This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Welcome to the Division Discussion for Divisions 035 and 036

These two divisions are brother divisions and will be training together from the beginning through BS21 their final test. Your SRs, soon to be SAILORS, are becoming friends, and some of them may be heading to A School together.

Get to know each other, your SRs are!

Please still use the Main Wall of the PIR Group to post questions, and concerns, we “veteran” moms don’t always get to into the discussion area as often as we would like.

Every single question that is asked is important

Every single concern is genuine

Every single member is important to us

We don't want to accidentally overlook any of them or you.

Hang in there!!!

Views: 695

Replies to This Discussion

I'm hoping to meet some other moms in this group. My son is division 35 and will be going to Pensacola for A school. I got my first official letter from him last Thursday and my first phone call on Saturday. I hope all of your moms are doing well.

My son is in Division 35, too.  He will stay in Great Lakes for A school.  How are you holding up?

My son will be staying in Great Lakes for A school too.

My son is Div. 35 and I think he will also stay in Great lakes for A School. We will be going to go see him for Thanksgiving, Adopt a sailor for the day. I am excited to see him.

Hello, my son is in Div 036 and I'm inquiring about the Adopt a sailor for a day. Can you expound on that for me. I hope all is well. My son will be going to Pensacola for A school.

Hello Ladies!  My son is in Ship 14, Div 36...I assume our boys are all close at least.  My son will be headed to San Antonio for A School (Hospital Corpsman).  We've received two phone calls (the 2nd for only about 5 minutes) and one round of letters so far.  I'm hoping to have one waiting in the mailbox tomorrow.  He's supposed to be having his wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow...poor dude.

Solomon22, you should be receiving a yellow form letter from your SR that you will sign and either fax or email back. Hold onto the letter, that's your golden ticket to pick him up. We can pick them up Thanksgiving morning between 8:30-9:00 & return them back that evening by 7:00 (I believe). They can travel no farther than 50 miles away from base. If family is unable to adopt their SR for the day, than those recruits will be adopted by local groups and treated to the traditional Thanksgiving meal and will be given cell phones to use to make calls home so keep your phones close. :)
hi everyone- my son is SHIP 014 DIV 035 - PIR 12-11-15. I also got 3 letters that all came on same day and 2 phone calls. I didnt expect to hear his voice. He sounded good - we have all been writing letters and sending pictures to him. We had my son get his wisdom teeth pulled in september before going in. good luck to yours. My son is going to A school in TX also and i am trying to find out how much time we will have with him after graduation as we need to make flight arrangements. Does anyone know this info? thx

tys Mom from CT, I am from CT also and I adopted a sailor in this brotherhood.  His name is Rodrigrez see if your son knows him.  I keep writing but don't hear back, that is ok, just hope he is doing alright.  As for what you get, the night before PIR, your son  will have his room completely packed.  When PIR is over you get to take him out of BC and spend the day, DO NOT I PREPEAT, do not go to Chicago, it's too far with too much traffic to get him back to book camp before curfew.  get to base on hour before curfew there will be a line to get back in.  At this point you will know when he is heading to the airport and have instructions on where to meet him at the airport.  You will get to go in a special gate and stay at the airport until he leaves, then you can have lunch or something together then.  This visit can be up to 5 hours, take advantage of it.  Let me know if you have any more questions. :) NMH

SO NOW YOU HAVE 30 DAYS, IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS YOU WILL BE AT 29, I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU, IT'S GOING TO GO FAST, GET READY !!!!!

PIR is approaching - DIV 035 SHIP 14- My husband is going to see our son for Thanksgiving Weather sounds like they might be getting snow now. Hope he doesn't run into delays. He is also adopting a fellow recruit from CT, initials ZG. They actually met before flight out of CT and are now bunk mates. My son TV, is heading to TX for Master of Arms training. We originally thought we woukd have graduation day and sat to be with him but he just sent a letter saying he has to be back on base by 8:30 pm Friday 12/11. Wish we had more time with him but he must be flying out sat morning. So far we received a call from our son the last 3 saturdays. i love hearing his voice and receiving letters, usually on Thursdsys. He definitely looks forward to receiving mail. He sounds well. In week 6 they are doing more testing and for advancement and simulations etc. We heard he might choose to come home for Christmas holiday. Does anyone know the dates those might be? We woukld love that. I did send him a bunch of phone cards to use tho he said he could buy them at store on base too. Thinking of all of you!! so proud of our men and women.

Hey all, My son is Div 036. Can you believe this is coming to an end soon? 10 days!  My Sailor will then go to A-school in Pensacola. We're not sure what happens after that. B-school? C-school? Or just to a ship?  He's going into Aviation Ordnanceman. 

Please join me in praying that the kiddos get thru this week and we all get a "I'm a SAILOR" call this Friday!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service