This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
i never see div 085 out there lol just wanting to find other people whos loved one is in div 085

Views: 455

Replies to This Discussion

hello, funny you should say that because I've been thinking the same thing. I've seen all other divisions except 085 finally I've found somebody else. Glad to meet you AdamsWifey, my son is in this division.

My son is also in this division.  I know there is another mother on this board with a son in the same division and a mother with a daughter in this division.  Glad to start seeing this group grow, I'm sure our boys know each other!
Hello Wendic - Got a letter from my son yesterday I cried through the whole letter. He sounds good and says he is a yomen working with the dental group. He says boot camp isn't bad as long as you do what you're told when you're told to do it. He seems to be adapting well. Told me that his dad and I were the best parents and that he misses us a ton. We miss him too and can't wait to see him at graduation. Maybe he knows your daughter, hope to see you there. Take care.
I had a message that some moms and wives wanted me to post the info about PIR ribbons I make. They were worried that some people might only be on these discussions and not see the ribbon info on the main page. So at their request here it is. :) There are more pics on my page as well as pics of Navy scrapbook embellishments I make and sell.  Everyone who orders ribbons gets a free handmade scrapbook embellishment with their order. It is hard to believe how soon your PIR is. We are trying to get over a winter storm. We got about a foot of snow the last couple of days, way too much for NC lol. We just aren't equipped to get rid of it like they are up north. If you have questions or want more info send me a message or friend request. Thanks

Good morning all.  I am wondering how much you have heard from your SR.  We have gotten only one short letter and it is killing me not to have heard more from him.  I know no news is good news but I would like a little news :)  I read this board often so can kind of figure out where they are in training and what they're doing but would love to know something more concrete and specific for his division.  It sounds like we should be getting phone calls from our SR's this week, I am excited about that.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the call will be late enough in the day that my husband and I are together so that we both can talk to him.  Hope all you ladies have a great day and we can all connect at PIR.

My brother is in this division too!

sooo glad im not the only one! lol

proudmama they prolly do know each other. adam is MAA, last name smith, red hair... he said his hair has grown back a little so im sure he stands out. what are your sons, daughter and brothers jobs or names?

My girl is Ship 03/Division 085. Got 3 letters this past weekend. She sounded good. Having just been in a massive snow delay in Atlanta for hours, I am hoping that Chicago has gotten all the snow over and done with. I Will be very angry if we cannot get into Chicago for PIR. I may have to borrow some dogs and get a dog sled but I am going to be there when her division walks in for PIR!!!

Let's all hope for good weather on February 18th.

Kathy Dee

We got a letter from our son yesterday :))  He said they had just had their swim qualifier and they were to do their baseline PFA the next day. He said they were all really starting to come together as a group.

Don't know if the rest of you are aware of this but the weekend our SR's PIR is a holiday weekend and according to the RTC site they will have liberty on Monday too!!!  I am so excited about that!

Hello everyone,

My daughter is in this divison as well.  She has called home twice and we have received 4 letters.  She said in one of her letters that she is a section leader and her bunk mate was from Philly.  Is your loved one from Philly?  She sounded so great on the phone, full of energy and excited about all that she had going on at bootcamp.  She also said the worst thing was being away from all of us.  Apparently she has been thinking about it because, she started crying and said Mommy you know you and I have never been apart more than 5 days in my whole life.  I know it is killing me and I have our family to get me through this, I can't image how hard it is for her.  She is however very adaptable to new things and very focused when it comes to her Navy life.  A real Leader!!!!  I am so proud of her for doing this.  I can't wait for February 18th to get here.  I saw where another division is having everyone (women) wear a pink scarf to PIR so that they will recognize one another.  Would you guys like to do the same thing, just a different color?  Maybe RED!!!  It will look great in the pics that day!!  LOL!!!  I am sooooo glad to see someone else from Div. 085!!!!  Looking forward to the weeks ahead with you guys and encouraging each other through the rough spots! 

Mamma-K  (this is the nickname all the kids, mine and their friends, call me at home.  If you tell your SR that, they will find my daughter, she is 5'3" dark brown hair, and the only one with the SOUTHERN ACCENT!!!!)  She said they all pick on her about the accent in good fun, she loves it ~!  LOL!!!

Hi,I can't believe it,s almost over,I'm so glad,I have a girl in div-085.boot is almost done and I'm finally figuring this out we leave from Sacramento ca Thursday morning 11 am can't wait to give hugs to her I know u are excited to.
Hello ladies
My daughter is in Div 086 which is the brother/sister division of 085

The girls from both division share quarters so our girls most likely know each other as do the sons for both of those divisions share quarters also

You may want to follow our division also so we csn share news and info on each

Lookking forward to meeting all of you at PIR!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service