This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Hi there! My daughter is in this division and I was hoping to connect with anyone else who has a loved in here!! :) Got the form letter today and am very excited for what's yet to come :)

Views: 1918

Replies to This Discussion

Hi There, it appears as though my son in also in this SHIP 07 DIV 034 .......I have not received the form letter but his recruiter got the info. for me. How are you holding up ?? Was your daughter able to write you a note on the form letter???

Hi Kimberlydale, soo happy to meet you! Yes, I got the form letter yesterday! You should be getting yours soon. I've read somewhere that they were sent Monday so depending on where you live it might take longer. I live in Chicago which is about a little over an hour drive from Great Lakes. I'm doing much better since I got the letter. I was a mess all last week. I think the only day I didn't cry was yesterday. On the back of the form letter my daughter wrote a little blurb basically saying that she might/might not graduate on that date cause it depends on whether or not she passes but that she was going to do her best to graduate that day. I'm confident she will so I'm already making plans for 1/6/12. I really do hope you get your letter today. It makes a HUGE difference! Let me when you get it :)

Hi Miriamj43, so nice to hear from you !!!! I am glad to know it gave you some peace to have the information in your hands. We are on the other side of the country ...Oregon..... so it might take a couple more days but I am trying not to count on it. Do you know what your daughter will be doing for A school yet? My son is going to be a corpsman and from the little bit I know I think he goes to San Antonio after BC. Boy , it has been a long two weeks and I look so forward to hearing from him. Have a great day and this will be good to keep eachother posted on any tidbits of info on our kids division. Will you get to go have Thanksgiving with her ??? Adopt a sailor????

Hi :) Yea, according to the website our kids aren't eligable for the Adopt a Salor program (I sure wish they were though). After BC my daughter will be going to Pensacola, Florida where she'll be preparing herself to become a machinist mate (maintaining the planes).  It is exciting to meet other moms from the same group as we can all relate to the exact same thing! Hopefully you'll get your letter today and you too will be pumped! I tell you it's amazing even my husband commented on how it seems as if my eyes were smiling!

Many blessings to you and keep an eye on that mailman today! :)

((hugs))

Hi Ladies my son Matt is also Ship 07 Div 034 - I have had no contact - his father had recieved the address and box - I have sold our home and his father and I are divorced - I am striving to stay positive and hopeful I will get a letter son...although my Matt is not a writer...I sent a calling card and would love to hear his voice or just hear anything...this is extremely tough and really few "get" it the way we must...my daughter is coming home tomorrow from SUNY Oneonta - I am on Long Island NY she is a freshman in college upstate NY....packing up this empty nest is so emotional too - but we are all headed into bright futures...just want to pop the cork of emotion by hearing from him...Did you book your flights or make travel arrangements yet?  Thanks -

Denise

Hi Denise, I have not made travel arrangements yet but I did book a room at the Navy Lodge. I am going to wait to make flight reservations until we actually receive the form letter that  gives the official date. Looking forward to connecting with you and many of the Moms who also have kids(young adults) in this ship together ;):):) Hang in there and keep thinking about the positve things :):) chat soon, Kim

Hi Denise!!! Soo cool to meet moms who have son or daughters that are in my daughter's division!! I LOVE IT (makes me feel closer IDK i'm weired) all kidding aside, I know how you feel. This is by far the hardest thing I've ever gone through in my life. Not being able to talk to my daughter, not knowing what she's doing, HOW she's doing is such a gutrenching feeling. But you should be getting the form letter soon and then things will get better. I too am almost an "empty nester." My daughter who's 19 and in BC and my son who's 17 and a senior in high school.  It's such a horrible feeling...even if you don't want to cry it's almost like your body gives way and you just burst into tears without even wanting to... hard to explain to anyone else though. Being that the holidays are right arround the corner doesn't help either :-( Be strong though it'll get better when you start getting the letters... go shopping for Navy stuff! That's one advice someone here gave me and that always works :)

ahhhh......so bummed ....still no letter !!! Darn mailman .... Ugh... i am just so sad tonight!!!! It's my friday from work and I come home to my empty house.....(hubby works out of town) ....my son was ALWAYS my right arm .... you would think after all these years of raising kids we would be celebrating and doing something for ourselves ......I just want to hug my boy !!!!! So glad I can vent to other ladies who know exactly whats up !!! I think I am a little sad to cuz Thanksgiving coming up and my daughter got a chance to go to Maui ....so NO KIDS for the holiday ......crazy.....1st time in 22 years ;(:(:  Well like Miriam said ....think I will just go by Navy "stuff" !!!!!! 

Wow, Kimberlydale my heart goes out to you sweeite! I wish there were words I can say that can make you feel better but I know there aren't. It's a feeling that only another mother who's going throught the same thing can relate. I guess I'm a little lucky in the fact that I still have my son (at least for one more year) that's how I'm counting it. You know, when they were smaller and they'd get in my hair I would yell at them saying "I can't wait til you guys get out there in the real world... blah, blah, blah! Kim, I can't begin to tell you how those words haunt me cause guess what? They ARE going out there in the "real world" and the time flew faster than expected. I know how you feel and yes, you DO want to hug your boy and it IS crazy, but it's just another stage in life and you will get through this! We're all in the same boat (ha ha no pun intended!) and I can't wait until 1/6/12 to meet you and meet your boy!! God bless and if you ever need to "vent" let me know and I'll email you my cell and we can talk... you're friend and navymom sister, miriam

oh... seriously, shopping never hurts ;o)

Miriam , thank you for the kind words... it helps just hearing "you will get through this ".....I think like you said its a new stage in life . That is the part I keep thinking about and need to just accept. The kids grow up and leave and start their own lives and when I think about that (which is where I was last night) it is very sad. I will work through this and hopefully can be excited for what they are doing and accomplishing. Just need some time to mourn the change of the family unit !!!!! Thanks again and I am really enjoying meeting the division sisterhood :):) GO 07/034!!!! Teamwork ;):)

I did make my reservation for room at the Navy Lodge really the best deal at $66.00 a night and booked my flight today.

I agree once we get the first real letter I am sure I will be more emotional. He was just so ready to go and all I could do was be proud before he left. But, that is changing daily. I miss him so much!!

Hi Terry It's GREAT to meet a fellow Div mom!!!! :)

No you're absolutely NOT nuts!! Before my daughter left, I took a picture of her on my cell phone and saved it as a screen saver. I kid you not, when I say I loose count on how many times I glance at my phone and just the other day my husband asked are expecting a phone call? I'm like "no, just looking at cole" having her picture saved as a screen saver on my phone is the only thing I have control over since I can see her anytime I want and that gives me great comfort. Every day I wonder what she's doing? What's she eating? Is she cold? If she's on her period and if she's in pain? (did you know they don't give anything for pain?) I worry ALL the time... i think I always will that's just part of being a mom.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service