This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Welcome to the Division Discussion for Divisions 335 and 336

These two divisions are brother divisions and will be training together from the beginning through BS21 their final test. Your SRs, soon to be SAILORS, are becoming friends, and some of them may be heading to A School together.

Get to know each other, your SRs are!

Please still use the Main Wall of the PIR Group to post questions, and concerns, we “veteran” moms don’t always get to into the discussion area as often as we would like.

Every single question that is asked is important Every single concern is genuine Every single member is important to us We don't want to accidentally overlook any of them or you.

Hang in there!!!

Views: 1842

Replies to This Discussion

By the number of "likes" there are few parents from this ship on N4M.  That is too bad.  Hopefully others find N4M and find their way to this page because it is the best support.  I have to thank a wonderful recruiter for guiding me here.

Real quick, I will give a bit of info about my SR.  My SR is my second son and my second to be in the Navy.  My first, is a nuke who finished schooling this spring and has his first assignment to a ship.  This one is going corpsman.  He would like to get attached to a unit in the field, but as a mom, I secretly am hoping for a hospital unit.  He is in 335.  I received a letter from him and the form letter last week and was so excited to receive a phone call.  He had some questionable news for me, so I was anxiously waiting mail on Thursday (that is when my first son's letters usually arrived) but nothing.  Now I am waiting for next Thursday in hopes of a letter that will explain all that has happened since last Saturday.  I will not lie, if I don't get one, I will be sad.  But having been through this all before, I know they are very busy and sometimes the last thing  they want to do is work their brain trying to write a letter that wont worry us.

I would love to hear the funny stories your SR tells.  But I would also like to caution you about one thing.  This is a public forum and everyone can see what is written.  Be careful so we do not bring punishment to our SR's by what is said here. 

From what my son said last weekend, he loves something called sun butter (I think) which is like peanut butter made with sunflower seeds.  He asked me to find out if it is available all across the country and if not to find a distributor he can order it from when he gets to his A school.  Funny how the simplest things can make his day.  That is one of the many reasons I love that boy.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

My daughter is in 336. So far she's doing we'll having been in JROTC for 3 years. Mine to had some some hiccups but no news is good news!

I was wondering if you heard anything.  I am hoping all is well with her.  No news for me as well. 

1navyson, They carry SunButter at the Target and here in Colorado. It's pretty good stuff! :)

Thanks.  I will tell him.  I had never heard of it before but he says it is wonderful.  I may have to pick up a jar and try it if my target carries it.

Hi everyone! My SR is my middle child and only boy. We've gotten one letter and one phone call from him so far. Hope we get to talk to him again soon. He will be going to Pensacola for A school as a corpsman after bootcamp. It's so nice to have the support of all these moms that are going throught the same thing. It's really been helpful.
FYI: they have sun butter at Trader Joes and Whole Foods

My son is the oldest of 2, his sister will be a senior in hs this year.  He has been determined to join the military since 2nd grade, decided on the Navy his jr. year and enlisted the first day he was allowed.  He was in DEP all of last summer and his whole senior year.  He will move on to Goose Creek, SC for nuke power school after BC. 

His last letter was heartwrenching for me and he is in that major homesick phase.  I am hoping that things are getting better for him as the time passes and he will come to like what he is doing and the path he has set forth on.  I was hoping for a call today, but it isn't looking like it's going to happen.

Just wondering... how do some SR's know where they are going after bc?  My nuke was told he could go to Goose Creek or stay in Great Lakes.  He didn't find out until PIR week where he was going.  This one thinks he may get sent to Texas for A and than either California or North Carolina after that.  He is a corpsman as well.  Why would he not be headed to Florida?  Just curious.  Any ideas? 

Mine will be Master at Arms and she was told San Antonio, Texas. Though she was told many things I believe that's where she is going. Some one found a link to her a school group on here, might be one for your sons too. Your question might be better answer there maybe.

Hi Everyone! My daughter is my youngest. Her Sister has been out of the house for 10 years. Things are very different at home now. My daughter had been in DEP for 7 months before leaving. She is going in un-designated as an Airman? Said she will go to Pensacola for A-school. She has wanted to do this all through high school. After considering all options, she chose the Navy! I think this is a good fit for her and I am a happy and very proud mother!

She arrived at GL on July 9th. I received her first letter on Thurs. July 18th, form letter July 19th and phone call on July 20th! Her sister received a letter on Thurs. July 25th. 

Of course this is a big change from talking to her several times a day, but I have written every day and am very grateful to this site for updates. Her letter still reflected her sense of humor, so I know she's ok!

My SR is in 336. He entered DEP July 2012 as a reserve and then completed his senior year in high school. He is a corpsman and was told his A school will be in San Antonio. He arrived in GL 7/9. We received his box 7/12, his 1st letter 7/18, form letter 7/19 , voicemail on 7/20 (I missed his call), and 2nd letter on 7/25. I was hoping so much for a call today. His 2nd letter sounded good and he said his division is with 335. Hang in there everyone!

My son looked up on the internet before he left and San Antonio is where it said he would go.  He didn't ask anyone though.  I think it really doesn't matter to him.  He is very young- just turned 18 during boot camp and I think he is ready for an adventure.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service