This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Recently received some really upbeat letters!  Maybe a phone call soon, I hope!

Views: 1952

Replies to This Discussion

Alright folks.  It's time!  All the worrying, all the crying, the sleepless nights, the acid-reflux, has all been leading up to this!  If we don't get calls today, I think it's certain that our phones will be a ringing tomorrow.  Let's hope our guys do well!  I know that 050 will be great!  If anyone hears anything, please post it here or on the RTC FB page!  Woo-Hoo!  We're ALMOST THERE!

Marissa - Hi I'm Nick's Mom - you said they've been winning alot of things...Nick hasn't mentioned that...what have they been winning? Flags....etc?

Also, is the Battlestations tonight into tomorow or Fri into Sat?

Hi Nick's Mom!!  Yes!  They've been winning all of the flags, I believe if you look at the list of threads in the PIR 01/27 forum you'll see a post that has the breakdown of each flag to be won.  I'm pretty sure (don't quote me), if they win the Captain's Cup this Saturday...They make it onto the Hall of Fame Wall.  All in all it looks like 12/050 is a pretty sharp division. 

There have been conflicting dates about BS-21.  I'm told that if we don't get a call today (after 2 central time) then our calls will be coming in tomorrow around the same time.  I'm almost 100% certain that Battlestaions do not happen during the weekend.  If anything, they'll start up again next week.  Let's all pray though, we get them sooner than later!  I don't think my stomach can handle much more! 

Are you on the Facebook RTC Page?  It's been a boat load of info too!

Hi Marissa - Thanks for the reply.....now I'm crying :)   I haven't been on the site as much as I was for my other son who is in the Navy for a year now....Nick is my baby!  So now I have two Navy sons:)     But...unfortunately I've been spending most of my time with my Dad who was very sick and passed two weeks ago:(  We need to discuss this with Nick when we get there.....I was told that he would not have been able to come home and we didn't want to distract him for the last 3 weeks of Bootcamp.  He knew he was sick, but he was very close to his "pop" so this will be a very bitter/sweet reunion.  I'm just so happy to hear from him....he did say things were going well and that he couldn't wait to see us - also that he got a ribbon, but didn't mention the "flags" etc.   Well one more week....I'm waiting for a call...the last time he called it was very emotional for him........but we only got the one phone call and in his letters he was upset about that. 

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad.  Between the stress of that and your son in Boot Camp...I'll be saying a prayer for you tonight! 

The last letter from my SR had a few snarky remarks in it about their RDC.  They were told sometime two Fridays ago that they would get to make phone calls.  Only to find out later she was fibbing just to get them to quiet down.  She also held up their mail for a few days.  He wasn't too happy about any of it.  I know that there are other divisions with PIR on the 27th that were able to get calls more than once.  I don't know why 050 was different.  I had given their RDC the benefit of the doubt and said it was due to them doing so good.  Maybe she wanted them all to stay extra focused?  I'm curious if she'll get a bonus if they get on the Hall of Fame Wall?  Hm. 

We're all waiting on that call!  If you hear anything please let us know and I'll be sure to do the same for you!! 

Can't wait to meet everyone...I feel like I've not only gained some great friends but a new extended family as well!!! 

HI Nick's Mom-- Wanted to tell you how sorry to hear about your dad...It must have been hard to keep if from your son, but totally agree it's best to let them keep there focus.  I was telling myself that when everyone was getting extra phone calls and we have only had the one.. NO call as yet, but still hoping:)

Marissa, thanks for the upbeat messages.. They have made my day and have made me smile...I really hope our boys do well.  I think they can do it and really deserve to finish on top.  If they don't do BS-21 before this weekend, I'm not sure if I will have any hair left to pull out.  I will be thinking of you all and our boys as well.  Thanks for the updates... Carolyn

Got a letter dated Monday 16th...It said keep your fone close on Friday between 4 pm -7pm....and this is a for sure date he said.  YEE HAW!

Thanks for the updates.. I really appreciate them.  My mail won't even get delivered for at least four more hours and who knows, maybe I'll have a phone call later as well.. Good Luck with the waiting game..

Just got a call...keep your fones close.

Ok ladies...did everyone get a call?  My son sounded really tired and when I asked his favorite thing about this the whole bootcamp experience ...he said it was Battlestations.  Right in the middle of our call - he said "mom I'll have to call you back...I have to pee."  I laughed and we said bye and hung up.  I figured he wanted to call friends and didn't expect to hear back from him.  Three minures later he called and said "I feel much better now..by the way ...mom....I got my orders...and I think I will be in Virginia"     He said they ironed alot and it really stinks marching in the snow.  Here in Texas we don't get much of the white stuff.  He didn't know if they would get another call.  He did mention a pizza party.  He says everyone in the division is doing well and they have a really good chance at Captain's Cup.    I.m a proud mom that can't wait to be sitting in those bleachers.    Everyone have a nice week-end and safe travels to Great Lakes!

Happy&SadMom good to hear you had a nice visit with your boy. Sorry to hear he hates marching in the snow.  We have snow off and on seven months out of the year, so probably not to different for my boy.   I visited with mine long enough to know he got his orders and leaves on the 28th.  Not sure what time or where as he said it would probably change before we see him next week..Told us he was a "Sailor" and he loves and misses us and would we mind if he called the girlfriend?  He has not spoken to her since he left.  I already figured that would happen and since we will be seeing him next week we made it short and sweet..  Good to hear everyone had nice cal

Well ladies, we MADE IT! Most importantly, OUR CHILDREN MADE IT! I haven't been on this site long, so I don't really know anyone too well? BUT, I DO have a comment about Graduation that I would like to share....I was EXTREMELY disappointed to find the WHOLE section in front of DIV 050 filled by Navy Superiors. I understand they were responsible for training our children, but like I explained to ANYONE with a "chest full of ribbons." MY SON will graduate from bootcamp exactly ONE time. They have seen these ceremonies numerous times. On top of that, I felt they were disrespectful. While people were speaking, or singing, they were NOT looking at the person, but instead, talking and laughing amongst themselves. Then, I am hearing impaired. I really think the WHOLE ceremony SHOULD be in closed caption! IF they can put it up on the screen, surely they can put the captions underneath.

Now, I DID not know, or ever speak with Brandy, but the emails were coming through to my phone that she had not shown up for the meet & greet! Then I read that she was in an accident! My heart just broke for her, her family, AND her Sailor! How unfortunate. I am TRYING to find info about her on here? Such as her condition, who all was with her in the car, and how we can contact her & her family to send cards and or money? I am NOT a big computer person, so I am not knowledgeable on how to set up a site or something to that effect? But I think it would be a WONDERFUL idea if us Navy Moms stuck together & help this family out in their time of need! I am not sure WHERE she lives? AGAIN, I am going to TRY to find out what info I can after I write this. But if ANYONE knows her contact info, or if there IS INDEED a site already set up for her & her family, could someone PLEASE let me know? Thank you SO MUCH!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service