This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Any one else find out yet that their son/daughter to PIR from Ship 11/Div 118 ? The letters shoud be arriving any day now. I got mine yesterday! There is also a great link for photos etc. http://www.navyformoms.com/group/pir40111/forum/topics/keelphotodvd...

Views: 560

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Chrissy!  Yup, I'm a Ship11 / Div 118 Mom too !!!  It looks like theres 4 of us now. Bubbas Mom started a discussion somewhere on here for us.   My son shipped out of TX on 2/7 and I got his form letter yesterday Mon 2/14 with his info.  He did write just a quick few lines on the bottom of letter.  I cried a couple of times yesterday....he was actually very sweet and loving in his words. He has changed ALOT in just a week!!  haha  He's a good kid and I know he will do very good in the Navy.  He was just really pumped up and ready to go.  Looking forward to staying in touch, Take Care Michelle
Yes I received the form letter from his C/O yesterday.  My son shipped out from  CA on 2/7.  Was suppose to ship out on 2/3 delayed because of the weather in Chicago. The note he wrote in the provided space was just enough to make me cry again, yet it was not as tough as receiving his box that put the whole thing in prospective. Relieved to have an address to send a letter...though I might need a refresher course... emails have reeked havoc on letter writing skills  lol

I am another mom of Ship 11 Div 118.  The "kid in a box" was an experience for myself too.  Then the form letter.  I'm calling these "baby steps".  In my mind our guys are learning to walk again and these are their "baby steps" for us to once again admire and encourage them for more!  Silly I know, but it's getting me though. 

Hooyah!!

Hi guys...Im another mom of Ship 11-Div 118 hooyah! Just a few months ago I was a mom of Ship 14. Div 269 when my daughter was there in Aug. Now my son is there so I can answer ANY questions you all may have. Although it may seem like a long time..PIR will be here before you know it. Cant wait to get acquainted with you all. =)
Hi there CamyandRodsMom!  Thats an awesome thing that you will have 2 sailors!  You must be such a proud, proud Mama.  Were lucky to have an 'experienced" Mom in our group.  Looks like we've got a good group of ladies so far.  Looking forward to sharing and getting to know everybody
I agree with you all about the "kid in the box" that was very hard to get. But i know he is doing well. When i got the form letter and his message on the bottom, that hit home hard too. But what a tease, just a few lines. :( I can't wait for a  "real" letter to find out how everything is going, i think between myself, my husband and our daughter we have written about 15 letters and cards already, not including those from grandparents, aunts etc. Mushell, i didn't see Bubbas Mom's discussion group. I will look again. Camyandromsmom, thank you for your offer on any info for us. Wow you have 2 in now. Any help with PIR and where to stay, eat etc would be great. We have already booked our hotel, we are staying at the Navy Lodge. Joannemichaelsmom, my son was delayed just like your son, we are from CT, i was glad to see that their PIR was not delayed a week because of it. I can't wait to get to know all of you also, i think in some small way by talking to other mom's in the same ship and div we feel a littler closer to our sailor. Talk to you all soon.

I've noticed some of the divisions with PIR 4-1 have sent letters home.  Have any of you received anything yet?  I'm very anxious to find out how our guys are doing and what is happening.  I'm positive they are doing well and working extremely hard, but I need my next "baby Step"!  I'm not expecting a call for a couple more weeks but a letter soon will be just as nice!

HooyahProud, sorry..no news yet.  I just got home and checked the mailbox, the only thing I have received so far is the 4 or 5 sentences at the bottom of my form letter received on Monday 2/14.  No worries though, my ship 11 div 118 group will be the first to know when I get a letter!  So far we seem to be the smallest group.  I guess that will make us a tight knit group :-)

also, Chrissy099, I had sent a message to BubbasMom the other day letting her know we also have a group under 4/1/11 PIR.  No word yet

I know our guys will be fine and have all made a very positive life changing decision. Each week we will all get a little stronger (us and them)  I'm really happy to have this group so I dont feel all alone in this adventure!

I haven't checked here for a while.  Fun to see more people.  Is everyone starting to reserve rooms yet? I am getting very anxious for the next letter. also.  Hope everyone has a great day.Kym

I booked a room at the Residence Inn and booked a flight on Southwest.  Those "Wanna Get Away" fares are pretty inexpensive if you get in there early before theyre gone.  They are the best because if something happens and your SR graduates on another date...It's never a problem to change flights, no cost, no nothing!  But if you book SW air, do it through their Southwestair.com website and not priceline or ?  I did that before....and nightmare trying to change flight around with a 3rd party involved.  I also got my rental car at the same time I booked my flight, and we've got a nonstop flight into Midway.  Put my mind at ease to have all the travel arrangements done.  Sending positive thoughts to all our guys in Div 118, know they will all do great!

I believe I'm going to do the same as you.  Southwest does seem to have better prices and Residence will offer a more comfortable room.  Especially if more than one family would like to visit each other.  I've also told my SR that if others in the Division will not have family at PIR, they are more than welcome to join us.  And maybe if time allows some of us can get together with the guys!  I'm so excited and proud - HOOHYA!
Hello! Just wanted to give an update about wearing scarves to PIR 4/01/11... each division is picking a color of scarf to wear (we might encourage other family members to wear the color as well), and that will make us very identifiable in the stands to our division!  Think about your color (it looks like 115 has already chosen yellow). and get involved in the comment section on PIR 4/01/11.  Thanks.  I am keeping a spreadsheet of who is is what division, etc.  and looked for people in other groups this afternoon.  In your letters, ask your SR to ask their Moms, Dads, wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, etc. to join N4Ms!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service