This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Just another subdivision in our new navy life to chat w/fellow parents while waiting for PIR :)

Views: 3224

Replies to This Discussion

Sent form for adopt a sailor, son has picked a recruit from Texas
To be out with him. Dont know if his parents are on here but we
Will take,good care and have a nice time.

HOOYAH....Made our reservations for PIR.... I SOOOO CANT BELIEVE ITS 39 DAYS AWAY... hows everyone doing?? getting excited...

I know my husband and I are all set can't wait

I received a letter from my son friday and it was very distressing to read what a hard time he is having. He feels like he can do nothing right. Is he the only one ?

I wrote him back telling him not to give up, to remember why he joined, to dig down deep and he will find the strength and courage to complete bootcamp. In my heart I was screaming I will be right there to pick you up. This is harder than I thought it would be for both of us. We had written him after his first letter a few days prior that we would not be able to come for Christmas day but after receiving his second letter we have decided to drive from california to great lakes to spend the day with him in hopes we can get his spirits back up.

Eddies Mom, 

I know you are worried, but I know my son is feeling the same way.  I am sure other moms and dads can let your know their kids have felt the same.  The thing is not to freak out because it by the time you get a letter things could be much better.  I know we all want to rescue our kids from hurt, but your son WILL be just fine.  He will be glad to see you at Christmas.  Just keep writing encouraging letters-things will get better.

Wordmuntain-awesome you are getting to do the adopt- a sailor for christmas!! Lucky kid!

Eddie's mom-totalyy the mom in us wanting to "save" them. It's one of the reasons they left us, to do it on their own. I just know by reading all the previous posts, they do get better as time goes on. Right now it's real rough for them. They are only in week 2 of BC even though they may have been gone almost 4 weeks. He will be sooo happy to know you are coming at Christmas & that will give him hope & something to focus on.

Looks like div 908 got calls today! Hopefully we'll start getting them too.

Tomorrow is usually letter day for me so I hope I get one again.

How is everyone doing?

hoping for a letter... maybe calls next week???  FINGERS CROSSED

I am thrilled we are only four hours away. I told my husband who was a sailor for 8 yrs that it is all I want for Christmas was to see my only child. He agreed. He has never been a huge Christmas guy but knowing he is seeing his son for the day has changed that. We are not financially prepared, so were not able to take gifts but we will be together.

This is a dad checking in. I'm on Navy Dads, too, but there isn't as much stuff specific to 11-039 on there, so here I am.

We weren't planning on adopting our SR at Christmas because of the cost. However, my son wrote in his last letter about how great it would be if we could make it. My wife was in tears for two days after that. I might be going out there after all.

During Marine bootcamp, we recruits took care of the people who couldn't keep their mouths shut on our own. Peer pressure can be more intense than that provided by the RDC's. That will all work out just fine. And for those of you whose SR's have shown frustration, the advice others have given here already is spot on. The Navy wants these kids to succeed. They'll do fine and we'll all be celebrating with them in January.

hey welcome Cleaver6 DAD..

during my time with navy boot... we also "took care" of those who couldnt tow the line... One girl got a much needed shower..after that she didn't need one for a couple days..  

i wish we could go up and adopt my SR and a shipmate for the holiday... BUT money is tight... but plan is to go back after he finishes ATT school (or what ever its called ) before he goes on to A school in San Diego.. .  

Welcome Cleaver6dad-didn't realize there was a N4D's but that makes sense :) Feel free to chat. We're a pretty fun group!

Kev-awesome on the call. Understand why mom got the call based on our previous conversations. Hope u are well. Any more info about drive by's to the base lol.

Kim-good luck on the new journey w/ your own SR. At least youre 5 weeks ahead w/ info :)

Here's fingers crossed for letters & calls!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service