This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Hello everyone. I noticed that there is no group for Ship 07 Div 35 so I decided to get one started. I hope other love ones will join soon.

Views: 3300

Replies to This Discussion

What a weekend! Hope everyone made it back safe and sound. Have great rest of the weekend. I am sure we have lots of stories to share so we will catch up later.

What a weekend! Thank you to everyone here for keeping me sane :) Godspeed to our Navy Sailors!

Hello Everyone

Well is this the end of our group....???? I guess it is, since our loved ones have now gone on to different places and for different jobs so I will encourage us to now sign up for groups that is common to your sailors job. I know 20 of our sailors went to San Antonio and will be Hospital Corpsman so it will be a great idea for us to start a group so we can kind of stay together.

My sailor is settling in fine and it is such a pleasure to be able to talk with him and even do video calls and so forth. We were planning to fly down this weekend and see him but I am thinking to let him see what a weekend on his own is like and then we can plan to go for his birthday which is two weekends away.

Lastly, it was such a pleasure reading your stories and just communicating with you all over the last 8 weeks. I wish you all the best both for your sailor and your entire family.

God bless America nd God bless you all.

Jaydawn

Jaydawn - My son is with your son.  I'd like to stay in touch with you.  Have you heard from your son since Saturday?  I talked to my son as they were waiting for the connecting flight at Dallas/Fort Worth (on Sat).  He said when they got off the plane from Illinois, a man approached them and asked if they were new Sailors coming from Great Lakes, when they replied they were, he handed them $100.00 and said dinner was on him.  A great kindness that was made even kinder when our boys put the money into the USO box. 

I'm sorry we didn't get the chance to meet this past weekend, although I think we may have seen you at the hotel (Residence Inn)?  My son commented he knew the Sailor walking into the hotel with his family as we were driving through the parking lot.

I went to visit my Sailor in San Antonio last weekend and we had a blast. We went shopping and he was able to get internet service so he can be able to surf since he said the internet service there is poor. I feel so much better now that I went and I know that they will all be ok. Anyone needs any information as to the area, please let me know. The only drawback is they still are not sure when they will actually start classes so that is kind of on a wait and see at the moment.

Jaydawn, I will speak on my behalf, but this is only the end if we choose it to be. We will always be connected no matter where our Sailors journey takes them. We have a bond and were there for each other when we needed support and for that I am forever grateful. I will continue to be here and check in on those who do the same. My oldest will be following in his brothers footsteps and plans on signing after this semester of college, so I will be taking this journey once again. Godspeed to you all and thank you for all that was brought by each and everyone of you.

Thank you all for the support during boot camp. Our Sailors sure looked impressive in those dress blues. We met logans mom at PIR and spent time at the airport with our Sailor Before driving home sunday morning. We gave our Sailor his Phone and Lap top at the airport. also while at the airport a stranger said to our sailor  "we are proud of you guys thank you for your service" that was pretty cool.  And we received a call from our Sailor monday afternoon from sanantonio Texas he told us a group of them went shopping and they got some more comfortable underware. It sounds like Corpsman school may not start until next month. I am following corpsman moms sanantonio a school too now and will continue to follow this group.

Good luck to you all and your Sailors.

Hello again.

I am delighted that you want to keep this discussion going and I will definitely be here with you guys too. It's good to stay in touch and see how our sailors are doing as they embark on this new journey. Thanks JMS93mom for your kind words and we will sure be here when your son decides to follow in his brother's footstep.

Dodger149, I have been texting back and forth with my son but only spoke with him late saturday night when he got into San Antonio. He seems to have been settling in ok so far and today he said he had to go to quite a bit of meetings. Also I think they are still trying to catch up on some sleep from having to be up for hours on end over the past few days.

Dadyellow, glad to know your son is in San Antonio as well so we will really be a support team here.

I am so anxious to get there in two weeks and see what's going on there.

Just a quick briefing on my Sailor...he calls me evrynight, which I am loving for right now. He is going through his indock period right now in right now in Pensacola and said 5 other Sailors from our division are with him. Such a change in him and that I am grateful for, I sent my boy to GR and they gave me a man. He is in great spirits and looking forward to his bright future. I have joined another forum to get some insight as what to expect after his A school is complete. I have found much comfort through reading. I hope that we will check in on each other from time to time with updates. Here's to our journeys...

Good Morning ladies, so good to have the drive back home over. We had the whole weekend with our Sailor. It was great to have the time to spend with him. He is staying in GL for A school. I guess I will look for a group from there. I wish we had worn name tags so we could have recognized each other easier. Sarge is a gem, what a wonderful man and such a wealth of information. I am so thankful for this discussion. I don't know what I would have done without it. I will be checking to see how things are going. Again, thanks for being there.

Hello all!

First off I'm so thrilled with the Alumni status. I'm sad that I didn't get to meet all of you on Friday, but what a wonderful experience it was! My family and I drove up to Chicago and stayed at Residence Inn. My sailor's favorite part of the day was spending time will all of us obviously, but he also loved eating at Olive Garden and taking a nap back at the hotel in his sweats ( I brought them for that sole purpose). I got to spend the next day with him at the airport before he headed down to San Antonio for A School at Lackland AFB. He's training to be an MA. He calls me everyday. It's amazing how those phone calls are soooo treasured now. I'll keep checking in here! WE DID IT!

Wow, did we luck out on the weather or what. Pray for the safety of those going to PIR this weekend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service