and announced each division, and definately got the part at the end when they called liberty. That's the part where my eyes watered. It was such a relief, not only on our sailors faces as they broke formation and smiled for the first time, but also for all of us. Ahhh, that was a great feeling.
So, I just had a fairly good conversation with my son, on Facebook, and he said the Navy is not like what he thought it would be like. I said did you think it was going to be easy? he said no, just not as busy as they are, especially right now. He says there is just no time for anything in their days but school, PT, studying, etc.
He also said he is getting all kinds of bites and is worried that his matteress has bed bugs. Hmmmm, what is the cure for bed bugs? don't know if that is it, but he said there aren't any mosquitos around right now.
He said that so far this week he's done 24 hours of class, PT twice, and 9 hours of studying, and it's only Wednesday. Kind of makes me laugh because he was such a lazy bum before he left. I mean, the last month before he left he had quit his full-time job and was just laying in bed, sleeping, staying up all night, or going out with friends until late. I tried not to say too much then because I knew he would get a rude awakening once he left for bootcamp. ha. I guess most of them were like that from what I've been hearing.
My son is in class 1107M.  I'm wondering if anyone has a loved one in 1107 M.  I'm assuming classes starting with 1107 started at the same time & might know each other.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service