This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Any fellow mom's who have a son in this part of BC,would love to hear from you.

Views: 222

Replies to This Discussion

ooops, sorry I didn't realize you had opened this discussion. My son is in this same division.
Leilla welcome. I was thinking that maybe my son was by himself, We are from NJ, how about your family?
Michelle, I was thinking the same about my son; no one was posting his ship or division and I thought it may have been a dream. Originally from CT, but moved to NC in '88. My SR and his twin was born here in NC.

Welcome JessicaLauren  no letters or phone call yet, thinking that it will be another week but my son will have alot to read. He has about 7 letters coming his way. Military moto is Hurry up and Wait. Hang in there.

Hello everyone.  My stepson John, is in this group.  We just got his third letter in the mail today.  We also got our first phone call from him this past Saturday.  He sounds great!!!  We have our hotel booked for graduation and our counting down the days.  A question for anyone out there who may know...... He would like to take his laptop to A school in Texas.  Is that allowed?  Or do we need to ship it to him once he gets there and set up?  Thanks for your help.

welcome to our group, my son is staying in the GL and he said he can't have them the first week that we will have to send them. I have saw that others who do leave GL have there parents take these items to the airport they weren't allowed on RTC grounds. I could be wrong about that he will be able to tell you better, We are driving from NJ for grad. and taking them with us if things should change, at least for a few days he can have some connection to home. Where are you staying at for Graduation. alot of us are attending Sarge's meet and greet the night before check it out under groups I think. have a nice thanksgiving, we all will miss our SR's.

Thank you so much for the welcome and the information.  We are driving in from Ohio on Wednesday.  We are staying at the Hampton Inn in Libertyville. Rates seemed fairly reasonable and the reviews from most of the websites were all positive.  That is close to where his mother and step-father live.  I just saw the invite for Sarge's meet and greet.  I think that we may come for a little while.  We will have our 5 yr old with us, so won't be staying up too late.  We are getting him a laptop for graduation, but we might just wait and have it shipped to him.  I am taking some paper to our big family gathering so that anyone who wishes to write John a note can do so and then we will mail it out with some family pictures.  I am hoping that it will raise his spirits some.  You have a great Thanksgiving too.  We miss our SR too.

What week will our SRs be on as of 11/28? I get really confused with the calendar being that our kids get an extra week.

My recruit told me he needed a copy of the itinerary in order for him to spend the night at the hotel with me; according to him, he needs a copy of mapquest printout from base to the hotel and anywhere we're going. Anyone familiar with this?

These past few weeks have been difficult; my recruit is a twin, and 2 weeks after he left for GL his twin was arrested and is in jail at this time. I am not in the habit of keeping secrets from my boys, but, I knew I shouldn't give him this news when he called. Yesterday, he called for the 3rd time (yeah), and he mentioned that he's been trying to call his brother but no answer. I caved and told him his brother was in jail. I gave him the basic details, but, I feel so bad because most of our call was on talking about his brother and not what is going on with him. He began telling me that he got his run time up and then he had to get off the phone. 

Sorry for rambling, my heart is so heavy this morning and I miss my son so very much. Really don't have anyone else to share this with. Thanks for this group.

so sorry Leilla, your pain must be wearing on you, we don't always agree on the choices that our children make, but we always will love them (maybe not like them at times). I sure your SR could sense something was wrong especially when it comes to the bond of twins. I will pray for you and your family and hope that something good comes of this. We have a close family friend who was in trouble with the law years ago the judge at the time gave him a choice to go to jail or enlist. He enlisted in the Army it was the best thing that every happened to him. He said that the judge saved his life. Hoping for the best for you.....Michelle

Thank you Michelle. I'd love nothing more than for the judge to give Caleb that option, however, I don't think they do that today. I think that was done back in the time of the war in Viet Nam, but, I think it is a privilege to enlist and serve your country today. And, you are right, Jesse did sense something was wrong, but, he thought it was something totally different; my neighbor's daughter wrote Jesse a letter and told him he was going to be an uncle and he assumed she meant it was his brother's baby...no, she simply told him that because she loves him like a brother :-) whew, that would have really been a long sentence to serve!

Do you know what week they are getting ready to begin?

Again, thank you for listening and for your prayers...Leilla

No i don't think courts give our kids that choice anymore, unfortunatly. You don't need a baby around just yet, plenty of years for that right? Maybe Caleb will have time to think about where his life is taking him, and decide to take a different path, I'm sure he respects his Navy brother and looks up to him, they will always have a connection in their lives, I'm sure Jesse will have a impact on him someday, maybe not on the timeline you like, but our kids do teach us patience. Not sure, I did hear week 4,day 1 starts monday. I do no Kyle said they would have alot of inspections this week which would be hell week. I will have to ask him about Jesse, he only knows these kids by last names which i don't have. Keep in touch I'm here to listen if you need to vent. Sometimes only mom's understand certain things.....Michelle

Thanks again Michelle, I was thinking they were ready to begin week 4. Next week they do the 'confidence chamber' if I read right...I'm dreading that day for all of them.

Yes, this is one of those things only mom's understand...(((hugs)))

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service