This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Hello everyone!

My husband is in this div :) he left from Florida Nov.21st, it has been very difficult without him home, especially with our 2 kids :( but i know why he is doing this and i am so proud! This WHOLE experience is bittersweet! I am so lucky to have found this website along with the others to help me through, i love meeting new people, and it helps so much when the people you are meeting have so much in common and know what exactly we are going through :) im excited to get to know ALL of you and keep each other updated and spirits high :) i havent received any letter or phone call yet, but i still have faith! GO 02/910 :) 49 DAYS LEFT!

Views: 779

Replies to This Discussion

LOL! My husband is so excited that you started the thread. He wanted me to do it so bad. I refused, just because he is obsessed!!!! LOL Anyways. 

It is a little odd, my son left a week ahead of your husband but is graduating the same time. My hubby says it is probably because they have to have enough people in this "division" to form the group.

Anyways. My husband is retired military and my father was the same. It is strange being in this new roll as military mom. I think that military wife was more difficult though. But God bless ALL the family members. I agree that the whole experience is bittersweet. Speaking of bitter, it is going to be bitterly cold going to Great Lakes in the middle of January!!!! I think I am going to invest in a new winter coat!

lol yes you are right about the cold, i am a true floridian and not a fan of the cold lol but excited that i have a excuse to go shopping for new winter clothes lol we too come from military in our family, my dad is coast guard vet and my brother is currently active in the CG, troys family comes from the Navy and marines, his great grandfather was a CW05 :) hes very proud to continue the trend :) i also made a forum on the RTC facebook page too if your on that :) and i even made my own on facebook, do you have facebook? so i can add you if you would like :) we have alot of people on there too :) im so excited to meet all of you and have the extra support it really helps me, me and troy have been together for almost 9 years, married 4 and have 2 small children, we started young but we have no regrets, this is the first time being away for so long and without any communication, but i know in the end it will be worth it :) keep in touch :)

48 days!!!

Hello... our son is in this division.  He left Dallas, Texas on November 21st.  He is our oldest son and it has been very difficult to say the least.  We had an early Thanksgiving dinner with him the Saturday before he left.  It will be hard not to have him here at Christmas.  He wrote a short note on the back of the form letter and he sounded upbeat; which really helped.  Thanks for starting this.  I had just dropped a note on the main discussion looking for someone else from this division..and then I found this!  My dad was in the Navy many years ago and it is exciting to think that he went through the same training facility that our son is now attending! 

I heard that the 900 divisions do the flags and music at graduation? Not sure if that is true. My boyfriend is in this division and also left Nov. 21st. We are from PA. We have been together almost two years and after boot camp he is going to school to be a nuclear engineer and I am already in school to be a secondary english teacher! Still no letter or contact at all :( Hopefully it comes today if not then it should for sure come next week!! :)

Hi Kathyb and LuckyLydia. It is nice to meet people from the same division. Yes, Lucky, apparently they perform at the graduations and other events. Was your boyfriend in high school band or something? My son was in high school band and marching band. I guess being in this division adds additional work to them but it is something else they can be proud of.

So navywife11, does this make 47 days? ;-)

Hi AutumnSunset....  our son was in the band that included the marching band.  How exciting to know that the 900 divisions perform.  I guess those years of marching band and parades came in handy. We are still waiting for another phone call (other than the original call that said he was there). It is exciting to meet other families from the same division and can keep each other informed when we hear something.

Hello everyone! No John wasn't in band or anything so I guess he will be doing the marching part and carrying the flags lol. And I am very glad to meet people from the same division! Still haven't gotten a letter or call :( Maybe it is all the extra work! I guess I got to be patient! Monday will be week 4 for our recruits! Only six more to go after that so we are making progress!

Good Afternoon to ALL :) i am so excited to know MORE people in this division :) i am still waiting on contact letter or phone call, its been really tough and i could really use a pick me up :( @ Kathyb, we also had a early thanksgiving for my husband, and YES! 47 DAYS :)  i wish time will just fly by already :) BUT my brother who just graduated Coast Guard BC, told me..."Days feel like months, and Weeks feel like days" which i NOW understand what he means lol and it does! days go by so slow but when you look at it on the "week" point of view its going by a little quicker then i thought, i didnt receive any mail today :( so fingers crossed for Monday, and YES, they are in the 900 div so each of them will have a specific job, can be from choir, playing a instrument, to holding flags, my husband has no previous experience with any of those lol so im excited to hear how he was picked :) i am a very proud wife :) i miss him more then anything, so does our 2 girls, FYI to all my daughters 1st grade class, along with ALL 1st graders of the school will be making christmas cards to div 910 :) we will be working on them this week and i will send them out by friday or monday :)

47 DAYS LADIES AND GENTS :) CURRENT TEMP 26(BUT FEELS LIKE 18) LOL LETS KEEP FINGERS CROSSED FOR A LETTER OR CALL :) 

GO 2/910!!!!

Good Morning everyone!  I get more excited every time I log on to read another post to find out more information.  How wonderful for your daughters school to make Christmas cards for the division; we know they will all appreciate it.  We did not receive a letter yesterday either; I am secretly hoping for a call today...well maybe not so secretly.  I have been talking about it all week.  I will let everyone know when we hear from our recruit.

Good morning! 45 days left! yes i think we are ALL waiting on something lol i hope the mail man is good to us today! My daughter caught the stomach flu :( poor thing! but shes a trooper! i hope this week, well MONTH flies by! i HOPE ALL HAS A GOOD DAY, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WILL ALL!

Hello all. Well, I didn't receive a letter today BUT my SR's friend did! She called and told me she had something to show me and I went right over. I assume that he told her a story that he did not write to me so he noted for her to show me. I also assume that my letter is at the post office somewhere caught in traffic!!! Hopefully all my assumptions are correct and it will be in the mailbox tomorrow.

He said he is ok. BC is hard. Physical training is intense but he passed his pt test and his swim test and is waiting to hear about his written exam. He said the yelling is annoying and he only has time to write at night.

Well, may God bless the rest of you with lots of letters today.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service