This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Fifirecruit liked Momof2sailors's discussion Sandbox information
19 hours ago

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Any word from your recruits and what they are up to? I still haven't gotten a letter from my SR yet, has anyone else? I thought it would be nice to start a group for our recruits :)

Views: 245

Replies to This Discussion

Hi soon2bnavywife,

My Son is in Ship 3, Div 236. We got mail from him the last two Thursdays. Both letters were very short and sweet. He say's things are going good, could be better, but good. We got our first phone call last Wednesday. It was so good to hear his voice. Hopefully you hear from your SR soon. Just keep sending mail to him. My SR said he really looks forward hearing from us. The first time he recieved mail, he said he must of read it about 10-15 times. that broke my heart.

NavyMom101

I also have an SR in Ship 3 Div 236.  2 calls home, missed them both (he forgot the time difference).  But so many letters, none of them really detailed.  Missing him so very much.  NavyMom101,  I definitely get what you mean about the letters.  I carry all of the ones my son sends home around in my bag with me.  It's hard not to hear his voice but I know he's doing the best thing for him.  It was certainly a lot easier when it was my husband going through it, that's for sure! LOL

Hi Socon8iv,

So good to hear from someone that has an SR in same ship/div. Do you have any idea when our SR's will be Battlestation21???? i have heard July 25 and "im a sailor" call July 26. Wow, that seems so close to PIR date. God forbid they didn't make it. Then what??? We are flying out from California on the 27th. This info is making me alittle nervous. Although, i have no doubt my Son wouldn't get through this part, anything could  happen.

NavyMom101

We got a letter last week and a phone call. Hoping for more!!!

Hi Erin in Mobile,

Both our Son's are in the same Div.  It is so nice to hear of someone that has a SR in the same Div. You mentioned you got a letter and a call last week. As did i. But i think most of his time allowed for writting and making call was to his girlfriend. Which was fine, I Love her to pieces. But i didn't get a whole lot of info from him. How about you??? How their Div is doing,etc.  I don't know why, but i was kinda hoping for another call today. Which i have'nt got. I have been getting mail from him the last couple Thursday's, so hoping to hear from him tomorrow.

NavyMom101

I receive my letters from my SR on Thursdays too :)

Now that you mention it, my SR doesn't  give me that much info on what he is up too either, (which is odd bc he is my fiance) I have found out a few things from his parents when they got to talk to him 2 wed nights ago and figured he would mention them to me in his letters but, he didn't and I just now thought of that when you mentioned it....hmmmmm?? All he has told me is that he runs, marches, does PT (and what his parents told me involved PT but he didn't mention it to me) and folds clothes, does classes, etc...and he also mentioned his ship school is 4 weeks instead of 2, I wonder if I should be concerned. Interesting....he may just not want to be embarrassed by telling me idk.
He says it isn't too bad.  He told us he passed his swim test and can now do hospital corners when he makes a bed.  i just wish it were July 29th!  I am so ready to see him!!!!
My fiance seems to like it for the most part. July 29th needs to hurry bc i miss my SR like crazy!
So glad to see people posting on this discussion :) I have received 3 phone calls 2 wed nights ago and I MISSED ALL OF THEM because I was at church :( his mom informed me that she had just got off the phone with him like 10 minutes prior to when I got there and he was about to call me so needless to say when I got home I had 3 voice mails from him, and he would kill me if I told anyone this but he was so upset that he didn't get to talk to me that he cried in the last 2 :'( I was seriously depressed and felt horrible. I have received a total of 4 letters from him as of yesterday (I got 2 yesterday but one of them was only like 6 lines long saying how he tried to call and I wasn't there and that he loved me all that mushy gushy stuff that ya'll probably don't wanna hear lol) He seems to like basic, he says it has its ups and downs, he had to have his wisdom teeth removed 2 weeks ago, but other than the lack of sleep and the food, he seems to be doing just fine. I cant wait to see him in 27 days :) made it past the half way mark...finally, now lets hope this next month passes just as fast as the first one did :)

I just wanted to give you guys a update on my SR :)

When you get calls... what area code are they coming from?  I don't always answer unknown callers... maybe I should start.  Also... my son had his wisdom teeth removed too... UGH... breaks my heart knowing what that feels like and imagining the other stuff they are challenged with.  All I know is that knowing they are working on the last 21 days is somewhat of a comfort!!!

Carole

Im thinking it was 864 or 867.

my call was from an area code 847  and i have been told it could show up as unknown.  Hey has anyone heard when exactly our SR's will be doing Battlestation 21??? I thought i read somewhere it would be following Captain's Cup, which i heard would be the Saturday July23. And Battlestation 21 will be July25 and "Im a sailor" call on July26. Has Anyone heard the same???? Also, heard there is a list out with each Divisions scheduled time for B.S.21.  Anyone know of this as well?????

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service