This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

I had not seen this ship/division created yet. My daughter is in this Division.

Views: 777

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for starting this Debbie!!...I couldn't figure out how to do it even with the very nice detailed instructions that were given...Duh.

And my daughter too is in this division, ( obviously). :)

I kinda just guessed ...hope i did it right? lol ..Hope lots of moms join all these groups these chats are very helpful. Do you know if our division has a FB page yet? I heard they start pages and post pics and stuff???? I hope so.  

I've only found the PIR pg so far, but if I find the division one I'll pass it on to everyone!! :)

Would love to hear a little about everyone's recruit if anyone would like to share.

My daughter is a "little" older ( 28), but doesn't look it...After she leaves GL's she'll go to San Antonio to Corpsman "A" school...She left from Cleveland Ohio, but we're actually from Louisville, Ky...She moved to Cleveland 7yrs ago to go to school and stayed...She did come back home last Dec., for economic reasons, but made the monthly trips back to Cleveland for her Dep meetings until she left...Anyway, I'm hoping the fact that she's older and has lived on her own for some time will make things a little easier for her...And while I'm missing her like crazy, perhaps not as much as I would be if she were just out of high-school and never lived away from us.

My SR called today was so nice tto hear his voice been so worried about him taking the 2 nd PT test he told me he missed. It by 26 seconds and the first time by 1 min the next one is on the 27th we r supposed to leave for chicago on the 28th don't know what to do I know if they don't pass the third one they go back a week and I will already have left before I hear anything I know he can do it ...any advice for me

You did it right! RTC FB has a Navy monitor and they post pics and such...you can ask questions and connect. I also recommend that if you would like a FB group for one of you to start one for yourselves...as you kind of "know" who you are. The RTC site no longer has forums for that so any you find on FB are started by others.

Here is the RTC FB link:

https://www.facebook.com/NavyRecruitTrainingCommand

Click on Photos...they take randome pictures sometimes of the Recruits during their training and of each PIR!

Thanks for starting this group. Got the letter today with the info. I was so happy. Have already written one note. Gonna send the free calling card info I received tomorrow.

DebiK:  Good job!  Now....just add 278 after the 277....they are brother divisions and train together on the same schedule...and the ladies from that division can join here too.  277/278.  Thanks so much for starting the discussion!

Jules:  The older ones such as your daughter are looked up to by the younger ones in their division.  The guys who are older are called "old men."  HA!  But they receive a certain kind of respect.  I bet she will be very helpful with the younger ones...kind of as a role model.  It is nice to have the different ages together to help one another!

Hi....yes I would love to add 278. I am on my cell so I'm just trying to figure out how? Lol :).....got it!!! Look forward to hearing from everyone.
Today is one week for our daughter she shipped last Tursday the 10th. My husband is putting our first card/letter to her in the mail on his way to work this morning!!! I miss her and just wonder what she is doing!!

I think it's a great idea Jules to put a little information about our girls (I was half sleep when I read through this last night - sorry).

My daughter is Tiffany (You can see some pictures of her on my page). She is 21 years old and very independent. She decided in 2011 after helping me through a bout with breast cancer, that she wanted to join the service to take the burden of paying for school off of me and she loves to travel and this is a way for her to do it. She did two years of college and my only child (she has other siblings from her dad's second marriage). She got into the DEP program in August of last year and did everything her recruiter asked her to do - run, lose weight, workout, read paperwork and start studying in preparation for BC. She is ready, me on the other hand...not so much! LOL...I'm getting better. 

I'm hoping that she becomes friends with the other ladies whose mom's I have had the pleasure of connecting with her. What a graduation it will be for them and us! LOL I will be putting her first letter from me in the mail today! 

Mynavybaby's daughter Tiffany and Claire both left from Cleveland together, ( but had different recruiters didn't know each other until meeting at the hotel the night before)...As I told Roxanne, even though they don't really know each other, I have to think it must be half-way comforting to have an at least a somewhat familiar face with them.

Claire decided to join the military in Dec. 2010, but had the Air Force in mind, however their age cut-off was younger and at the time she had more than 50lbs to lose!!...She began working out right away, but also quickly realized that she'd not make the age-cutoff in time to make boot camp, ( not only was the AF's age cut-off younger but they also had at least a 6-12 month time frame before even got to boot camp after signing)...And it was then she began to look at the Navy...In the end, I think with what she wants to do with her life, that the Navy and she were meant to be...The Navy recruiters, while realizing she was losing weight, wouldn't seriously talk to her until June of last year, and she didn't make weight to go to MEPS until Sept., and then they got her in right away.

As proud as I am of her joining the Navy I almost as proud of how hard she worked to lose the weight she'd put on during her 20's...She'd always been in shape and athletic, but in Dec. 2010 was coming out of a long term relationship, ( and we know what that can mean weight-wise sometimes). :)    Still though, she was only within 1lb of regulation and refused to eat with us the whole weekend before she left for MEPS...Roxanne, I think you said Tif was still watching her weight, but had more than 1lb to play with!!...I felt a little responsible for Claire's dilemma as she'd had a party, the 4th of July, and several dinners out with family the week before MEPS...Anyhoo's she held on and the first thing I asked her when she called from O'Hare was "have you eaten yet"??!! :)

I do hope she's put in the position of taking on more of mentor/leadership role, not so much for recognition, but because I think it would be good for her...She is very responsible but tends to be somewhat quiet and reserved, ( until you know her), and I just think that would be very good for her...So I guess we'll see if that happens.

Have already sent the 3 letters I'd already prepared last night...Going to write another today.

Oh, I didn't realize that she'd written on the last page of the form letter we received until last night...Almost didn't see the small note she left...It said:

"Family, things are pretty good here...The food isn't bad at all...Yesterday we went to medical and got "first issue", ( not sure what that is)...It took them 3 times to draw my blood...And yes, tell dad the boots are heavy!!!!...Also, my sweatpants are so big they keep falling down on me. :(    I think tomorrow is when the real physical activity starts...And the yelling!! YAY!!     Miss you guys and love you"

I thought if none of you had received a note yet, you might like hearing what little she had to say. :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service