This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Hi everyone,  like to meet the people in  my sons division!! 

Views: 939

Replies to This Discussion

I got my form letter today!  My son is 09/042...I was sooo excited about getting the letter, I cried and laughed as I was opening it!  I was sooo shocked to get the letter today.  He left on 11/15/2011.  This has been the best day since he left!

Oh my gosh me too!!  My son left on the 15th too and I'm so lost!!   Its so good to connect with you!!  How have you been?

I'm in this group!! Ship 09 / Div 042  working on plane reservations - staying at the Residence Inn in Waukegan

I am good Jakesmom and Britts mom!  So, where are you guys gonna stay? I am looking at the Navy Lodge.  Definitely going to go to Sarge's meet and greet that night! We have about a 12.5 hour drive...ugh!! But will be sooo worth it.  I just wish I could adopt him for Christmas, but I can't make two trips like that.

Hi Britts mom!  Kens mom, not sure where I'm going to stay.  I'm starting to check all the places out.  Are you all staying at a place with a shuttle?  I would love to see him for Christmas!!  It s going to be tough this year!!  

I am not sure if the Navy Lodge has a shuttle, I doubt it.  It will be really tough not having our son here for Christmas.  He was our baby and now the house is sooo quiet.  Our daughter is in the Navy (3years so far) and she is not sure if she can get leave for Christmas this year!  It will be our first year in 21 years that we have not had a child at home for Christmas! UGH I so would love to go up there and spend some quality mom/son time with him!

Good Morning 09/042 MoMs!!

It is such a fine Navy Day, even though it is raining here in Maryland.  Wanna know why it is?  Because we can now communicate with our SRs through the mail!  I have already mailed out 3 letters and 1 card this morning.  Made our hotel reservations at the Navy Lodge....

How is everyone doing this morning?  :-)

Hi Kens Mom!!  I'm sorry I didnt write to you this morning. Off to work early.  How are you doing I'm ok I miss my boy can't stop thimking about him today!!  I'm sorry your going to have a quite Christmas.  I have my daughter she's 16 and she keeps my busy. LOL  What are you doing for Thankgiving?  Are the recruits getting adopted for the day from certain groups? I thought I read that.  That would be awesome but not holding my breathe.  I havent made my reservations yet.  Where are you flying into?  Is your son going to A school? I guess we will fly in Thurs and fly out Sat night.  Not really sure what to do. 

Hey there! ~ No worries about writing, I had classes really early this morning! I am doing ok, much better especially since I was able to send out some letters this morning! Actually, Thanksgiving is gonna be really bad, but I'm gonna do some baking and get ready for Black Friday! My Husband has to work on Thanksgiving, and I just found out today that my daughter got a 96 hour liberty...so she will be here Friday and then we will Have a turkey dinner!  So, it will be me, turkey sandwich, chips and some good NFL football after the Macy's Parade on TV!!  We are going to drive there, 12.5 hours UGH!!! I just made my reservations at the Navy Lodge.  I like the Idea of cooking, and not spending too much money on eating out, especially when i want to buy lots of Division memorbilia.  Kenny has to attend ATT school, at Great lakes across the street at the Training Center...then he goes to San Diego for A school.  We definitely have to make plans to meet up and go to Sarge's Meet and greet!! I have heard many good things about that!  talk to you soon.  By the way, you can call me Audrey!!!

Good morning~ How are you doing? I'm so missing my boy!! I haven't heard his voice yet......his calling cards didnt work. I got him Verizon calling cards  and I guess I was suppose to get ATT. I didnt get his I'm here call.But I know he's there and I'm sure having a blast..LOL   I'm so glad your going to see your daughter. You need that. I'm not looking forward to Thanksgiving.  We are going to my sisters.  I'd sorta like to stay home and hang out but gotta do the family thing.  I made my reservations last night.  We are flying in Thurs am and flying out Sunday pm.  We are staying at Springhill suits in Waukegan. I think we only get Jacob for Friday but not sure so we decided to stay the weekend.  Thats our Christmas gift this year. I can't wait to hug him.  Ok I may ask stupid questions sometimes so forgive me but you being a Navy mom  you know a lot.  How was boot camp for your daughter?   Whats ATT school? My son is going to San Antonio Tx for Master at Arms School.  Yes we'll have to meet up at the meet and greet! That would be awesome.  Do you have a facebook? My name is Kristen Morse  so please friend me if you do! And call me Kristen:)   You have a great day and hang in there! 

Hey Kristen!

Send him some new calling cards!  I am just soo hoping we get to hear from our sons tomorrow, but I am not banking on it.  I miss seeing his smile....and its funny, we had this thing...if I were in the kitchen and he was in his room I would yell across the house for him, and he would say "Ya, Momma!" It's the way he always said that gets to me.  I miss hearing that simple statement!  Ask as many questions as you like! ATT school is Advanced Technical Training.  With his rating he needs it, working with explosives.  WOW, I am surprised your son got an MA rating!  MAs have been soooo locked up lately, congrats to him!  I tried finding you on facebook and can't.  My name is Audrey Cain....do you frequent the RTC Facebook page??  I do...that would be the easiest way to find each other!  talk to you later!  Audrey

Good morning everyone!  Hope everyone is having a good day?  Has anyone heard from their kids?  I havent yet.......just waiting and waiting!  Made my reservations at Spring Hill suites.  I guess you really can't go wrong anywhere you stay!!  We'll get to see our babies!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service